PDA

View Full Version : Help me decide a racquet: POG Mid vs. POG OS

lidation
08-13-2007, 04:37 AM
I have both racquets: POG mid and OS. However, I want to pin down one for my major stick so that I simply use it every time. However I can't decide. I like both. The Mid is kinda easier to whip around but less powerful. The OS is a bit clumsy running around the court but is definately have more poise and power.

I am a weak playing who just started playing tennis 5 months ago. But I do practice 2-3 times/week and see a coach every month.

Spector
08-13-2007, 04:58 AM
The POG OS use to be my racquet of choice but after awhile of using it I wanted a racquet which I could get a bit more head acceleration out of and be a bit more maneuverable especially at the net. I ended up buying the K90 and I love it.

I haven't actually used the POG mid so I can only guess what it would be like in comparison to the OS. That guess would be that changing from the OS to the mid would be quite close to me changing from the OS to the K90. As such I expect that you too, once you have played for a bit longer, will probably also want that extra head acceleration and maneuverability that I wanted from a racquet. Thus I would have to say the mid.

lidation
08-13-2007, 08:53 AM
So far the poll result is 4 vs. 4. Ha! It's really a tough choice. Maybe I should throw a coin to decide?

Keifers
08-13-2007, 09:10 AM
I have both racquets: POG mid and OS. However, I want to pin down one for my major stick so that I simply use it every time. However I can't decide. I like both. The Mid is kinda easier to whip around but less powerful. The OS is a bit clumsy running around the court but is definately have more poise and power.

I am a weak playing who just started playing tennis 5 months ago. But I do practice 2-3 times/week and see a coach every month.
Very interesting question... I can relate to your dilemma as I have mid and OS versions of other racquets.

Can you expand on your comment about the OS having more poise? I'm intrigued by your word choice.

Cheers.

plowmanjoe
08-13-2007, 09:22 AM
i have no idea why you're having trouble deciding. i play with the pog os and i love it. i absolutely hate the mid compared to the OS. it just doesn't suit my game at all.

lidation
08-13-2007, 10:30 AM
Very interesting question... I can relate to your dilemma as I have mid and OS versions of other racquets.

Can you expand on your comment about the OS having more poise? I'm intrigued by your word choice.

Cheers.

By poise I mean once the racquet started the swing motion, all the rest is fluidic for the OS. It's like a big tank crushing throug the ball. I just got that distinct feeling from the mid.

Bengt
08-13-2007, 11:49 AM
Definitely the OS if you've only been playing for 5 months. You can transition to the Mid down the road when you've at least somewhat grooved your strokes. I own both, but play with the Mid 95% of the time. When my confidence is down or when I get the itch to buy another racket, I break out the OS and it gets me back on track. I'm a 4.0+ NTRP player.

LanEvo
08-13-2007, 11:56 AM
if u play with the os then stick with it

drakulie
08-13-2007, 12:07 PM
The Mid is kinda easier to whip around

Enough said. Go with the mid. Good luck.

Jonny S&V
08-13-2007, 12:09 PM

The OS is probably the best racquet to learn tennis with, as it is heavy, extremely head light, and has a large sweet spot helped by the fact that it is an oversize head. I learned on that racquet, and then after about a year, bought a Prince TT Warrior and so on. Use it to learn on and, since you have both, switch to the Mid when you feel that you are good enough or your coach thinks you are ready to switch.

c_zimma
08-13-2007, 12:20 PM
Enough said. Go with the mid. Good luck.

I agree. And the mid has more touch in my opinion. It has a better sound as well.

Keifers
08-13-2007, 12:46 PM
By poise I mean once the racquet started the swing motion, all the rest is fluidic for the OS. It's like a big tank crushing throug the ball.
Thanks. Yes, I agree that a solid, heavy OS racquet can feel very smooth -- stately, even -- as it moves "through" the ball. A mid is more scalpel-like in its maneuverability and precision.

"Fluidic" -- what a great word! :D :cool:

Voxshall
08-13-2007, 05:04 PM
1HBH/All court = Mid. 2HBH/Basline = OS.

Alafter
08-13-2007, 05:06 PM
The OS is godlike and maneuverable and not full of fluids, which may leak and spill during play.

nickb
08-14-2007, 02:16 AM
1HBH/All court = Mid. 2HBH/Basline = OS.

I agree....I have a 1HBH and come to net alot + play with the mid.