PDA

View Full Version : Head Rip Controol

predrag
10-20-2004, 07:15 AM
I have strung for a customer with this one. Racquet is Ti Radical OS.

He complains that string moves too much.

I this the case with Rip Control?

I used this string once, 3 years ago, and do not remember that being the case.

Regards, Predrag

Kick Serve
10-20-2004, 07:41 AM
Yeah, I experienced a lot of string movement with this string. Of course, I hit with heavy topspin so most strings do move on me. It's a great string, but I've gotten better results with a lot less string movement out of Tecnifibre Promix.

predrag
10-20-2004, 07:46 AM
Yeah, I experienced a lot of string movement with this string. Of course, I hit with heavy topspin so most strings do move on me. It's a great string, but I've gotten better results with a lot less string movement out of Tecnifibre Promix.

Yeah, this guy hits with a lot of spin.
That string seems to be very slick, Head logo worn off after only few times he played.

Thanks.

Regards, Predrag

tennisboy87
10-20-2004, 03:01 PM
predrag,

Sorry to post something not related to this post, but hopefully you could please answer me? I heard you talking about a Head package in another forum. What is in this package? Is it just for coaches? Any info on it would be greatly appreciated.

David Pavlich
10-20-2004, 03:24 PM
A lot depends on tension and string pattern, but mostly to the fact that hitting with a lot of spin will cause many strings to move.

An open string pattern such as a POG MP is a very open string pattern and very conducive to movement whereas a Ti/i/LM Radical MP has a dense string pattern and is less conducive to movement.

Rip Control has a slick coating because of the type of filament in which it is made so that also contributes to its movement.

David

predrag
10-21-2004, 07:42 AM
predrag,

sorry to post something not related to this post. but hopefully you could please answer me. i heard you talking about a head package in another forum. what is in this package? is it just for coaches? any info on it would be greatly appreciated.

Yes, I am PTR certified.
Once you join the organization (I think the same deal is for USTA, as well) you are offered various deals.

If you need any additional info, shoot me an email.

Regards, Predrag

tennisboy87
10-21-2004, 02:06 PM
Thanks (10 characters).