PDA

View Full Version : Any feedback about Unique Big Hitter 16g and 17g?

spinbalz
10-20-2004, 03:41 PM
What do you think of it? How does it compete against strings in the same category (Luxilon BB-Alu, Baboalt Pro Hurricane, Klip K-Boom...)?

counterpunch
10-20-2004, 03:48 PM
Big Hitter is exactly like Alu in almost every way. Doesn't move at all and has great control. Saves a little money too. I highly reccomend it.

spinbalz
10-20-2004, 03:59 PM
Does it keep its playing qualities and stay playable for a longer period, a less long period, or the same as BB Alu?

counterpunch
10-20-2004, 06:06 PM
It retains all of its good qualities just like Alu. Durability has not been an issue. Seriously, it pretty much is Alu with a different brand and cheaper price.

Jerry Seinfeld
10-20-2004, 07:32 PM
I have made several posts in regard to Big Hitter in this forum. A great value for poly composite users...IMO. Here's a link to one of the threads...note it contains a link to another thread as well.

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/viewtopic.php?p=100404&highlight=unique+hitter#100 404

When I playtested, I found that the Unique string was a little more forgiving, less stiff, than the ALU. If I were in a blind test I would likely not be able to distiguish between it and Hurricane. In my world it played almost exactly like Hurricane. The difference is it is rated higher in durability and resistance to movement.

While Big Hitter is a low cost clone of some of the big name poly composites, Laserfibre's Kryptonite is a competitor that brings more playability to the table. It has many of the desireable qualities of the ALU and other big names, but it is not nearly as harsh and it actually retains tension and more importantly, PLAYABILITY, surprisingly well by poly standards. There are also a few posts on this string if you do a search. IMO it is the best poly I have personally playtested to date.