PDA

View Full Version : Be careful in dealing with bblttnns200@aol.com

!<-_->!
08-06-2007, 03:45 PM
We were set to trade racquets. We established a date to mail out racquets. After that established date, he has not returned a single email. Racquets were set to be mailedon Thursday August 2. Today is now Monday August 6. We agreed to use USPS priority, which takes 3 days max. I wouldn't post this normally but his lack of response indicates that something may be fishy. In addition, when I asked if he had any references, he got defensive and assumed the trade would be off. That, to me, seemed a little bit suspicious. Anyway, be careful with this guy. He may not be a scammer, but so far he appears to be with the deal I made with him.

Shashwat
08-06-2007, 06:23 PM
Are you serious?
He did the same for me, he hasn't replied since about 5 days and we were set with a deal.

It was for the K-90.

!<-_->!
08-06-2007, 06:28 PM
Yea, I was going to trade for either K90 or PDR. Went with the PDR. Lucky for me though is that I found him suspicious the moment he wanted to back out when I simply asked him for reference. As I have references, I haven't sent out the racquet seeing if he would try to pull a fast one on me. Seems like he has made that attempt.

!<-_->!
08-07-2007, 08:02 AM
So without reposting this person's contact info in case it may be inaccurate, the trader in question has given me one name and address while has given another person a separate contact information. His case isn't panning out too well, but I hope this gets resolved.

icorp
08-07-2007, 10:29 AM
There was an earlier post for this person that was deleted. I also tried to trade rackets with him and he requested the shipment to Delware while the original post that was deleted was sent to St Louis. He may be trying to find buyers and requesting a 3 way transaction (I'm speculating). When I requested for references he said he didn't have any and when I asked him to ship first he did not reply.

woobeum
08-07-2007, 11:51 AM
My original post was deleted by the board moderator, only after it was complained by the seller, htazn15. The reason for that was because I included his shipping address on my post. I didn't want to make any accusations, but at the same time, I tried to warn others from what appeared to be real "strange" requests from this seller. Below is an example of his many requests that didn't make any sense at all to me. Looks like he has some explaining to do. Here is his payment instruction (minus the actual shipping address now!!):

Payment instructions:

overnight to :

XXXXX XXXXX
XXXX XXXXXXX ln
saint louis, mo 63134

Don't include any notes with your payment except a note with this code on it and nothing else. b0013

On the spot where is saids c.o.d or used for write in the following code: >b0013 and nothing else

The reason I want you to overnight is because I will be leaving on a trip soon and I want to make sure you get the rackets.
And for the code(b0013), I'm helping my friend who is a powerseller on **** to process payment for him. The code is kind of like a reference number since I get many money orders and can't keep track of all of it.

Btw, he has a "lifeline telephone" so you can't call him either.. :confused:
"I have a lifeline telephone so I think that they are blocking national >calls. I'll try to call you, whats your number again?"

!<-_->!
08-07-2007, 12:35 PM
Also, he gave my name and address to someone else he was supposedly going to trade with.

vkartikv
08-07-2007, 01:57 PM
what is his username on the boards?

!<-_->!
08-07-2007, 02:55 PM
His user name on the boards is htazn15 and his email is bblttnns200@aol.com. No clue what his real name is though.

Fedace
08-07-2007, 03:03 PM
We were set to trade racquets. We established a date to mail out racquets. After that established date, he has not returned a single email. Racquets were set to be mailedon Thursday August 2. Today is now Monday August 6. We agreed to use USPS priority, which takes 3 days max. I wouldn't post this normally but his lack of response indicates that something may be fishy. In addition, when I asked if he had any references, he got defensive and assumed the trade would be off. That, to me, seemed a little bit suspicious. Anyway, be careful with this guy. He may not be a scammer, but so far he appears to be with the deal I made with him.

What or who is bblttnns200@aol.com ??? Can we only put their email adress in as names ?? I had a very bad or ripoff dealing with a email company in Florida just 2 weeks ago. and i like to warn all good people in this forum about it. Is there rule as to we cannot put their business names in the title and so on ?? :confused:

Azzurri
08-07-2007, 06:11 PM
I had dealings with this guy. Stay away from him. He was selling that K Factor for $100 shipped...too low. He is a strange dude. He had no refrences and when I offered to send Money order after he showed receipt of sending racquets he accused me of trying to rip him off or steal from him. I told him I had 200 refrences (TW and the bay) and he had nothing...I told him that was the only way I woudl deal with him. My plan was to send the money once I got the racquet because he seemd like an *****...boy was I right.;)

yourname1245
08-07-2007, 06:25 PM
yo thats funny cause he wanted to trade me 2 k90's for 2 n6.1 95's and i wanted him to overnight them and he never did. He gave me that address in nc but his real name is Steve Beck. He said that he couldn't call me but i said i would call him and he never sent any emails again.
thanks
sal

!<-_->!
08-07-2007, 09:33 PM
I don't get what this guy is doing then. He's giving people the names and addresses of other people. So if he's trying to rip people off in trades, wouldn't these other people be getting the racquets and not him?

diredesire
08-07-2007, 09:45 PM
This guy seems to be getting kicks sending frames to other people... I'd contact the police department in the region where you are sending the frames to, and maybe you can recover your frames.

Also, I'm going to stick this thread because people need to see it. I am guessing the admins will ban him (if they haven't already).

Hondasteve
08-08-2007, 02:50 AM
Would one of the mods or the person who posted it please remove my personal info(address) from the thread? Thanks.

Kaptain Karl
08-08-2007, 04:04 AM
Folks - You may not post other peoples' IRL names and street addresses on here. (I know you're trying to determine if this guy is a cheat, but leave the posting to City and State please.)

- KK, Moderator

omktid
08-08-2007, 05:32 AM
I agree with you. But why delete entire posts? Get rid of the addresses and names.

I sent him 5 frames for his 2PDR + cash and it has been 10 days now. Like I said earlier I have been scammed real good. He said he sent it via parcel post and sent me bogus tracking number and has not responded to my emails.

Hondasteve, looks like we are the only ones who really got scammed. I naively put a note for him ("yours to keep") as he had requested.

This amounts to postal fraud, right?

Folks - You may not post other peoples' IRL names and street addresses on here. (I know you're trying to determine if this guy is a cheat, but leave the posting to City and State please.)

- KK, Moderator

yourname1245
08-08-2007, 06:08 AM
has anyone sent him theier racquets?
thanks
sal

diredesire
08-08-2007, 06:10 AM
I agree with you. But why delete entire posts? Get rid of the addresses and names.

I sent him 5 frames for his 2PDR + cash and it has been 10 days now. Like I said earlier I have been scammed real good. He said he sent it via parcel post and sent me bogus tracking number and has not responded to my emails.

Hondasteve, looks like we are the only ones who really got scammed. I naively put a note for him ("yours to keep") as he had requested.

This amounts to postal fraud, right?

We can't edit posts, it was users that requested this.
Thus, if something needs to go, it's the entire post or nothing :(

As far as postal fraud, you really lose a lot of credibility in your case because of the "yours to keep" note. HOWEVER, keep all communications between you on hand and PRINT them out. I'd also contact a lawyer and see where you stand. DO NOT take advice from others in online forums as legal advice. Talk to a lawyer, and contact the local police department in the area in which you shipped the frames to! Tell them what happened, and see if they can recover your frames.

!<-_->!
08-08-2007, 07:10 AM
For those who have sent their racquets, have you tried perhaps mailing a letter to the place you sent them to. As it seems most of our racquets aren't actually going to this scammer, maybe it'll be possible to recover your frames. Also, to Shashwat, you were given my address to send racquets to. Did you send them? If you did, I can return them to you, but I haven't received anything so I'm going to assume you were lucky and didn't send anything out.

AgassiGuy23
08-08-2007, 07:19 AM
Anyone in here from Boston, MA? Thats where this dude told me to send my PDs to.... Has anyone tried to do a search on A O L for this screen name to see if you can come up with his real name? *T&Y@L*E!R %K&U$L#G@E*R is what I came up with...

Shashwat
08-08-2007, 07:21 AM
Yeah i didn't because i had a feeling it was a scam since he wasn't replying, thank you though.

If anyone sent anything to San Antonio, TX 78217, you sent it to me and you will get your stuff back. But looks like no one has sent anything this way.

omktid
08-08-2007, 07:27 AM
I sent my rackets to: San Jose, CA 95126.

The street address I sent to, ends up being a home for sale (as indicated by google search).

omktid
08-08-2007, 07:32 AM
Anyone in here from Boston, MA? Thats where this dude told me to send my PDs to.... Has anyone tried to do a search on A O L for this screen name to see if you can come up with his real name? *T&Y@L*E!R %K&U$L#G@E*R is what I came up with...

Are you in San Jose? The racquets you have for sale (PDR's) are the exact ones he traded for.

diredesire
08-08-2007, 07:34 AM
Is this guy basically having users send random racquets to other users? He seems to be using other users' personal info?

Shashwat
08-08-2007, 07:43 AM
Is this guy basically having users send random racquets to other users? He seems to be using other users' personal info?

Yes, basically. I don't know what he'll get out of it.

flamekid992000
08-08-2007, 10:20 AM
He paid me 20 bucks to tell someone that we were friends. The money he sent came from Winston Salem, NC 27127.

p.s. The only reason that I did is because I thought he need help selling his stuff since he has no feedback.

flamekid992000
08-08-2007, 10:49 AM
p.s If anyone sent theirs to 73127 please get in touch with me.

VGP
08-08-2007, 12:14 PM
flamekid - you actually accepted the guy's offer to lie to someone about being the guy's friend? Uncool.

diredesire
08-08-2007, 01:18 PM
flamekid - you actually accepted the guy's offer to lie to someone about being the guy's friend? Uncool.

Yeah, if he gets arrested/charged with internet fraud, you might be an accessory!

Hondasteve
08-08-2007, 03:07 PM
p.s If anyone sent theirs to 73127 please get in touch with me.

I sent mine to an apartment at that zip code-could you email me at livforhim1 at a o l dot com? I tried to email you but your address is disabled or something. Thanks!

Helio Correia
08-08-2007, 03:36 PM
I was also negotiating to buy his K6-1 Tour. The negotiations were very shady. I basically had the deal for the racket made when all of sudden he states he has a second frame he wants to sell. I would have gone ahead and bought them but what sent the alarm off with me is his refusal to use PayPal and his insistence on a postal M.O. sent to him before shipping the rackets. When I told him I was not comfortable with that he calls off the deal. It seems to me what he wants is whatever the deal is he wants his half first. Good thing my spider senses were tinging because I would probably be on here complaining about how I got ripped off $269 by htzan15. I hope everybody knows not to send money orders first when making these types of deals. They are just as good as cash and buyers have no recourse once the seller receives and cashes it. PayPal is not perfect but it's probably the best way to do these things.

diredesire
08-08-2007, 03:46 PM
Note: It appears flame kid IS the same guy as bbl/htazn. If you did get an e-mail from flamekid, please make a note of the address. Hondasteve, you may just have the guy's real address.

Hondasteve
08-08-2007, 05:42 PM
I should note that when I checked the delivery status online on USPS's site, I got a "delivery error" and later a delivery confirmation. I wonder if he used a different apartment number and somehow showed up and met the postman with a story or something. Just thinking out loud.

I noticed that there were several "Tran's"-the last name he used in the area and I am wondering if he had me send the package to a close by address and somehow intercepted the package when it arrived.

I will continue to investigate and post any results. Omtkid and anone else that has been ripped by this *****clown, feel free to email me at the address in my profile. I might have to take a drive to Oklahoma City this weekend and do some legwork....

omktid
08-08-2007, 06:38 PM
Hondasteve, I am not able to email you through the profile. I don't see any email address when I click on your profile (how does email through profile work? - your profile says: Hondasteve has no contact information).
I emailed diredesire and you at hotmail and aol. My address o m k t i d @ y a h o o dot com

Hondasteve
08-08-2007, 07:31 PM
You got mail.

mytennis2007
08-09-2007, 11:02 AM
TW: You banned me without giving me a chance to tell you what happened. Someone got into my wifi connection(I didn't put up the encryption yet) and created a new email address. They then used my screen name and their yahoo id to did mess around. My wireless modem used the same ip to give to all the computers that were connected to it. We are not the same person.

Hondasteve: Some rackets were mailed to me but I'm not sure they're yours, please email me at flamekid992000@yahoo.com

omktid: Please send a letter to the address of which you send your rackets too and they will be returned provided the recipient's cooperation.

TW again: There is a security leak in your system that actually give someone the ability to sign up for tons of screen name from the same computer and they would all have the diffrent ip and mac and system number, that makes it impossible for you to tell who is using more than 1 id. The fs/t section would be spammed with ads from non legitimate seller if the security whole is not fixed. I won't tell anyone else about it.

To everyone else who lost something, please email me at the address above since there is a high chance of this id being banned since I went against tw's wishes and created another id without their consent.

I loved this forum but I guess I have to move on. But before that I have to make things right here first. I hope you change your ways when banning someone. Give them a chance to explain what happened.

diredesire
08-09-2007, 12:24 PM
TW: You banned me without giving me a chance to tell you what happened. Someone got into my wifi connection(I didn't put up the encryption yet) and created a new email address. They then used my screen name and their yahoo id to did mess around. My wireless modem used the same ip to give to all the computers that were connected to it. We are not the same person.

Hondasteve: Some rackets were mailed to me but I'm not sure they're yours, please email me at flamekid992000@yahoo.com

omktid: Please send a letter to the address of which you send your rackets too and they will be returned provided the recipient's cooperation.

TW again: There is a security leak in your system that actually give someone the ability to sign up for tons of screen name from the same computer and they would all have the diffrent ip and mac and system number, that makes it impossible for you to tell who is using more than 1 id. The fs/t section would be spammed with ads from non legitimate seller if the security whole is not fixed. I won't tell anyone else about it.

To everyone else who lost something, please email me at the address above since there is a high chance of this id being banned since I went against tw's wishes and created another id without their consent.

I loved this forum but I guess I have to move on. But before that I have to make things right here first. I hope you change your ways when banning someone. Give them a chance to explain what happened.

I'm not "TW," but...

How do you know someone logged on to your wifi? You must be keeping logs of some sort. If you are intelligent enough to enable logging on your router, why not enable encryption at the same time? It just doesn't make sense.

I have received an e-mail that gives some evidence that htazn15 (presumably you) have been scheming a scam for quite some time, so the fact that you have a detailed story is fishy to me. Note: I could be completely wrong about this whole situation, but something about this scam screams extremely fishy to me. The fact that your IP address was assigned by the same location under the same provider AND the IP address is not the same is putting up red flags to me. Most people (assuming you have a similar set up) have a router which has a DNS server, which would mean your IP addresses would be the SAME if one were to indeed log onto your unprotected wifi. This doesn't add up to me.

AFAIK, the yahoo address you posted was also the one registered with.

Another thing that doesn't add up to me is:

Someone logged onto your wifi. OK, I can BELIEVE that much.
How the heck did they know your yahoo ID?

Basically, I read this as: You suspect a hacker with a packet sniffer intercepted your plain text screen name and abused it... or... one of your friends is the culprit. If this is the case, it's not anyone's fault but yours.

OR...
You have a direct connection (if not being the same person) as htazn.

To Hondasteve: I'm glad it seems you're getting your frames back. I am wondering/worried if flamekid is the same person as htazn. I also wonder if he were to use this sending frames randomly across the continent as a cover, and then sending frames to himself in the end and trying to keep them. If this IS the case, it sounds like we're close (thanks to good snooping around on honda steve's part) and the kid is getting scared. I do hope you pursue the suspect either way (by contacting local police in his area).

Response to "TW again:"
This isn't a security fault, per se. The same computer will have the same IP and same provider, and especially the same MAC unless the user were to browse via proxy and/or use a spoofer. I'm not sure where you're getting your information....

It isn't surefire, but there is ways of telling (relatively well) who is logging on using more than one ID, it's a bit of a pain in the butt, though. To be honest, the more I read this post, the more fishy it sounds to me.

For instance: why are you so interested in helping everyone else that has "lost" something? It seems to me that you have no vested interest in this situation besides being banned, and here you are ready to "move on" anyways...

If you do need to contact someone about being banned, there is a link at the bottom right hand corner of the screen.

To all those who were scammed: feel free to contact this guy, but PROCEED WITH CAUTION. Something smells funny to me.

Note: I work in an IT department currently, and some of his story just isn't adding up.

mytennis2007
08-10-2007, 08:44 AM
That was my first time setting up a wireless connection. I didn't know that you could add encryption by going to 192.168.0.1. I had no idea how to manage my network until now.

The person that logged into my wifi might be someone who knows me personally.
Be it an angry friend or a stranger with info on me.

I did use the link at the bottom to contact someone but no response so far.

I want to help because what else could I do? Stay quite and keep hondasteve frames?

note: I'm really surprised you haven't banned this id yet. You banned the other one why not this one? Is it because you want to give me a chance to explain? If so, thank you.

SuperFrogFighter
08-11-2007, 07:01 PM
I do not post often on here but I came across this thread because I am buying a stringer from an individual and wanted to know what sort of people are out there.

I noticed Honda that you said you would do some legwork in OKC, well it just so happens I will be there next weekend for a tennis tourney. I could check some stuff out for you if need be just let me know, only live about an hour away.
This sucks for all involved, maybe I can do a little something to help.

Feel free to email me at don.lynam @ gmail.com

Hondasteve
08-12-2007, 08:22 AM
Thanks for the offer, but my racquets are supposedly on their way back to me as we speak. If the package that I receive on Monday or Tuesday does not contain my babies, then I may get in touch with you after I call the SWAT team and the FBI. ;-)

SuperFrogFighter
08-12-2007, 02:45 PM
Cool glad to hear you might be getting them back, if not I can go knock on some doors, maybe it will turn up something.

One last thing I found weird, since I posted my email on this thread I have a random email form an individual asking if I had some K Tour 90 or 95's.
Just thought it was strange that some random person that admitted to reading this thread would randomly ask if I had the rackets for sale. Maybe I am turning into a conspiracy theorist, or maybe it is the same person hoping I am a complete idiot who knows.

Shashwat
08-12-2007, 04:08 PM
I sent you an email asking if you had any. I was involved in those whole scam thing, you said in your last post that if you had any questions or need hlep in something, you said to email you and you provided your email. I want to buy some K90s or 95s.

It's nothing strange.

omktid
08-12-2007, 04:27 PM
I was able to trace the person living at the address and have been successful in getting my racquet's back. Hondasteve, hope you get your racquets back as well. If the buyer does not have references, folks don't _ever_ send your racquet's unless you have received a payment.... I learned my lesson the hard way.

Hidious
08-12-2007, 04:45 PM
So who sent you guys racquets back? The scammer feeling guilty and getting scared or someone that did not know they were receiving "stolen" racquets and that were nice enought to send them back?

Hondasteve
08-13-2007, 04:47 PM
Well, I finally got my racquets back today. I am relieved to not be a victim anymore, but as has been mentioned before, be sure when dealing with anyone on the internet that you protect yourself and follow sound guidelines of internet trading as outlined in the sticky post.

I am still pursuing legal action against this scammer because he apparently has not learned his lesson yet and I do not want to see this happen to anyone else.

My thanks to the moderators and other members that assisted me in this endeavor.

tennisadd1ct
01-20-2008, 11:43 AM
Thanks for notifying me...:)

dugup46
04-02-2008, 07:48 PM
I know I am new to these forums, but I have already made a purchase off TheRed and it went great. I'm no expert in online purchasing with strangers but I thought I would use this topic to put out a few guidelines for people so that this does not happen again to anyone.

1) Use Paypal! - Paypal offers up to $5,000 (may be a little less) buyer protection. If the user doesn't have Paypal, the user doesn't get my money - that simple and no questions asked.

2) Ask for references or check the "References" area of the forums. After doing a quick search I found a few people say TheRed was dependable and honest. You can see the few people who took this step - did not end up making the deal.

3) If a deal sounds too good to be true - it probably is. When you are looking at a $200 for $75 shipped in a 9.5 condition, something is up.

4) Make sure you have a stable source of communication with the seller before sending out your racquets/money. Ask for a lower price, something "not expected" and check the response - if something fishy is up this will give it away.

5) NEVER EVER give bank routing information or do a wire transfer to anyone.

I'm not trying to talk anyone down here - I'm just trying to give helpful pointers to people who may be new to this or has never done it. Paypal is probably the safest step you can take in assuring a quality deal with someone. I hope this helps clear up a few things that people may not know or not think of doing.

dcd1988
06-11-2008, 11:38 PM
hey all i neber had to do with him but who ever has his address email me because i live in st.louis missouri and apparently he does also and I will meet him and try to find out more

email me at dcdelcau@gmail.com and i will try to help

Kaptain Karl
06-12-2008, 05:01 AM
dcd - What branch of Law Enforcement do you represent?

(My point is, you should stay out of this for your own good ... unless you are a Cop.)

- KK

tennislover33
07-15-2008, 12:27 PM
1) Use Paypal! - Paypal offers up to $5,000 (may be a little less) buyer protection. If the user doesn't have Paypal, the user doesn't get my money - that simple and no questions asked.

I totally agree with using Paypal for all trading transactions. Paypal is NOT a great service except charging us $$$$$ but at least you can claim your money back in case we have to deal with some bad guys out there.

tennistomcat
09-28-2008, 03:51 PM
I think someone mentioned it earlier somewhere else but can't you get left out in the cold with paypal too? If they withdraw all the money out immediately from their paypal account, you won't be able to get your money back if you paid them? is that correct? If so, using paypal gives you some degree of security but it isn't fool proof right?

OroDeSantoro
02-16-2009, 02:38 PM
I think someone mentioned it earlier somewhere else but can't you get left out in the cold with paypal too? If they withdraw all the money out immediately from their paypal account, you won't be able to get your money back if you paid them? is that correct? If so, using paypal gives you some degree of security but it isn't fool proof right?

Correctamundo, also never end a paypal claim until you get the goods back. It's a common technique for scammers to have you end the claim so they can supposedly use their paypal account to buy a shipping label (for example). The thing is, once you close a paypal claim you can't reopen it again. I've had friends that have been tricked this way...

OroDeSantoro
02-16-2009, 02:51 PM
By the way, you guys are goooooood. These stickies are incredible reads and even more incredible scam deterrants. The world will be a better (yet less entertaining :)) place without these people.

TsongaEatingAPineappleLol
07-06-2009, 09:14 PM
Well, I guess we all learned our lesson.

Moral: Always, always buy your racquets from Jimlol. ALWAYS.

Azzurri
07-29-2009, 05:34 PM
Hi mate, mind explaining why you did what you did to me?

Idiot.

MODS! This is a banned user named MAXIMO. I have his emails that he sent me and his email is linked to a former member named MAXIMO. Here is the email...I did a search and it came up in this thread (near page 6).

maxime007@hotmail.co.uk

Bud
07-29-2009, 05:40 PM
Hi mate, mind explaining why you did what you did to me?

Idiot.

MODS! This is a banned user named MAXIMO. I have his emails that he sent me and his email is linked to a former member named MAXIMO. Here is the email...I did a search and it came up in this thread (near page 6).

maxime007@hotmail.co.uk

Busted! :oops:

Fearsome Forehand
10-25-2009, 11:45 AM
Wow. This is a strange case.

1) I'm amazed people would comply with the scammer's terms.

I googled around a bit on htazn15. Evidently, the culprit is a vietnamese kid, now about 18 to 20 years old.

There was also someone by the same name (Hieu Tran) kicked out of Norcal USTA for five years. He was been part of that San Jose Backesto team with all the problems with ringers at the Nationals in Hawaii.

HondaSteve and omktid, from your posts it seems you figured out who this person is. Please post his name and address so others are warned. He is probably still here under a different user name and the email he was using was obviously a throw away.

DarknessEric
10-09-2011, 08:30 AM
This guy is a scammer. Deal with him before. Never replies email.