PDA

View Full Version : Can a racquet be too heavy? (Help)

alcap26
08-12-2007, 05:46 PM
here is my dilema:

I am using two Head FXP Rad Tour with head fxp strung at 62lbs. I am not getting to play as often as I would like and I guess with the lack of play I am not manning up enough to play with this. (I am 6'2 33 year old male) My wife and I played the other night and she played dII tennis in college. My serves were very inconsistent and I was having trouble getting depth on my shots. This can be an issue sometimes. I decided after we finished I would hit a few with her racquets. She likes something lighter due to her being 5 foot tall and 100 lbs frame. She preferred the Prince Shark DB mid over the white so we got her two of them about a year ago. Once I picked the racquet up I was getting very good pace and depth but I feel they are too lgiht but they were comfortable. So I am thinking of trying some different racquets but I am too the point of I do not have a clue where to start. I prefer the prince handle...oh I forgot to mention that I do have shoulder and issues and I am thinking the fxp rad tour might be a bit to heavy and i was thinking maybe trying the prince white, prince shark 03, prince TT warrior, and maybe a babolat with cortex or a dunlop or a prokennex....as you can tell I am quite open to ideas.

dave333
08-12-2007, 05:48 PM
Get the heaviest one you can still swing quickly. Also, make sure you can swing it just as fast in a deep, long, grueling match.

JMS
08-12-2007, 05:50 PM
Get the heaviest one you can still swing quickly. Also, make sure you can swing it just as fast in a deep, long, grueling match.

yes, i agree with everthing and after many playtest i found mid 11 oz. range is right for me, and every person is different

iplaybetter
08-12-2007, 05:50 PM
many factors go into racket performance but yes a racket can be to heavy, if you are having trouble swinging it then it is to heavy

alcap26
08-12-2007, 06:30 PM
I get what you are saying. I do notice that if I have had a match go 7-6 4-6 6-4 or some sort then by the end I am hurting and my arm is getting tired. Time to experiment then. here we go again.