PDA

View Full Version : James Blake: Tough as Nails...

saram
08-13-2007, 03:53 AM
Just read some of Blake's new book. I don't care if he ever wins a GS or not. I don't care if he falls out of the top ten and never wins another tournament again. With what he has gone through, the way he has handled the adversity in his life, and the positive demeanor he has--he will always be a champion--both on and off the court. Let him be an inspiration to us all.

my_forehand
08-13-2007, 04:12 AM
so the book's good?

Forehand Forever
08-13-2007, 05:14 AM
The book is beyond good. I also read it. It's my favorite book ever right now. He's gone through so much in those 2-3 years that he wasn't able to play from his injury to his father's death to his case of zoster. James Blake owns.

greg_in_atl
08-13-2007, 05:46 AM
I recently finished reading "Breaking Back" by James Blake. I thought it was a really good read and an inspirational story.

saram
08-13-2007, 01:26 PM
so the book's good?

It is an amazing book. Written so anyone can read it, not complicated, and just wonderful insight to his life, family, trials and tribulations. Just for him to step onto a court as soon as he did after enduring what he did is an amazing feat in itself.

To do it with a continual smile is inspirational. I will never forget him looking to the skies (his father) during the Qrs with Andre at the US Open. Now, after reading....just makes that moment stick deeper into my head/memory.

Topaz
08-13-2007, 01:27 PM
It is on my 'to read' list!!! Glad to hear it will be worth it.

J-man
08-13-2007, 01:32 PM
I hate James Blake game wise. But he has gone through so much and I give him so much respect him. He has battled through so much.

saram
08-13-2007, 01:50 PM
I hate James Blake game wise. But he has gone through so much and I give him so much respect him. He has battled through so much.

To quote PMac during Wimbledon after watching James play:

"I was ticked off..."

Yes, his game drives me crazy. So much talent, yet not utilized to its potential.

As a human being though, he will always have my respect.

babolat15
08-13-2007, 02:42 PM
it was an amazing book

prince
08-13-2007, 04:41 PM
it was an amazing book

you mean its better than spadea's book ? no way.:-D

Jonny S&V
08-13-2007, 04:45 PM

Lol. Looks like I'm gonna have to start reading again (still pooped after reading Harry Potter in 2 days).

saram
08-13-2007, 04:48 PM

It will take me a while to pick up that book. If he raps once in it--I'll burn it.

tennispro11
08-13-2007, 04:48 PM
Just read some of Blake's new book. I don't care if he ever wins a GS or not. I don't care if he falls out of the top ten and never wins another tournament again. With what he has gone through, the way he has handled the adversity in his life, and the positive demeanor he has--he will always be a champion--both on and off the court. Let him be an inspiration to us all.

Saram another well thought up thread man. I am putting this book on my "books to read next list." Way to get me pumped up about it!

saram
08-13-2007, 04:53 PM
Check out the latest Tennis Magazine. There are three or four good pages from the book in there. That is what inspired me to get the book.

Forehand Forever
08-13-2007, 06:50 PM
It's a book that all tennis players should read that need some inspiration. It's my favorite book.

tangerine
08-13-2007, 09:02 PM
That's great to hear! I'm looking forward to reading his book.

Alex132
08-13-2007, 11:51 PM
well he did go to Harvard, so im sure its a good book. Gonna get a copy for myself soon.