PDA

View Full Version : Djokovic against Nadal or Federer in USOPEN

Tennis_Monk
08-12-2007, 08:33 PM
If the play goes according to seedings (and other obvious assumptions), Djokovic would have play either Nadal or Federer somewhere deep in the draw.

Who is more likely to win?

veritech
08-12-2007, 08:40 PM
for djokovic to be the favorite, he has to be able to consistently beat nadal/fed, which time will tell.

this was one explosive tournament for him and hopefully he can keep it moving.

psamp14
08-12-2007, 09:16 PM
djokavic now has heaps of confidence after beating roddick, nadal, and federer in succession....but things are just a little different at the us open

i think he has an edge over nadal if they meet at the us open, but its just about even against roddick, and he will face a much tougher federer....

the grand slam atmosphere is much different from a masters tournament, and meeting federer or nadal in the semis or final is a lot tougher than meeting them in a masters tournament...federer and nadal's mentality becomes just so much stronger when they've reached that deep into a grand slam

i expect to see djokavic in the semis of the us open this year, and potentially the final

my_forehand
08-12-2007, 09:18 PM
he should be against fed in semis right?..provided that both players get to the semis

jennyian
08-12-2007, 09:18 PM
I think he has a very big chance of being in the final, if he doesn't meet Fed in the semis.

I still think, although i really want Nolé to win, i still think Rogi's gonna take that.

snapple
08-12-2007, 09:23 PM
i think he has an edge over nadal if they meet at the us open, but its just about even against roddick

That's ridiculous. He rates miles ahead of Arod.

SuperPhong
08-12-2007, 09:26 PM
Djoke will beat Nads off the court at us open, I'm assuming Nads will lose sooner than that, he's never done well at the US Open and it is hard courts so Nads isn't as effective. Djoke will face Fed and that would be a great match to watch...hopefully in the finals

Wolbo
08-12-2007, 10:52 PM
If the draw is based on today's ranking Djokovic will meet Nadal in the semis (2 against 3) but it depends on when the US Open freezes the rankings for it's draw.

KBalla08
08-12-2007, 10:57 PM
If the draw is based on today's ranking Djokovic will meet Nadal in the semis (2 against 3) but it depends on when the US Open freezes the rankings for it's draw.

they do it the week they make the draw... so the rankings the monday after cincy will be used for seeding

ThePro101
08-12-2007, 11:04 PM

Actually, the semi's are not set - a coin is flipped to see which seed, #3 or #4, plays #1

psamp14
08-12-2007, 11:07 PM
That's ridiculous. He rates miles ahead of Arod.

djokavic beat roddick in two closely contested sets but at the us open, roddick is in another mode...its the us open, new york crowd, pro-american, and he just clicks into another gear....

that is why i say it is just about even....in my mind that is say, a closely contested 4-set match which either player wins...or a 5 set match....either player wins....djokavic is #3 in the world, roddick's #4...this isnt federer and nadal compared to the rest of the field...this is the rest of the field compared to each other...its a little closer in the rest of the field, although djokavic has certainly created an entry to the elite level of federer and nadal

robin7
08-12-2007, 11:55 PM
If seed #1 will meet #16, #8, #4 in R16, QF & SF respectively, then Djokovic (#3) will meet Nadal (#2) & Federer (#1) in SF & F respectively.
Otherwise, Djokovic will be at the same half with Federer.

My WISH: Djokovic is at the same half with Federer so that Djokovic can beat Federer before the final. I wanna see Djokovic-Nadal final.

Nadal_Freak
08-13-2007, 12:03 AM
Novak>Nadal>Roddick on hardcourts. Roddick will lose to both players if he faces them. All Roddick has is a serve. Novak has the total game.

Tarqs
08-13-2007, 01:58 AM
Actually, the semi's are not set - a coin is flipped to see which seed, #3 or #4, plays #1

just curious, is that for every tourny or just the US?

Tarqs
08-13-2007, 01:58 AM
or every slam i should say

my_forehand
08-13-2007, 02:20 AM
Novak>Nadal>Roddick on hardcourts. Roddick will lose to both players if he faces them. All Roddick has is a serve. Novak has the total game.

you can't be serious. nadal better a-rod on court? plus, if roddick was all serve, why is former world no.1, grand slam winner? and if Karlovic's service is better, why is he 40 sumthing?

jennyian
08-13-2007, 02:26 AM
Depends, i think Nadal runs too many balls for ARod, i gotta back up Nadal on that one.

my_forehand
08-13-2007, 02:42 AM
if it was on clay, yeah okay, nadal spanks roddick, but this is hardcourt where talking about, the surface where roddick only loses to federer (and as you just saw djokovic, but i'd like to djokovic do it again)
pls don't mention dancevic, if they played 10 times roddick would win 8-9 matches

i'll shut up and say i was wrong and you were right if nada plays roddick in us open and wins

my_forehand
08-13-2007, 02:43 AM
*like to see
sorry, typed it wrong

Nadal_Freak
08-13-2007, 11:01 AM
if it was on clay, yeah okay, nadal spanks roddick, but this is hardcourt where talking about, the surface where roddick only loses to federer (and as you just saw djokovic, but i'd like to djokovic do it again)
pls don't mention dancevic, if they played 10 times roddick would win 8-9 matches

i'll shut up and say i was wrong and you were right if nada plays roddick in us open and wins
Uh Nadal beat Roddick easily at Indian Wells. Nadal has no problems with Roddicks serve. The baseline battles are very one-sided as Roddick tries to push from the baseline. That won't work against Nadal.