PDA

View Full Version : Finally...here's the NUMBER TWO

93sq.
08-13-2007, 02:55 AM
I think it's premature to talk about a new era...
But it seems clear that Novak Djokovic is the real numer two in professional tennis today...
SF in wimbledon and RG...so he's a good player on slow surfaces...(wimby....:roll: why!!!:mad: )
He kicked No 3 then No2 then THE GREAT ONE asses in Canadian Open...

He's clearly better than rafa on fast...

He could improve his tennis on clay...

Yes,Djoker is the number 2 of the world....the guy who will bash with fedexx not only for 2 months....

Fk the rankings... Considering all surfaces FED>DJOKO>RAFA

Fedexeon
08-13-2007, 02:59 AM
Well, you have to really give credit to Nadal for his performance on clay.. Its extraordinary.. He almost wins every big tournament on clay... He's the No.2 because he deserves it.

Djokovic will have to take advantage of the fast hardcourt.. He will either have to win the US Open or the Masters Cup.

93sq.
08-13-2007, 03:06 AM
Well, you have to really give credit to Nadal for his performance on clay.. Its extraordinary.. He almost wins every big tournament on clay... He's the No.2 because he deserves it.

Djokovic will have to take advantage of the fast hardcourt.. He will either have to win the US Open or the Masters Cup.

Wait nadal is the very best ever on clay....

but he's at roger level only for 2 months....

If he will let his hurricanes in London...i think he would be a great hard court player too...

Wuornos
08-13-2007, 03:08 AM
It was certainly a good result for him.

I agree though that it's a bit premature to start talking of him being the number 2.

Maybe after we have seen what he does between now and the end of the next Roland Garros.

PS Shouldn't this be under the Pro Match Results area?

Alexandros
08-13-2007, 06:27 AM
Since when is two semi finals in Roland Garros and Wimbledon better than a win and a final?

diegaa
08-13-2007, 07:30 AM
Since when is two semi finals in Roland Garros and Wimbledon better than a win and a final?

exactly my thoughts. i dont know why people states these kind of stuff so lightly.

93sq.
08-13-2007, 08:33 AM
When people talks about Dancevic e Querrey as future champions...why can't I express my opinion on someone who's already a champion!?

So...if this is a problem for you topspinmonkey fans...get used to it...

But i have to admit...Nole hasn't win a Slam....not yet...
But i bet he won't win only the open that many champions as chang,gomez and so on won....

With all the respect for mowgli.....In several months Djoker will be in his league,or better...

sharp*shooter
08-13-2007, 08:39 AM
Djokovich will probably have to dominate Federer on the hard courts to get to number 2 at this stage.. the mass of Nadals ranking points is guarenteed from clay tournaments.

93sq.
08-13-2007, 08:47 AM
Djokovich will probably have to dominate Federer on the hard courts to get to number 2 at this stage.. the mass of Nadals ranking points is guarenteed from clay tournaments.

Ok...and what if he could beat sometimes rogi on hard and sometimes rafa on clay!?
OK...it's hard to be rafa on clay...but it was to beat roger on hard too...so,why not!?

TheGreatestAudia
08-13-2007, 08:54 AM
It's a pipe dream for Djoker...at least for right now.

jukka1970
08-13-2007, 09:03 AM
But it seems clear that Novak Djokovic is the real numer two in professional tennis today...
SF in wimbledon and RG...so he's a good player on slow surfaces...(wimby....:roll: why!!!:mad: )

Yes,Djoker is the number 2 of the world....the guy who will bash with fedexx not only for 2 months....

Although I think it's going to take a bit (guessing between 12 and 18 months) before Djokovic is a real contender for the number 2 spot, I do think that your opinions have some weight to them.

I'm not so sure I'd jump just yet into saying that Djokovic is better then Nadal. Yes, Djokovic has had an amazing year, as well as good results in the past, but one should air on the side of caution of placing Djokovic above Nadal because of the Canadian Open.

You have to remember that the clay season is a long season, and there are many tournaments on clay. Djokovic is going to have to take some of those wins on clay away before he can catch Nadal in the rankings.

As I said, your opinions do have some weight to them, and Djokovic is certainly knocking on the door. Also, even though it's mathematically possible for Djokovic to pass Nadal by the end of the year, I don't see it happening. Pretty much the same reasoning I gave when some posters talked about Nadal overtaking Federer. It's most likely not going to happen this year because Nadal would have to have a rotten finish (like 1st and 2nd rounds, with Djokovic winning the events) for him to take over 2nd. Just like Federer would have to have a rotten finish (like 1st and 2nd rounds with Nadal winning the events) for Nadal to overtake Federer.

Jukka

caulcano
08-13-2007, 09:11 AM

IMHO, that's is an insult to Nadal's performance over the last year.

AO = Nadal - QF v Djokovic - 4R
FO = Nadal - Winner v Djokovic - SF
Wimb = Nadal - Finalist v Djokovic - SF

ATP MS = Nadal - 3 v Djokovic - 1

Basically rankings don't lie.

Zaragoza
08-13-2007, 09:16 AM
1- Federer 7140
2- Nadal 5605
3- Djokovic 3700

Finally, here is the number 3 (he was number 4 last week).

JRstriker12
08-13-2007, 09:39 AM
A good win by Novak over Fed and Nadal. It's good to see him step up big time.

He's still 5-2 vs Nadal and he hasn't won a grand slam yet, so he has some work to do before he can claim Nadal's spot at #2. I just hope he can stay healthy. He seems to have a habit of getting injured and dropping out during a few key matches.

KBalla08
08-13-2007, 09:50 AM
ATP MS = Nadal - 3 v Djokovic - 1

Basically rankings don't lie.

um, over the last year, Djokovic has won 2 ATP MS.... just lettin u know

SuperPhong
08-13-2007, 09:54 AM
Djoke will be the future #1, after Fed leaves tennis, he's pretty much an all round solid player that can play on any surface, you see what he did to Nads in the Wimbledon semis injuried so I'm saying he had a chance to win that match. It's true that Nads dominates the clay court season and he's done well at wimbledon...b/c grass isn't like what it use to be...but that is another story. I do see Djoke has a better all round player than Nads, he reminds me a lot of Fed, but with greater accomplishments at a younger age.

diegaa
08-13-2007, 10:04 AM
what may happen in a year or two, we cant tell. What we can do is just talk about the game of the players and facts. The facts say that nadal is the #2 and djokovic is #3. Maybe some day the serbian will become #1, but we arent that certain about it. so he will reamain as the 3rd player untill he proves otherwise.
It has nothing to do with loving the "topspinmonkey" or not, just facts here.

Nadal_Freak
08-13-2007, 10:29 AM
I say he and Fed will take points away from each other on hardcourts while Nadal continues to dominate the clay. Nadal actually has a good shot to be number 1 now thanks to Djokovic.

rett
08-13-2007, 10:35 AM
I do think djokovic is a very good player and will probably stay number 3 for a while.I question his fittness and thats what it is going to take to win a slam. And i dont think he can win 2 or 3 five set back ot back even with a day off in between.

93sq.
08-13-2007, 10:40 AM
I say he and Fed will take points away from each other on hardcourts while Nadal continues to dominate the clay. Nadal actually has a good shot to be number 1 now thanks to Djokovic.

Yes...this is a very good point

93sq.
08-13-2007, 10:43 AM
1- Federer 7140
2- Nadal 5605
3- Djokovic 3700

Finally, here is the number 3 (he was number 4 last week).

Honey...thanks for the info!

Nadal is the best of all time on clay...an amazing athlete...
BUT

IN MY HUMBLE OPINION...

He's the really number 2...

fastdunn
08-13-2007, 10:56 AM
He needs to win a slam.