PDA

View Full Version : swedechris is BAD BAD news! chris osterberg (chrisofoto@yahoo.com)

In D Zone
08-08-2007, 01:20 PM
UPDATED: Aug 09, 2007
Recanting my claim - giving SWEDECHRIS another chance!

XXXXXXXXXX
This is the second transaction he did with me - negotiate and agreed on the price, shipping and payment.

The guy then just disappear!

vkartikv
08-08-2007, 01:23 PM
Actually he has been pretty good lately. Sold him a couple of racquets over the last year or so and he has kept his word each time. I believe frekcles, a fellow poster can vouch for him as well. Be it Swedechris or anyone else, don't assume the racquet sold until payment is made. I think chris himself is aware of this and won't take offense if you sell your racquet on the side when you are in the process of negotiating with him...BTW, it is really not necessary to use bold fonts to get your point through.

In D Zone
08-08-2007, 01:33 PM
Whatever your dealing with Swedechris is your business.

This is my post and i know what went down .... twice!

Don't need you to school me on using fonts; its available for a reason.

czech09
08-08-2007, 02:01 PM
Mmm...so no $ changed hands? No items were shipped? If so I don't see anything wrong with what he did - legally it's a contract once you agree to a price (ex. I will buy the racquet from you for $99.99 shipped). However, realistically people flake out all the time (especially on deals online where there's a greater sense of anonymity). Any reasonable trader would come to expect this. I don't consider anything sold until I receive the $ for it. This is when it truly becomes a contract by common sense/online means. Relist your item and delete this thread. Although flaky people suck, he's not a bad trader unless he stole your $ or the item(s).

AgassiGuy23
08-08-2007, 02:04 PM
Seriously Zone... calm down. He didn't take your money or send you some bogus frames. SWEDECHRIS has done nothing wrong and as far as I'm concerned Zone- your the one who looks bad here.

gamerx52986
08-08-2007, 02:17 PM
I've had people ask about the price and then where to send the payment when I was selling my racquets earlier this month. Gave one person my Paypal account info and I saw nothing for 2 weeks. I'm sorry but if you don't have the funds then dont negitiate a price and get the shipping information from someone at least in my case. I dont consider anything a done deal until I see money in my account. Though if somebody says a price and I give the information, I dont still let other people make offers. I tell them the merchandise has been sold. If nothing shows up within 3 days, then I start advertising again.

Richie Rich
08-08-2007, 02:43 PM
swedechris has done this before and in d zone has every right to be upset.

diehard6.0
08-08-2007, 02:48 PM
Time is money.
Time is a scarce thing like money.
Taking out someone's time is taking out his money.

I think D-Zone's report is fully warranted, especially when it is about an incorrigible person who feels no qualms at his bad conduct.

In D Zone
08-08-2007, 07:15 PM
SWEDECHRIS led me on .... Having an experinced with him on the first failed transaction (no show), I thought I gave the guy another try when he inquired on another racquet I was selling. I gave him a deadline that he need to close the deal with a payment via Paypal or commit to send me a check within 2 days. Swedechris agreed with the deal and payment via Paypal ...4 days passed the rest is history.

On the 5th day, he replied with his same old excuse.

Thanks Guys - just got to vent!

frekcles
08-08-2007, 09:18 PM
Actually he has been pretty good lately. Sold him a couple of racquets over the last year or so and he has kept his word each time. I believe frekcles, a fellow poster can vouch for him as well. Be it Swedechris or anyone else, don't assume the racquet sold until payment is made. I think chris himself is aware of this and won't take offense if you sell your racquet on the side when you are in the process of negotiating with him...BTW, it is really not necessary to use bold fonts to get your point through.

I sold him an nBlade a few months back and he came through. He pays for the racquet but asks you to mail it to someone who will in turn ship it to him (he's overseas). Hope that helps.:D

In D Zone
08-09-2007, 10:00 AM
SWEDECHRIS stepped up to the plate and offered his apologies!

Here is my message to him:
You need to explain your situation up front in the first place rather than hit me up with emails, made and accepted offers without explaining your situation. If you are oversea, travelling or have limited email access - you need to mention it and not wait. It's causes confusion and mistrust - internet trade is consumated with trust, integrity and communication. There is no person to person meeting here, therefore your word is weighted like gold!

I have traded and sold racquets and other items between Europe and Asia and have not had any issue .... as long as you communicate. I normally am very flexilbe and will try to work with you.

Apology accepted! I'll try to undo the messages in TW and give you another break!
Hope you'll do betta the next go around ......

and 'Thanks' for stepping up to the plate!