PDA

View Full Version : my DIY balance board pics

TheShaun
08-12-2007, 10:16 AM
pretty much the same as craig sheppard's but not as nice looking. a total cost of $5.17 CDN. i'll be applying the yellow tape measure once i see if the glue i used on the other one works.

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z191/thedoctor81/DSCF1166.jpg

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z191/thedoctor81/DSCF1167.jpg

Jonny S&V
08-12-2007, 10:20 AM
pretty much the same as craig sheppard's but not as nice looking. a total cost of $5.17 CDN. i'll be applying the yellow tape measure once i see if the glue i used on the other one works.

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z191/thedoctor81/DSCF1166.jpg

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z191/thedoctor81/DSCF1167.jpg

Cool, sorry if this is a stupid question, but what is the measurement for it (like if the balance is 15 in, how many pts is that head light/heavy?)?

TheShaun
08-12-2007, 10:34 AM
1/8 of an inch equals 1pt. closer to the grip is head light.

Jonny S&V
08-12-2007, 10:36 AM
1/8 of an inch equals 1pt. closer to the grip is head light.

Thanks, looks nice, and even better since you saved, what, $30 cdn?

tsmcauliffe
08-12-2007, 10:44 AM
Shouldn't the tape measures be turned around so you can actually see what the balance point is, or am I just stupid and not know what the f*** I'm talking about? JW?

lecter255
08-12-2007, 12:56 PM
Shouldn't the tape measures be turned around so you can actually see what the balance point is, or am I just stupid and not know what the f*** I'm talking about? JW?

i think the maker got it right on the blue measuring tape. don't be so hard on yourself. =) imagine a perfectly balanced racquet, it will read about 35 cm. if becomes more headlight, the racquet will slide up toward the head to be balanced, and the tape measure should read less than 35 cm. although i don't get why the blue tape measure is in the hundreds...

i might be wrong though. i got like no sleep last night..

TheShaun
08-12-2007, 01:52 PM
the blue tape was just a test to see if the glue would hold to the board and tape.(yes, i cut two tapes for no reason. i realised this after. i got 4 in a pack from the dollar store so i'm not worried.) so the blue one is off now. the yellow one is the only one on. it starts under the bar, which is 13.5 inches from the edge of the board. the tape is glued down and 13.5 is on the edge. i think i did it right?

jmverdugo
08-12-2007, 02:51 PM
Pretty nice set up. It is not really that important where you put the tape as long as you can measure the distance between the butt of the racket to the stick. To make the balancing more easy you can put some rubber on the stick to avoid the racket to slip while you are balancing it.

jonline
08-12-2007, 05:52 PM
Pretty nice set up. It is not really that important where you put the tape as long as you can measure the distance between the butt of the racket to the stick. To make the balancing more easy you can put some rubber on the stick to avoid the racket to slip while you are balancing it.

I had the same idea...don't know if I'll make my own board, but I think that some rubber on the stick would make the DIY board top-notch.

TheShaun
08-12-2007, 07:41 PM

I had the same idea...don't know if I'll make my own board, but I think that some rubber on the stick would make the DIY board top-notch.

great tip on the rubber! it's pretty hard to get the racquet to balance. thanks for the heads up :)

diredesire
08-12-2007, 08:41 PM
It's going ot be hard to find a rubber style coating. You'll probably do well with some heat shrink tubing (you can pick up enough for about $2-3 at any electronics store)

Note: Electronics store does NOT equal radio shack. Try Fry's or look in your phone book.

jonline
08-12-2007, 08:45 PM
I just had another idea. You might be able to use some plastic tubing from a hardware/plumbing store. That sort of plastic has a good grip to it. Just a thought.

TheShaun
08-13-2007, 07:45 AM
i was just going to wrap a used over grip around it. i think that'll work. i have to change over grips later today. if that doesn't work i'll cut up a bit of old bicycle tubing.

SFrazeur
08-13-2007, 07:52 AM
Also consider "Plasti dip", it might be a bit expensive though.

-SF