kuihung
08-05-2007, 08:44 AM
anyone have any idea about the thinnest overgrip, I like tracky feel~

I've tried Gamma Grip2, ut I dun like the surface pattern,
any other idea I can try?
THX!:grin:

aidenous
08-05-2007, 08:54 AM
Weiss Cannon makes a great overgrip but TW doesn't carry it yet. You can go to http://www.weisscannonusa.com/ and click on dealers to see who carries their products. I asked TW awhile back if they were going to carry this and didn't get a response. I think a lot of people would really like this grip.

The WeissCANNON Mystery Overgrip is made of an elastic latex-like material that is similar to the Wilson Pro and Yonex Supergrap overgrips. The difference is that the Mystery overgrip comes in much thinner, measuring a comfortable .50mm while it's competitors generally measure .70mm - .80mm. A thinner overgrip is especially good for those who prefer to use overgrips but want to increase the grip diameter as little as possible.

In addition to the advantages of being thin, the "Mystery Overgrip" offers a comfort coating. For those looking for a durable overgrip, with a comfortable feel and some tackiness to prevent slippage, this product will definitely deliver.

Rafa freak
08-05-2007, 08:55 AM
Babolat VS are the thinest.

federer envies me
08-05-2007, 09:07 AM

yeah, thats what I use :p

kuihung
08-05-2007, 09:13 AM

yes, VS is really a thin grip...
but I dun think it has a tracky feel to me...:sad:

aidenous
08-06-2007, 07:46 AM
VS is really thin but not tacky that's why I mentioned the Weiss Cannon. It's just like Wilson Pro or Yonex Supergrap but a lot thinner. Really nice.

Dangus
08-06-2007, 01:11 PM
Babolat VS and Gamma Grip 2 overgrips are both listed at .40 mm

Stan
08-06-2007, 01:57 PM
Agreed. The WeissCANNON overgrips are nice, but if you are looking for thin and tacky, the thinnest is by far the Kirschbaum Touch It Ultra. It comes in at .38mm. You can read about it here: http://www.kirschbaumusa.com/index_grips.php

GAZ082
08-07-2007, 06:13 PM
I'm using Gamma 2 and they rock. Been playing for 10 hours and still keeps its tackiness.

Ripper
08-07-2007, 06:34 PM
I'm using Gamma 2 and they rock. Been playing for 10 hours and still keeps its tackiness.

Yeah, if you like them tacky and thin, that's the one. It has a thickness of 0.4mm. The problem with it is that it doesn't stretch, making it difficult to install perfectly over the butt cap area. The Bab VS, also, has a thickness of 0.4mm, but isn't as tacky (much more absorbent, though).

thundaga
08-07-2007, 07:43 PM
you could always just get some supergrap and pull it really tight while wrapping it.

GAZ082
08-07-2007, 07:52 PM
Yeah, if you like them tacky and thin, that's the one. It has a thickness of 0.4mm. The problem with it is that it doesn't stretch, making it difficult to install perfectly over the butt cap area. The Bab VS, also, has a thickness of 0.4mm, but isn't as tacky (much more absorbent, though).

Yes, that's true. But if you keep the 1/16 inch (1 mm) overlapping, you can wrap a 5/8 grip like my LM 4 with little problem. But yes, using it would be much more easy if they just extend the length by a single inch.

Rafa freak
08-14-2007, 08:34 PM
you could always just get some supergrap and pull it really tight while wrapping it.

I tried that it didn't work.

OneHander
08-19-2007, 04:04 AM
Anyone have a feel or know about how much an overgrip like TournaGrip or Supergrap add to the size of a grip. I am debating getting rackets with a
4 3/8 or 4 1/2 grips.

bzazut
08-19-2007, 06:39 AM
Signum Pro TOUR .50 mm - tacky , absorbent (blue or white, the orange is not as tacky) and very comfy .

Chauvalito
08-19-2007, 07:10 AM
For those of you who have used Yonex super grap, and Wilson Pro overgrip:

When I tried both of these grips they felt exactly the same, other than the thickness difference, which you can barely feel.

Anyway, both of them are made in Indonesia, which leads me to believe that they come from the same factory, and a are cut at different thicknesses/lengths etc.

Furthermore, the tape given with the grips are printed on similiar black tape, as well being printed in the exact same color...

Anyone know where the Weiss Cannon grips are made?

A_Fish
08-19-2007, 01:46 PM
A good one to try is Babolat Syntec - nice and absorbent - yet tacky and very thin gives very good feel...

aceinurface
08-21-2007, 09:20 PM
I believe all Weiss CANNON products are manufactured in germany, but I could be mistaken.