PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for elbow friendly rackets

Bronc10is
08-11-2007, 04:27 PM
My uncle/high school coach has pretty bad tennis elbow but he has taken my head ti. radical and it has allowed him to play pain free, but they dont make them anymore and he wants a 2nd racket...what are some elbow friendly rackets that are similar to the ti. radical?

Jonny S&V
08-11-2007, 04:33 PM
My uncle/high school coach has pretty bad tennis elbow but he has taken my head ti. radical and it has allowed him to play pain free, but they dont make them anymore and he wants a 2nd racket...what are some elbow friendly rackets that are similar to the ti. radical?

Prince TT Warrior is very arm friendly. Which does your coach use, the OS or the MP? The newer versions of the Radical are very similar to the TI, pretty sure they offer the same comfort.

Bronc10is
08-11-2007, 04:38 PM
he uses the MP..he is a serve and volleyer who is all about touch at the net, kick serve on 1st and 2nd, one handed backhand that he mostly slices...so maybe that little insight gives you some ideas.

Bud
08-11-2007, 05:00 PM
POG OS strung with natural gut.

Jonny S&V
08-11-2007, 05:03 PM
POG OS strung with natural gut.

If your coach doesn't mind the weight of the racquet and the weight of the strings price, then I would go with Bud. However, if he doesn't want to spend this kind of money, going on your coach's playing style, PSGD 16g or 17g are both really good at all things, 16 being more controlling and 17 being more powerful.

anirut
08-11-2007, 07:19 PM
If he happens to like the dense pattern of the Ti Rad AND a flexy comfy racket, I'd suggest these three:

- PK Redondo MP
- Dunlop AeroGel 200 (or other 200 series)
- Wilson nBlade

If you want more info on the Redondo you can check the link in my signature.

The Dunlop 200 series is also very nice. I have no direct experience with the nBlade though, but having read the discussions here, I should think it's also one sweet stick.

BTW, I forgot, how about giving the TW exclusive "Donnay Pro One Intl" a look? It sure looks like one sweet, comfy racket.

Steve Huff
08-11-2007, 10:04 PM
When you're looking at rackets, just make sure they are standard length (27") and not stiff (RA less than around 68-70). Make sure he gets a large enough grip too. A small grip can lead to TE. Finally, avoid the trend toward polyester strings, and don't even think about Kevlar or Aramid strings. Stay with multifiliment strings or natural gut. Yes, they cost a little more, but it's a small price to pay.

Bronc10is
08-11-2007, 11:24 PM
Thanks, I will give him the list of rackets as well as the string suggestions.

onkystomper
08-12-2007, 03:46 PM
m speed 98

haerdalis
08-12-2007, 04:26 PM
I had a bad case of TE 8 years ago after playing with a super stiff racquet alot. Since then it has always been sensitive but when I play with the Kneissl Black star i can even string a kevlar poly hybrid and feel nothing. A very comfortable racquet that also plays expremely well.

gjoc
08-12-2007, 05:06 PM
What about the new one, the Head MicroGel Radical MidPlus (http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpageRCHEAD-HMGRAD.html)?

JW10S
08-12-2007, 05:15 PM
HEAD Protector---designed specifically for this.