PDA

View Full Version : How to put on a Head Calfskin Leather Grip???

bossass
08-06-2007, 11:05 PM
So I managed to dig up some Head Calfskin grips, new, for my Prestige Pro's I bought gripless. They came with no sort of backing. I'm used to seeing a sticky strip on the underside of the grip when I've unwrapped them in the past. Do I need to apply some kind of double sided tape under these when I install them?

babolatpdtp
08-06-2007, 11:10 PM
If there was no sticky stuff underneath, you really should add on some double sided tape. WIthout it, the grip will most likely slip when you are trying to put it on. As expensive as leather grips are, might as well make sure it goes on perfectly.

knasty131
08-06-2007, 11:45 PM
ive seen many stapled...you might try that to start

my question is...can i get some?!!? lol

Duzza
08-07-2007, 12:01 AM
Yeah I staple them on. Just using a household stapler does the job. Just make sure the staples is very low down!

bossass
08-07-2007, 12:07 AM
So staples, but no double sided tape?

Duzza
08-07-2007, 12:39 AM
Never used double sided tape, just one staple did the trick. The key was to pull quite firm and get it right. So take your time!

Michelangelo
08-07-2007, 06:08 AM
I can actually (re)wrap very old replacement grip whose backing adhesive is nearly gone without any problem, it will not come off as long as the finishing tape at the end is done well. However, the job will always be done much easier if you have good backing. So you'd like to apply some double-side tape onto the back of the grip before you wrap it around the handle.

Cruzer
08-07-2007, 11:58 AM
I never use staples when putting on leather grips. If the grip does not have adhesive backing I use double sided tape and it always works very well.

User Name
08-07-2007, 03:00 PM
Just wrap tight with a little double sided tape