PDA

View Full Version : who has beaten fed AND nadal EVER?

grizzly4life
08-13-2007, 06:44 AM
i see there's a thread about djokovic beating fed/nadal in same tourney.

but canadian newspaper (picking up canadian press story) says no one has beaten them both EVER since 2004 period (i.e. even in different tourneys) ... who beat both then? (assume paper's wording is right. nadal more or less started in 2004, so there's going to be very very few who've ever beaten both of them).

pretty remarkable if i'm reading this correctly......

natasha_nana
08-13-2007, 06:47 AM
Er no this isn't correct...Berdych for one has definitely done it.

He beat Roger at Athens when he was world number 1.
and Nadal at Madrid, Toronto and Cincinnati all when Nadal was world number 2.

But yes, if you mean since 2004 (Athens was of course in 04) - yeah, no one has done it.

diegaa
08-13-2007, 07:09 AM
No one has in the same tourney (untill yesterday).
Hewitt & roddick have victories over the two

grif
08-13-2007, 07:19 AM
Not in the same tournament. Nole also took out the #3 player in the world (at the time) in the same tournament too (Roddick).

johnny ballgame
08-13-2007, 07:20 AM
i see there's a thread about djokovic beating fed/nadal in same tourney.

pretty remarkable if i'm reading this correctly......

Throw in beating Roddick on a hard court in the qtrs... quite a run.

natasha_nana
08-13-2007, 08:05 AM
No one has in the same tourney (untill yesterday).
Hewitt & roddick have victories over the two

Yeah Hewitt and Roddick have beaten Nadal in 2004 onwards...but neither have beaten Federer since 2003.

The last common person to beat both is now Djokovic, before which it was Berdych.

grizzly4life
08-13-2007, 08:09 AM
Yeah Hewitt and Roddick have beaten Nadal in 2004 onwards...but neither have beaten Federer since 2003.

The last common person to beat both is now Djokovic, before which it was Berdych.

natasha, thanks for clearing up the confusion...... yeah, the writer said no one had beaten both since 2004, so the hewitt/roddick wins wouldn't qualify (as you pointed out).. hadn't thought it thru, but now i remember the olympics were in athens in 2004... so there's my answer.

EDIT: i guess looking back that the wording from the canadian press article isn't too clear.... but good contributions by everyone clears it up. seems like berdych and now joker are the only two to beat both guys since both have been on tour at same time.