PDA

View Full Version : How do you "display" or store your racquets?

dunloplayah
08-11-2007, 06:44 PM
Now that i'm getting a little collection of frames, I've got a few hung on the walls of my home tennis gym/stringing room, but these are frames I don't really play but are for decoration (i.e. old wooden, my first wilson that i let girlfriends play, etc.)

But what about the three or four frames you use on tournaments? while during weekly play i really only use about 2, do you store them in your tourny bag? individual bags? have them displayed or hung on the wall retail style? or are they always all in use?

I'm currently using 3 M-Fil 300s but i also use one of my Mcenroe maxplys (i have 4 total). The mfils are in my tourny bag, only one of the mcenroes is out so i can grab and go, theothers are in a closet. is this better for their life? If I hung them all on the wall "retail" style, would this be bad for them? Stupid? poser?

soggyramen
08-11-2007, 07:21 PM
i have 3 of the same racquet always strung and ready while i have 2 or three others unstrung just in case but the primary three are for my tournaments.

so i really have 5 pure storm tours and 6 PD cortex racquets

soggyramen
08-11-2007, 07:23 PM
i have 3 of the same racquet always strung and ready while i have 2 or three others unstrung just in case but the primary three are for my tournaments.

when i'm playing tournaments though during the early spring and late fall i string my racquets with VS in the crosses and Isospeed control in the mains and store them in plastic covers in a climate controlled room

dunloplayah
08-11-2007, 07:28 PM
What do the plastic covers do? I know I see them at the slams on tv like that but never knew what it was really for.

Does anyone "display" them? or are they just lying around, leaning in a corner? what?

dunloplayah
08-11-2007, 07:30 PM

I like that idea...to have a couple unstrung at the ready. as I string my own, that would make it much quicker between getting back from a tourny and then starting my practice matches, then league that week!

soggyramen
08-11-2007, 07:35 PM
I like that idea...to have a couple unstrung at the ready. as I string my own, that would make it much quicker between getting back from a tourny and then starting my practice matches, then league that week!

it's always good to swap them out forgot to mention that too once i get my last storm this week after the late fall i'll swap out the first 3 storms for the ones that are unstrung for practice and then swap them again in the spring for the others so that way they're not sitting there doing nothing and that some of them don't take all the abuse at one time

soggyramen
08-11-2007, 07:38 PM
What do the plastic covers do? I know I see them at the slams on tv like that but never knew what it was really for.

Does anyone "display" them? or are they just lying around, leaning in a corner? what?

it protects my racquets against any cold but still keeps the natural gut at a decent temperature. i think for pros that don't use natural gut i would think so that way the racquets won't rub on each other in the bags when they're walking with it. if gotten a few paint scrapes from that.

dunloplayah
08-11-2007, 07:39 PM
i'm actually starting to number all my equipment now that i'm getting duplicates of everything. Shoes and racquets. that way they can get evenly used.

dunloplayah
08-11-2007, 07:46 PM
I didn't think about the nat gut. i haven't starting using that yet. i'll keep that in mind.

soggyramen
08-11-2007, 07:55 PM
I didn't think about the nat gut. i haven't starting using that yet. i'll keep that in mind.

great for durability in hybrid can be expensive in full sets but in poly hybrids it can be really cost efficient at least for me. before i'd have to play 5 matches at most for my ALU to die down and the hybrid could last for 6-8 for me.