PDA

View Full Version : Yonex RDS002 Tour versus Prince Speedport Tour

OneHander
08-13-2007, 07:19 AM
Has anyone one tried both of these rackets? On paper the specs are very similar. I would appreciate comments on one versus the other. Thanks.

basil J
08-13-2007, 07:33 AM
Prince is lighter and has a tad more flex. Good sweetspot, but not huge. Good all around racquet.
Yonex is stiffer, power level is about the same as the prince, but IMO has a bigger sweet spot and lighter swing weight. Yonex is a great S&V stick.

OneHander
08-13-2007, 09:00 AM
Where would you put the O3 Hybrid Tour in this mix? POG mid?

Prince is lighter and has a tad more flex. Good sweetspot, but not huge. Good all around racquet.
Yonex is stiffer, power level is about the same as the prince, but IMO has a bigger sweet spot and lighter swing weight. Yonex is a great S&V stick.

markwillplay
09-26-2007, 06:12 PM
basil, is yonnex really easier to swing than the speedport tour?

basil J
09-28-2007, 05:07 AM
I thought so. The prince is lighter, but the weight of the yonex sell into the groove of my swing immediately. The prince felt light but was more evenly balanced so it felt like a heavier swing weight to me when taking a cut at the ball.

markwillplay
09-28-2007, 05:37 AM
I am pretty interested in this thread. I just hit with the Prince and thought that it was great. I loved the plush feel and it did not seem as heavy as my POG. I am probably going to get one because there is no doubt that it will be good for my arm. Having said that, I am still demoing sticks (rad mic pro right now) and a guy gave me a yonnex 002 tour to hit with. I wonder how much different it really is than the ti-80 (he told me he thought there was little difference). By the way, even though the ti80 ( I currently play the lighter version) swings a bit lighter than the prince, I found I could keep balls in better with the prince and maybe it was an illusion but I thought my serve had more zip on it.

markwillplay
09-29-2007, 06:51 AM
anyone else? I am still demoing and am hitting with radical pro today. I am wondering if the sticks a step below in weight (yonnex rds002 non tour, prince speedport black) would be as easy on the arm. I am still trying to decide if I want a lighter stick overall. The guy that works at the shop I go to looks at me like I am crazy becasue he is not as strong as me and plays with a heavier stick. I just need something that is really manueverable at net but also solid. Every time I play with a lighter stick I feel like my serve is not as quick and that I don't have that solid feel at net. I suppose it's a trade off.