PDA

View Full Version : What's the power level and swetspot size of Microgel Radical Pro?

snoopy
08-12-2007, 09:47 PM
I was attracted to the Pro because I heard it had a big sweet spot and decent pop to go along with its nice heft and moderate swingweight. I demoed one, not from TW, and I found it to be low powered with only a fair sized sweetspot (higher in the hoop for sure). Yet, the strings on the demo were pretty tight. So I think that played a big part in my bad experience with the frame. So what do others think of the Pro's power level and sweetspot?

snoopy
08-16-2007, 10:00 PM
I continued demoing the Rad Pro. The strings eventualy loosened up and I started hitting well with it.

The racquet swings a little heavier than the numbers indicate. Probably because it's only 4 pts head light. It feels like a lot of the weight is concentrated between the top of the handle and the bottom of the shaft.

As I was getting into a groove i found the Pro to hit a nice heavy ball with good pace and pretty good control. The sweetspot was pretty big too. 2 hbhs and bh slices were standouts for me with this stick. Topspin was easy to generate once you get the racquet moving fast enough.

I like this frame and I'm considering getting one. However, string breakers may have problems with the Pro. Because the head of the Pro is wider at the top than the bottom, the strings seem like they're spaced more openly then an average 16 x 19 frame on a 100 sq inch racquet. i broke the strings of my demo in less than a total of an hour of hitting (on the other hand it is a demo, so i don't know how much use the stringjob had to begin with).

grass_hopper
08-17-2007, 05:20 AM
i had it for two month, the head feels like a 105 size. it's solid racquet but takes long swing for ground strokes. serves are the best part. not good for 1hbh.

oncourt
08-17-2007, 12:03 PM
I agree with the string breakage . I have been eating up strings since I
received the racquet but won't change for the world. Great racquet. It does everything I have been looking for. I probably will try a hybrid with Pacific
on the mains and NXT on the crosses.

snoopy
08-17-2007, 01:43 PM
When I get my Rad Pro I'm going with a soft poly. Probably SPPP or Cyberflash.

ollinger
08-17-2007, 02:56 PM
Power level is about 7.3, sweetspot size is about 9 square inches.