PDA

View Full Version : CORIA VS AGASSI WHO WILL WIN

robbie_dademo
03-16-2004, 09:19 PM
what a match this will be, agassi had the better of him at US OPEN 2003. but agassi is getting older. i am tipping agassi in 3 in match of tornament

Anonymous
03-17-2004, 03:35 AM
After the scare against Youzhny, Agassi will come out focused and determined. The courts are playing slower, more like Miami, and that will help Andre as will the heat. Coria is just not a good enough hard-court player yet. Agassi crusheds Guillermo 6-2, 6-2.

Bertchel Banks
03-17-2004, 03:40 AM
>Coria is just not a good enough hard-court player yet

Let's not make such bold statements. Should be a tough test fr or Andre. Hope he stays away from the backhand.

baseliner
03-17-2004, 03:42 AM
Agassi. He's better on hard courts than Coria and he appears focussed. Should be straight sets.

irishbanger
03-17-2004, 05:19 AM
Agassi in close three setter.

@wright
03-17-2004, 06:43 AM
If Coria is playing decent it should be a great one.When is it on?

Feņa14
03-17-2004, 07:00 AM
I'm going for Coria, tight first set with Coria beating Agassi in the second.

7-5, 6-2

Liam

jburton
03-17-2004, 07:23 AM
Although Coria does have an impressive grand slam victory over Agassi, he hasn't taken a set from Agassi in 3 hardcourt matches..Agassi in straights

chad shaver
03-17-2004, 07:25 AM
I'm predicting a lot of forehand to forehand rallies, with Agassi getting the best of it. Coria's wheels are scary, though. Only way Agassi can go backhand to backhand will be off a cross-court forehand to pull Coria off the court. Even then, he'll have to be quick to cover Coria's down the line backhand.

I think Agassi should be able to pull this one out, but it will probably be tight. I'm thinking 7-6;6-4.

Greg
03-17-2004, 08:04 AM
I'm picking Coria, for some strange reason.

I must be a smacktard.

Fat Boy
03-17-2004, 12:18 PM
What happened to that story about Coria testing positive for nandrolone again?

I think I'll start another rumour. I heard from a guy who is very high up in the French tennis federation that Mauresmo is biologically a man.

You heard it here first. Martina Hingis was actually only 50% correct in her allegation that Amelie was "half a man".

@wright
03-17-2004, 12:37 PM
What's a smacktard? It sounds kinda funny.

chad shaver
03-17-2004, 01:32 PM
Let's start another rumor: Fat Boy is actually a turnip impersonating a person.

Vlad
03-17-2004, 02:42 PM
Coria will take him out. In 3 Matches that they played on hard, Coria was injured in 2 of them. The other time he just started playing on tour. I think it will be close but will get the best of Agassi who is not at his best clearly.

jings
03-17-2004, 04:45 PM
Slight digression, and no slanted reference to this nandralone rumour, but watching Coria against Grosjean, Coria seemed way taller than I remebered him ... this was in a bar, so possibly the magic amber fluid was already working better than I had planned.

sarpmas
03-17-2004, 07:14 PM
AA is usually a very strong starter. My guess is AA will win in straights, with the 1st set rather quickly (6-2) and a tight 2nd set (7-5).

PureCarlosMoyaDrive
03-17-2004, 08:36 PM
Coria wins it. My coach said that he watch Coria practice this week, and he was so insanely good off the ground, even on hardcourt. I say like Liam, that Coria wins a right first set, maybe a tie-break, then runs away sort of in the second. He'll just get into a rhythm, and blow Agassi away. If he loses the first set, I still see him to come back. Schuettler did it in Toronto, Coria can easily do it here.

SonicSpeed
03-18-2004, 01:04 AM
I'd say Agassi in 2 or 3...most likely 2.

Bertchel Banks
03-18-2004, 05:49 AM
>Coria wins it. - PCMD

Naturally

>I think I'll start another rumour. I heard from a guy who is very high up in the French tennis federation that Mauresmo is biologically a man.

What was the first? Don't you remember the short-shorts, where did she put...

>Let's start another rumor: Fat Boy is actually a turnip impersonating a person.

LOL

Ariel
03-18-2004, 07:50 AM
Coria seemed way taller than I remebered him

THAT is funny, he may take nandrolone, but you have to check your poison.

Fat Boy
03-18-2004, 11:26 AM
Bertchel, it's possible to strap your johnson to your your leg so it's invisible even with very tight pants.

There was a TV programme where guys were competing to get to get up close and physical with this hot dame.

The catch was they didn't realise that SHE was a HE, even though she was wearing a swimsuit most of the time.

@wright
03-18-2004, 11:39 AM
That's the worst case of hemorroids I've EVER seen!

PureCarlosMoyaDrive
03-18-2004, 06:29 PM
So far it's been pretty much toe-to-toe. 4-3 Coria first set. Traded breaks to love each time, but I think Coria is playing better right now. He's INSANELY FAST, and his groundies (specially that beauty backhand) is great.

chad shaver
03-18-2004, 07:32 PM
Well, I was close with my set scores....Good match from both players.

PureCarlosMoyaDrive
03-18-2004, 07:38 PM
Ya, but I wanted Coria to win. He could have, but Agassi played tougher at the end of sets.

Still though, I love Coria's game a lot more, he's insane. I really think that he truly believes that he can actually run down any ball someone hits, and he basically proves it. Some of those gets are CRAZY!! Coria needs to work on his rally forehand though. Too much spin, not enough power, short. Just doesn't really do enough with it. His backhand though, that is one of the best in the business.

Free_Martha
03-19-2004, 10:20 AM
I'm picking Coria, for some strange reason.

I must be a smacktard.

You called it. :twisted:

And it's funny you all think that, just because Agassi is an ancient 34, that all his matches will go to a struggling three sets.

He whipped Coria in two. There's reason he's a tennis legend, you know.

@wright
03-19-2004, 11:07 AM
You smacktard! Agassi's angles and power on his groundies last night were amazing, Coria just couldn't keep up.

Nosoupforyou
03-20-2004, 09:14 AM
Coria's wheels don't bother Agassi, he likes making people run, he loved playing Michael Chang because he was a retriever, Coria plays right into Agassi's game, he is similar to Agassi in some aspects, but Agassi hits a lot harder and flatter

Greg
03-20-2004, 09:18 AM
You smacktard! Agassi's angles and power on his groundies last night were amazing, Coria just couldn't keep up.

Oh no! I have the IQ of a piece of broccoli!