PDA

View Full Version : Where is the Sweet Spot of RDS 003

Tscott415
08-11-2007, 06:44 PM
I have bought an 003 and played with it but cant find the sweet spot, i am going to add lead tape to it but my question is where is the sweet spot....like high low or middle of the racket

noobplayer
08-11-2007, 07:05 PM
uhh wat tension do u have it strung at and wat string? maybe u using a poly at a really high tension? the rds003 has a pretty big sweetspot, i shouldnt say pretty big but bigger than the one on my nps, u shouldnt have any trouble hitting the sweetspot? wat lvl are you? maybe its too advanced for you?

coolblue123
08-11-2007, 07:13 PM
TScott:

I am playing with a 003 as well. It's a really nice racquet! The sweetspot is as big as Texas... But the sweet spot is more towards the upper half of the racquet due to the Isometric frame + throat design. Poly strings & tension do make a difference in the muted feel of the racquet.

I heard alot of ppl lead taping the 003. I found the racquet heavy enough for it's arm friendly characteristics. It's a really a nice stick, and has plenty of power and control. (often more power than control)...

snoflewis
08-11-2007, 10:24 PM
TScott:

I am playing with a 003 as well. It's a really nice racquet! The sweetspot is as big as Texas... But the sweet spot is more towards the upper half of the racquet due to the Isometric frame + throat design. Poly strings & tension do make a difference in the muted feel of the racquet.

i definitely agree....my rackets are all 12+ oz but when i hit w/ the rds003... ididnt have a problem w/ it stock...but im not a big fan of lead anyhow.

VS_Power
08-11-2007, 10:26 PM
felt like the dead center of the racket when i used it today

Tscott415
08-12-2007, 06:54 AM
uhh wat tension do u have it strung at and wat string? maybe u using a poly at a really high tension? the rds003 has a pretty big sweetspot, i shouldnt say pretty big but bigger than the one on my nps, u shouldnt have any trouble hitting the sweetspot? wat lvl are you? maybe its too advanced for you?

i have it strung with Head Fibergel Power 17 string, and the tension is 58

Tscott415
08-12-2007, 06:57 AM
I forgot to say im a 3.5-4.0 player but i have always struggled with Yonex sweet spots, im probablly still getting use to the racket itself because i have not played with it for that long and i am switching from a lighter frame. I would not be suprised if i am just adjusting to the racket more than not hitting the sweet spot

sharp*shooter
08-12-2007, 01:04 PM
The whole racket face feels like a sweetspot to me!! No seriously it is very forgiving you will find it soon enough.

dunlopfan
08-12-2007, 04:18 PM
The whole racket face feels like a sweetspot to me!! No seriously it is very forgiving you will find it soon enough.

Absolutely! I bought the Yonex because I found the sweet spot on basically every shot. Yes I may have missed it a few times, but unlike the M-Fil 300, it is stable on off-center hits. (PS: I string with Gamma Asterisk Spin.)

czech09
08-12-2007, 06:27 PM
I forgot to say im a 3.5-4.0 player but i have always struggled with Yonex sweet spots, im probablly still getting use to the racket itself because i have not played with it for that long and i am switching from a lighter frame. I would not be suprised if i am just adjusting to the racket more than not hitting the sweet spot

You'll get used to it. I was having difficulties two the first two sessions I hit with it. Going from an M-Fil 300 where the sweet spot is in a more traditional lower position the Yonex one is more in the center. Hit with it a bit more and you'll get a hang of it. It's not a bad racquet!

alm
08-13-2007, 02:12 AM
I have bought an 003 and played with it but cant find the sweet spot, i am going to add lead tape to it but my question is where is the sweet spot....like high low or middle of the racket
I recently switched to the RDS003 and had to hit with it for a week before I fell in love with it. :-)

Remember that itís 0.25Ē longer in length than most frames and the Ďisometricí head-shape will extend the sweet-spot further up the hoop. As a result, I had to compensate by leaving a little more room between myself and the ball (i.e. making contact slightly further away from the body). Once I made this adjustment, I was much happier with the frame.

However, if your looking for that exquisite sweet-spot thump, when you middle the ball perfectly, Iím not sure youíll find it with the RDS003. Instead, the feeling is muted, soft but reassuring nonetheless!