PDA

View Full Version : Ok, I'll admit it...

Ripper
08-13-2007, 06:05 AM
Djokovich is a serious threat to Federer and Nadal. Beating Federer yesterday really changed my way of viewing this urchin headed boy (I wasn't convinced, until yesterday). I mean, he did get help from Federer (who, between other things, choked when facing the opportunity to serve for the first set). However, had it been anyone else, but Djokovich (or Nadal), Federer would have ended up winning, anyway. We're so used to witnessing Federer pull out these type of victories, that I kept waiting for it to happen, but it didn't. This is bad news for Nadal, who had everything set up for him to become the next #1, once 26 year old Federer lost his edge and retired. Anyway, I'll be very interesting to see how the around the corner US Open goes for the top 3.

JLyon
08-13-2007, 06:32 AM
I think Djokovich winning Montreal is great but I will hold judgement until he can be the last man standing at Grand Slam. He has had two chances already this year and folded like an accordian.
He is definately a threat but he needs to beat Fed or Nadal at a GS first in order to join that top tier. Could USO 2007 be his breakout party??

MasterTS
08-13-2007, 06:44 AM
Lets not forget how many times djoker has folded/retired against Nadal in a slam! The guy likes to call it quits when he should push himself to win the match!

That to me is not a sign of a slam champ!

Ripper
08-13-2007, 06:58 AM
JLyon and MasterTS, you're right, but I did see a way better attitude from him yesterday. I think he's getting better. However, as you said, Grand Slams is where you show it. We'll see.

snapple
08-13-2007, 07:03 AM
Not at all fair to bash Joker for bowing out of his match with Nadal at Wimby. It was amazing he even won the first set given the exteme physical problems he was experiencing. No way should that be an indicetment against his toughness or ability to be a champion. If anything I think this kid has ALL the intangibles that the great ones possess - but obviously only time will tell.

Mark Vessels
08-13-2007, 07:06 AM
I think Djokovich winning Montreal is great but I will hold judgement until he can be the last man standing at Grand Slam. He has had two chances already this year and folded like an accordian.
He is definately a threat but he needs to beat Fed or Nadal at a GS first in order to join that top tier. Could USO 2007 be his breakout party??

Who cares

u nerd

JLyon
08-13-2007, 07:13 AM
Who cares

u nerd

Then why reply with no substance troll bait. Might want to remove "jokers" jock from your head.

origmarm
08-13-2007, 07:16 AM
Then why reply with no substance troll bait. Might want to remove "jokers" jock from your head.

I think he should keep it on. Might cover the phallus growing there

93sq.
08-13-2007, 07:42 AM
Lets not forget how many times djoker has folded/retired against Nadal in a slam! The guy likes to call it quits when he should push himself to win the match!

That to me is not a sign of a slam champ!

Is a sign of a slam champion to reach a final after an injured opponent and after a retired opponent!?

Please....let's be serious...

Rafa would left london after yohzny....