PDA

View Full Version : Same strings for life or...

Marc C.
10-19-2004, 02:13 PM
Why just one year ago I was using gamme synthetic gut 17. Then I switched to Wilson stamina, then to gosen polyon ice, then to polyon ice with synthetic gut in the crosses, then to polyon with tnt in the crosses, then with live wire in the crosses, then to psg duraflex 17, then to kirschbaum super smash, and now trying gamma tnt fusion 19.

My question to you is, in the last year how many different types of string have you used on a consistent basis, (not just testing)?

Richie Rich
10-19-2004, 02:48 PM
I use whatever I have laying around. In the past year I have used:
Luxilon ALU power
Luxilon TiMo
Wilson syn gut extreme
Kirschbaum honey 17
Kirschbaum Touch Turbo 17
Tecnifibre NRG
Head Intellitour
Tecnifibre Promix
Babolat Syntronic Brio
Wilson Sensation/NXT
Isospeed Control

Thinking I don't like poly's that much (they are ok) and that I prefer a crisp multi that holds tension.

ibemadskillzz
10-19-2004, 03:07 PM
Marc, how was Live wire in the crosses? Is it better to put it in the mains?

moosryan
10-19-2004, 03:11 PM
which multi did you like best?

Marc C.
10-20-2004, 02:16 AM
I put the live wire in the crosses because it was sitting around my house. It played great, but frayed terribly, not breaking, after about 4 sets. I had one cross, that was about a centimeter wide because all the filaments were just resting on the main. I wouldn't put the live wire in the mains because I am really looking for durability.

10s99
10-20-2004, 05:53 AM
i've probably tried 4-5 strings this year including a few pollys but . . . i too seem to always come back to good multi's.