PDA

View Full Version : learning how to do a kickserve

iradical18
03-16-2004, 09:03 PM
Hi guys, this is my first post but i've read a lot and you guys seem to give good advice, so im hoping you'll be able to give me some tips on how to do a kickserve for my 2nd serve. Right now my 2nd serve is just a slower version of my first serve which is flat and all power. Its way too predictable so I'd like to have a little varation in my service games. Thanks for any help you can offer.

I currently use a Head I.radical MP, 66 tension, wilson gut strings.

Cypo
03-17-2004, 03:57 AM
Search for a topic call 'easiest way to learn kick serve'

Eric Matuszewski
03-17-2004, 01:57 PM
Also Search keywords "Topspin serve" for some extra info. Plenty has been written about this. There's a thread below (new board) with some helpfull info and links as well. It's a very popular topic.
Best Wishes,
Eric Matuszewski

Will
03-18-2004, 01:19 AM
Im told it is to do with where you hit the ball. 11 o clock for kick 12 O clock for flat and 1 o clock for slice

Stitch626
03-18-2004, 05:38 AM
I dont think you can hit a kick serve at 11 o'clock.... plus a kicker is more of a brushing motion anyway....

Thunnus
03-18-2004, 10:13 AM
Here are some things that may help you:

1. Get the sensation of contact and brusing the ball down first . That is, you should be able to throw the ball behind your head and blush the ball into the service box without swinging fast or using elaborate serve motion. Starting on the ad court may help you.

2. Stay relaxed and be smooth. You want to be able to swing fast while being relaxed.

3. Toss into the court and really "kick" foward with your legs vs. letting your body fall the left (assumping you are a righty).

4. Finish the swing by compleleting the followthrough.