PDA

View Full Version : PMac Wastes No Time!

MattNowicki
03-16-2004, 07:14 PM
Whoa...three minutes into the Youhzny-Agassi match, and PMac already brings up Roddick's 2003 Aussie career. I think that's a new record! As you guys probably know, I'm a firm Roddick supporter, but wow...PMac's wayyyyy overboard here.

chad shaver
03-16-2004, 07:20 PM
He also mentioned that Youhzny had the advantage over Roddick, and that Roddick came back to win.

I generally don't care one way or the other what PMac says, but DANG!!! It's a shame how PMac's gushing over Roddick overshadows Roddick's success and abilities.

@wright
03-16-2004, 07:51 PM
I bet PMAC spends alot of his free time looking at pictures on the Roddick fan sites...

jjames
03-16-2004, 08:16 PM
at what point does agaSSi begin playing real opponents

PureCarlosMoyaDrive
03-16-2004, 08:17 PM
Also, I love these commentators. Everytime Agassi hits a good shot or whatever, it's beautiful, perfect, years of experience, etc. Youzhny runs down everything and hits a big shot to win a point, and it's Agassi just wasn't expecting that. Wish I could just slap everyone of these announcers, then go and slap Agassi afterwards.

at what point does agaSSi begin playing real opponents

Please let me know when you find out also. Comon Coria in the next round, he'll take him clay court style.

jjames
03-16-2004, 08:18 PM
and how many times a day do we have to watch agassi

MattNowicki
03-16-2004, 08:22 PM
In truth, PureCarlos, many of his shots are very beautifully crafted, and wonderfully executed. Of course, others are pure luck, and I too agree that the guys in the booth seem to forget which is which. By the way, since when did you begin going against Andre and Andy? If I remember correctly, you did support both last year ;-)

CBodom
03-16-2004, 08:24 PM
i too dream of rod dick as matt and pmac do

MattNowicki
03-16-2004, 08:26 PM
Well, CBodom, that was a bit below the belt, especially as it wasn't true. I am going to be bashed for being a supporter of Roddick? Can't a guy have favorites to root for? You guys go ahead and root for Federer, I don't say anything to that...but can I go ahead and root for Roddick...is that okay with you, CBodom?

PureCarlosMoyaDrive
03-16-2004, 08:52 PM
Matt, I have always had a strong dis like for agassi. Roddick, I used to like him, until I saw him get ripped by Federer at Wimbledon. I was rooting for him a little after that, then he won the US Open, I started getting to watch him everyday, and I just lost any love I had. I don't hate him, I just don't really like his game at all. His strokes and fat serve are just too ugly for me. I'm down with my clay courters for sure, but Agassi, boot him as soon as possible please.

StupidCupid
03-16-2004, 09:00 PM
I have always thought PMac is an idiot, just as Pam Shriver is.

@wright
03-16-2004, 09:08 PM
If I ever see PMAC in person, I'm gonna have to lay it straight to the guy about his constant manlove of Roddick-disgusting. I wonder if Johnny Mac realizes what his brother is doing every night over the mic?

prince
03-16-2004, 09:55 PM
Jmac needs to put some sense into his brothers mind .

AA
03-16-2004, 09:58 PM
Where does your hate of Andre Agassi come from, PureCarlosMoyaDrive?

Personally I couldnt find a tennisplayer who has promoted the sport any better than Agassi.....Also, Agassi is probably the most respected person/tennisplayer on the tour + he has behaved like a true champion both on and off court in the last 7-8 years. Which he didnt, in the beginning of his caree (sp)

Just curious,
Daniel

david aames
03-16-2004, 10:02 PM
If I ever see PMAC in person, I'm gonna have to lay it straight to the guy about his constant manlove of Roddick-disgusting.

I live a few blocks from the guy. Come crash on my couch and I'll be more than happy to give you a hand in case you want to start a rampage. Even better -- I could find you his hairdresser's phone number.

Anonymous
03-17-2004, 02:42 AM
uhh are you a chick?

Kevin Patrick
03-17-2004, 09:04 AM
Hypothetical question:say you were the US Davis Cup captain whose team's chances largely hinge on one player. Do you

A)Kiss the player's *** once in a while, ensuring a good relationship with said player
or
B)Always speak your mind, tell it like it is, & risk alienating the player like your brother did to Sampras in 2000

And as far as PMAC bringing up the 2003 Aussie Open win against Youzhny, I don't see how that was completely off topic since that was the only other time Youzhny was on US television.

rommil
03-17-2004, 09:11 AM
This coming from Matt Nowicki? It must have been way too much drooling then......

baseliner
03-17-2004, 09:30 AM
Calm down fans :wink: We all know what the game is. PMac needs A-Rod on his Davis Cup team. PMac also says nice things about the other D Cup teammates. He is trying to recruit and keep the team together. He has a vested interest in keeping A-Rod happy. Is that a conflict of interest that disqualifies him from the booth? I'll let you decide.

chad shaver
03-17-2004, 09:43 AM
I don't think it DQ's him from the booth. But it does get to be a bit much.

chad shaver
03-17-2004, 09:43 AM
BTW, I miss Fred Stolle's commentary.

borisboris
03-17-2004, 09:50 AM
:lol: The firery one is greatly missed in North America. P.S. PMAC has photo's of ABOMB under his pillow.

@wright
03-17-2004, 10:08 AM
OK, I see your point about brown-nosing, but that's not what is going on here. We can only assume that PMAC kisses AROD's *** at practice and in private. What does public worship over airwaves have to do with kissing crack? Is PMAC thinking Andy's friends/relatives will hear the public lust on tv and tell Andy "PMAC said some nice things about you", I really don't think that would float Andy's boat to have himself talked about the way PMAC does. If Andy is into what PMAC does over the mic, then he is one sick person.

polakosaur
03-17-2004, 10:36 AM
i wonder how it sounds like pmac is commentating and roddick is playing