PDA

View Full Version : Hardest/Heaviest Hitter on both tours

angelsdemons8600
08-13-2007, 11:34 AM
Marat Safin and The Williams Sisters hit the hardest and heaviest.

I spent the last 1 hour and 30 minutes of boringness going through Point Tracker for the French Open and Wimbledon and here are my findings:

Marat Safin averages 60-70 MPH on his winners. Obviously he doesn't force his power all the time and doesn't play the brawling power game the WTA tour does.

Venus Williams averages 70-80 MPH on her winners. Believe it or not her forehand is hit harder than the backhand. Though that is quite obvious; her forehand is just isn't as consistant as her backhand.

Serena Williams averages 75-85 MPH on her winners. The backhand is usually around 80 MPH while her forehand is somewhere in between. Sometimes it goes even higher.

I don't believe all the crap some posters are saying here that Henin hits the ball hard. Some idiot even posted stupid numbers without even doing research; he said Henin hits between 80-90 MPH (ATP range)...
Here is what I found on Henin:

Her backhand winners clock in at 50-65 MPH and her forehand is 55-60 MPH on average. End of discussion, Henin fans; its obvious you cannot swallow how Henin is not the best at everything.

Shashwat
08-13-2007, 11:38 AM
Henin hits the heaviest balls, not the hardest on WTA.

i don't know of any other player that hits with that much of topspin on the WTA.

LttlElvis
08-13-2007, 11:42 AM
Did you see Fed and Djoker belting out those forehands against each other yesterday? I think the were clocked in the low 90s. I don't recall seeing baseline tennis this fast in a long time.

MJM2324
08-13-2007, 11:49 AM
Did you see Fed and Djoker belting out those forehands against each other yesterday? I think the were clocked in the low 90s. I don't recall seeing baseline tennis this fast in a long time.

Yeah, every other winner was clocked in between like 86-93 it seemed like. Was truly amazing...

Lleytian3
08-13-2007, 11:54 AM
good findings, although i have a hard time believing that the willaim sisters hits their winners harder than safin does. but if thats what you found, i cant dispute your findings

dont be a henin hater, its obvious that she doesnt hit the ball hard, but she is still the woman to beat. she is the bes player on the womens tour as of now, so until someone de-thrones her, it reelie doesnt matter how hard she hits. and like it or not, i reelie tink she is the federer of the womens game

Challenger
08-13-2007, 12:04 PM
Hey, nice work with the research! Like Lleytian3, I'm finding the Williams sisters hitting harder than Safin a bit hard to swallow as well. Quite shocking.

The only thing is, the MPH may calculate how "hard" a shot is hit, but not necessarily how "heavy". I guess the only way to measure that would be to count the RPMs...which in this case, would be impossible.

natasha_nana
08-13-2007, 02:35 PM
wow...I'm not that surprised about the Williams sisters actually...but strange to see it out there in numbers.

Yeah I would have thought that Federer and Nadal hit the ball pretty hard.
As someone joked watching them return balls is like 'hard...harder...and hardest'
But yeah Nole was doing a pretty good job with this too this past week, especially in the Nadal match.

saram
08-13-2007, 02:54 PM
Marat Safin and The Williams Sisters hit the hardest and heaviest.

I spent the last 1 hour and 30 minutes of boringness going through Point Tracker for the French Open and Wimbledon and here are my findings:

Marat Safin averages 60-70 MPH on his winners. Obviously he doesn't force his power all the time and doesn't play the brawling power game the WTA tour does.

Venus Williams averages 70-80 MPH on her winners. Believe it or not her forehand is hit harder than the backhand. Though that is quite obvious; her forehand is just isn't as consistant as her backhand.

Serena Williams averages 75-85 MPH on her winners. The backhand is usually around 80 MPH while her forehand is somewhere in between. Sometimes it goes even higher.

I don't believe all the crap some posters are saying here that Henin hits the ball hard. Some idiot even posted stupid numbers without even doing research; he said Henin hits between 80-90 MPH (ATP range)...
Here is what I found on Henin:

Her backhand winners clock in at 50-65 MPH and her forehand is 55-60 MPH on average. End of discussion, Henin fans; its obvious you cannot swallow how Henin is not the best at everything.

During the '05 AO, Safin was belting them past Roger at 85-93mph. I would like to see the reference where Safin is hitting 15-25mph slower than the sisters.

But, you do have a habit of coming up with stuff on here that blasts Henin and boasts the Sisters. So, I have to take all of this with a grain of salt considering your history and past within the threads.

saram
08-13-2007, 02:55 PM
Hey, nice work with the research! Like Lleytian3, I'm finding the Williams sisters hitting harder than Safin a bit hard to swallow as well. Quite shocking.

The only thing is, the MPH may calculate how "hard" a shot is hit, but not necessarily how "heavy". I guess the only way to measure that would be to count the RPMs...which in this case, would be impossible.

It is hard to swallow. And if you research angelsdeamon, you will find that each and every post of hers is a tribute to the sisters and a bash of Henin. So, use grains of salt when reading her posts....

krz
08-13-2007, 03:42 PM
Where did you get your numbers from? I just looked at some random winners from point tracker like 20 winners from Venus vs Bartoli and Henin vs Bartoli. I don't think Venus hit one at over 72mph if she did it was just one. She was averaging in the 60's.

Of the Henin points I looked at she had 2 backhand winners in the mid 70's and one forehand winner clocked at 89MPH. Most were in the 60's.

Sure this is a small sample size but I find it hard to believe that she hit all her other ones in the 100's to get her average out to 80mph.

I then looked at Fed vs Nadal... winners were constantly in the 85-100mph range.

Then I looked as Safin vs Fed which i spent my time actually looking for a Safin winner since there were only a few of them in the jumble of unforced errors. Of the 3 I found i think they were all in the 50's suprisingly.

anyway winner speed is besides the point. Henin may not be the best at everything but the fact is she is just plain the best.

babolat15
08-13-2007, 03:43 PM
one of Novaks was at 97

tennispro11
08-13-2007, 08:43 PM
It is hard to swallow. And if you research angelsdeamon, you will find that each and every post of hers is a tribute to the sisters and a bash of Henin. So, use grains of salt when reading her posts....

I've seen the Williams sisters both play and I have seen Safin play. He hits his bh harder than both of the sisters no matter what your research says angels. Safin hits probably the hardest two hander I have ever seen. Most of her posts do promote the Williams and bash Henin. Why do people on here persist in just bashing one player while giving all the credit to one player that is their favorite. People there are many great players are the tour today. Henin is a great player btw. Big power in a little package. :)

krz
08-13-2007, 08:48 PM
I was already on that wimbledon site and looked at the statistics of the winners hit your numbers are off at least for the Henin v Bartoli and Venus v Bartoli.

btw Henin recorded a forehand winner at 89MPH in her match against Bartoli according the point racker.

tennispro11
08-13-2007, 08:50 PM
I was already on that wimbledon site and looked at the statistics of the winners hit your numbers are off at least for the Henin v Bartoli and Venus v Bartoli.

btw Henin recorded a forehand winner at 89MPH in her match against Bartoli according the point racker.

Good research. Now go find some of Safin! Do it! Jk. ;)

rommil
08-13-2007, 09:45 PM
I would vote Gonzo for the men's and Davenport for women's.

saram
08-13-2007, 09:51 PM
I would vote Gonzo for the men's and Davenport for women's.

Gonzo is the definition of testo!!!

thundaga
08-13-2007, 10:24 PM
monfils hit a 120MPH winner at this years aus open, everyones talking about averages but i thought i'd throw this in.

saram
08-13-2007, 10:45 PM
monfils hit a 120MPH winner at this years aus open, everyones talking about averages but i thought i'd throw this in.

I remember that...fastest I have ever seen...

...just amazing...

kalic
08-13-2007, 11:09 PM
Novak and Gonzo

Rickson
08-13-2007, 11:19 PM
Federer on the forehand side and Gasquet on the backhand. Justine on the backhand side for women and Kuznetsova on the forehand side.

Steven87
08-13-2007, 11:21 PM
Nadal has the heaviest shots of course

iamke55
08-14-2007, 12:04 AM
I remember that...fastest I have ever seen...

...just amazing...

I swear I saw blake hitting a 130 mph forehand on YouTube. I think it was a return of serve against a 115 mph serve. They didn't show a speed gun reading but it was clearly hit way harder than the other guy's serve. But of course the video's not there anymore, like 90% of tennis videos that used to exist there.

Bogie
08-14-2007, 12:27 AM
stupid comment. disregard