PDA

View Full Version : What is court rash and how do I fix it? -sorry if stupid question =(

enwar3
08-11-2007, 09:34 PM
I keep reading about this court rash.. is it the dark stains that appear on the racquet? And how do I get rid of it?

jonline
08-11-2007, 09:46 PM
Court rash is where the racquet has scraped on the ground when playing (usually a low dipping forehand that scratches the bumper or the side of the frame, leaving a series of scratches).

jonline
08-11-2007, 09:47 PM
Oh, and it's purely cosmetic, so don't worry about it. If it's on a black part of your frame, a sharpie might make it look a little better. But the only way to truly fix it would be to sand down and repaint the racquet.

enwar3
08-11-2007, 10:26 PM
Oh.. so court rash is like scratches.

What are the dark stains that seem like they're a part of the glaze/enamel/whatever the shiny finish is? When you rub your fingers over the stained areas you can't feel a difference between the stains and the unstained parts. What is that? And how would you clean it?

Mr. Hokey
08-11-2007, 10:39 PM
that is most commonly from the net cord. hitting it... resting racquets on it. so on and so forth.

jonline
08-11-2007, 11:09 PM
The dark spots are usually from the net, yes. And usually you can either scratch it off or a damp cloth might do the trick.