PDA

View Full Version : Dunlop Balls

ChocolatePie
08-05-2007, 01:10 PM
Is it just me, or are these balls heavier than Penn and Wilson? Just by a little, a lot of my shots are hitting the net when I opened a brand new can of Dunlop Champioship.

This balls seem so much faster compared to Wilson however. My serves seem faster than usual, but my groundstrokes go into net more often :-(

Is it just something I have to get used to?

K-LEG
08-05-2007, 09:28 PM
What a coincidence? I just bought two cans of Dunlop Championship tennis balls today. They are heavier or atleast I think so. They are a lot more durable then that other junk (PENN). Anyways they're pretty good quality balls so just keep using them and not that other junk (PENN).

ChocolatePie
08-06-2007, 07:34 AM
Yeah I thought they were just a little heavier and it made me hit the tape on the net soooo much.

Haha yes, I hate Penn too. I guess I can get used to these balls.

aidenous
08-06-2007, 07:42 AM
I never noticed the Dunlops as being heavier. I did notice Prince balls seemed heavier.

AceofBase
08-06-2007, 08:09 AM
Dunlop is more stiffier or harder than Prince, but i prefer Prince ball since its softer and not as heavy as Dunlop.

coach
08-06-2007, 12:13 PM
With regard to heavier, weight is to be about 57 grams, give or take 1 GRAM. Since there is 28.35 grams to one ounce, a gram is really insignificant. I think what we all react to is the rubber core and maybe the quality of the felt. To me certain balls consistantly feel heavier but if true be told, I would say I'm reacting more to a "harder" ball (core). And of course on a hot day, balls bounce higher and conversely lower in cool weather also affecting feel.