PDA

View Full Version : Roger can't win tournaments in French speaking cities!

Kira
08-13-2007, 07:04 PM
The real reason Roger lost in Montreal -

Roger has NEVER won a Grand Slam or Masters Series event in a French speaking city (notably, in Roland Garros, Monte Carlo, Montreal, or Paris).

In fact, with the exception of Rome (and Italian is way close to French) he's won EVERY Grand Slam and Masters Series event aside from these.

So despite the fact that he speaks French, maybe the German Swiss in him has unresolved issues? :)

Ambivalent
08-13-2007, 07:09 PM
Maybe he just doesn't like the french.

He won a toronto title a while back though. I was there, live. Toronto KINDA speaks French.

Kira
08-13-2007, 07:14 PM
they wouldn't be too happy with you.

Chopin
08-13-2007, 07:19 PM
Classic post :-)

saram
08-13-2007, 07:27 PM

Roger has NEVER won a Grand Slam or Masters Series event in a French speaking city (notably, in Roland Garros, Monte Carlo, Montreal, or Paris).

In fact, with the exception of Rome (and Italian is way close to French) he's won EVERY Grand Slam and Masters Series event aside from these.

So despite the fact that he speaks French, maybe the German Swiss in him has unresolved issues? :)

I'll bet...that your shoe size, is greater than your IQ!!!!

saram
08-13-2007, 07:27 PM
He has never won in South America...and he has family there...what is your point?

Kira
08-13-2007, 07:30 PM
It was a JOKE, and a fun trivia fact...

Geez, guess you get your kicks from being mean... no worries, you won't be hearing from me again.

angelsdemons8600
08-13-2007, 07:31 PM
He has never won in South America...and he has family there...what is your point?

Safin hits softer than the Williams Sisters...What is your point?

Is Roger Federer Brazilian? Cause I think I know him. He sucks at tennis.

saram
08-13-2007, 07:34 PM
Safin hits softer than the Williams Sisters...What is your point?

Is Roger Federer Brazilian? Cause I think I know him. He sucks at tennis.

Huh?

Once again, you jack up every thread you enter. Get a clue, get a life...and as Dr. Phil says...

..."Get real.."

angelsdemons8600
08-13-2007, 07:39 PM
Huh?

Once again, you jack up every thread you enter. Get a clue, get a life...and as Dr. Phil says...

..."Get real.."

:confused: I thought that was the quote for the show "The Real World"
Hmm...I watch lots of Scooby Doo so I guess I can get some clues...I have a life (LOL why would I be posting if I didn't have one)...And who is Dr. Philly?

saram
08-13-2007, 08:10 PM
Hmm...I watch lots of Scooby Doo so I guess I can get some clues...I have a life (LOL why would I be posting if I didn't have one)...And who is Dr. Philly?

forget the gun, forget the bullet...that would be too complicated.

rope, and a chair.....then let gravity take its course....

tennispro11
08-13-2007, 08:11 PM

So let me get this straight. You have been banned before for abusive behavior and yet you again attack people for no apparent reason other than they disagree with you. I think you need to pull your panties out of a bunch and go take a chill pill and then come back when you have calmed down. :)

saram
08-13-2007, 08:14 PM
So let me get this straight. You have been banned before for abusive behavior and yet you again attack people for no apparent reason other than they disagree with you. I think you need to pull your panties out of a bunch and go take a chill pill and then come back when you have calmed down. :)

No, don't let her come back. Find her address, send the FBI, and arrest her. Send her to Iraq and find her own way home....!!!!;)

rockthebox
08-13-2007, 08:38 PM
I'll bet...that your shoe size, is greater than your IQ!!!!

Ill bet...that your NTRP is greater than your IQ

tennispro11
08-13-2007, 08:41 PM
I'll bet...that your ntrp was rated by your best friend, who was feeling generous and bumped you up from a 3.0. ;)

psamp14
08-13-2007, 08:42 PM

oh yeah..thats exactly it ! ;)...

rockthebox
08-13-2007, 08:44 PM
I'll bet...that your ntrp was rated by your best friend, who was feeling generous and bumped you up from a 3.0. ;)

how much? ;)

tennispro11
08-13-2007, 08:45 PM
how much? ;)

LOL! I just couldn't resist. We should keep going with the I...bets. Pretty funny stuff.

lacoster
08-13-2007, 09:00 PM

He should enter a smaller French tournament to get some practice. There are a ton of them in France (Marseille, Metz, and Lyon).

tennispro11
08-13-2007, 09:02 PM
He should enter a smaller French tournament to get some practice. There are a ton of them in France (Marseille, Metz, and Lyon).

Why would he play a small tournament unless they pay him lots of money to be there? I doubt they have the money to dish out that Dubai does every year to Federer and Nadal.

lacoster
08-13-2007, 09:07 PM
Why would he play a small tournament unless they pay him lots of money to be there? I doubt they have the money to dish out that Dubai does every year to Federer and Nadal.

To get practice in french speaking cities. The original PM says he tends not to win in French speaking cities. I knew someone was going to mention appearance fees. There was no prior mention of money.

tennispro11
08-13-2007, 09:14 PM
To get practice in french speaking cities. The original PM says he tends not to win in French speaking cities. I knew someone was going to mention appearance fees. There was no prior mention of money.

I know what you were trying to say. But I am just stating the obvious. He gets a ton of money to be at the tournaments he plays every year. Something would seriously have to happen to him for him to change his schedule. You see what I'm saying?