PDA

View Full Version : Which suits my style better? Wilson nBlade or Wilson nPro Open ?

goforgold99
08-11-2007, 02:33 PM
Hi,

i'm torn between the nBlade (98 sq. in) (http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpage.html?PCODE=NBLD) and the nPro Open (http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpage.html?PCODE=NPOX).

My playing style:
-like to switch between eastern and semi-western forehand, but prefer semi-western
- one-handed Backhand
-I'm 6' 5'' (195cm) and 203 lbs (92kg), above average strength I would say
-like to play all-court, but more from baseline
-play with moderate spin

Could you suggest from this info which racquet would be better suited?

If not could you categorize both racquets into a playing style?

I demoed both of them today, but I can't decide.
I guess I played too long with the nPro Open and as I switched to the nBlade, time was almost over and then already the next players came that had booked the court.

But I definitely liked them both. The nPro Open felt a litte more foregiving, but also a little too powerful. The nBlade felt less foregiving but also better control and not so much power.

Thx guys!

Gantz
08-11-2007, 02:47 PM
the nblade is supposed to be more comfortable, but whatever works for you. the nblade is more of a control stick while the npro is more for topspin. from your requirements sounds like the nblade is for you.

SFrazeur
08-11-2007, 02:51 PM
Demo them more, it sounds like you are not sure what you want from a stick entirely. They are very different racquets.

-SF

goforgold99
08-11-2007, 03:00 PM
Demo them more, it sounds like you are not sure what you want from a stick entirely. They are very different racquets.

-SF
Yeah, I'll try to get to the court tomorrow again..

Could you characterise both racquets or put them into a category of suited playing styles?

I got the feeling the nPro Open is more for S&V players, but it definitely felt good for groundstrokes also..

SFrazeur
08-11-2007, 03:16 PM
I would going more with how your strokes work. If you have long strokes I would suggest going with the nBlade, it has less power. If your stokes are compact, the nPro Open. Once again they are very different racquets with different qualities, consider the qualities and decide with ones suite your needs better. I think if you play with them both more you will be able to make the choice easily. If you do what I have suggest and still cannot decide, then you're stuck with the problem of settling, which means they are both not right for you at this time.

-SF

JMS
08-11-2007, 03:19 PM
sounds like the nBlade is better for u

goforgold99
08-11-2007, 03:42 PM
I would going more with how your strokes work. If you have long strokes I would suggest going with the nBlade, it has less power. If your stokes are compact, the nPro Open. Once again they are very different racquets with different qualities, consider the qualities and decide with ones suite your needs better. I think if you play with them both more you will be able to make the choice easily. If you do what I have suggest and still cannot decide, then you're stuck with the problem of settling, which means they are both not right for you at this time.

-SF
Thx for answering! I have long strokes. The nBlade felt great, but I didn't play with it long enough, so I couldn't really get a feel. I'll play tomorrow again, hope that'll settle it for me

goforgold99
08-12-2007, 06:02 AM
So I played again today and I decided to take the nBlade, 'cause I get much more control with it compared to the nPro Open.

One thing that worries me though is that I heared the nBlades would break pretty fast in the throat area, and I definitely want to use that frame for a longer period of time (several years).

I created a new thread for this topic: http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?p=1658814#post1658814

would be great if anyone could comment on that

KOtennis
08-13-2007, 05:38 PM
i tried both, like the nBlade a lot more.
nPro was just too powerful for me.