PDA

View Full Version : Can I make my diablo MP feel more like the Pure Storm Tour?

pmata814
08-13-2007, 07:25 PM
I demoed the Pure Storm Tour today and I really liked how stable it felt. My strokes felt so much more solid and my serve had more power and spin.

I don't have experience with tape and every time I've messed with it it never feels natural. Can anybody help me? How much tape would I have to add, and where, in order to get it to feel similiar. Is there a difference if I use 1/4 in or 1/2 inch tape? I somehow get the feeling that because with 1/4" you can distribute longer strips around the head it will make the racquet feel more solid. As opposed to the 1/2" where you use short strips on the sides. Can anybody comment on this? Any help is greatly apprecieated.

pmata814
08-13-2007, 07:28 PM
Prince Tour Diablo MP
Head Size:
100 sq. in. / 645 sq. cm.
Length: 27.25 inches / 69 cm
Strung Weight: 11.7oz / 332g
Balance: 10pts Head Light
Swingweight: 316
Stiffness: 62

Babolat Pure Storm Tour
Head Size:
98 sq. in. / 632 sq. cm.
Length: 27 inches / 69 cm
Strung Weight: 11.8oz / 335g
Balance: 6pts Head Light
Swingweight: 333
Stiffness: 63

snoflewis
08-13-2007, 08:37 PM
nothing that i've tried felt close to bab's woofer system....but that's what i like about it. since i hate woofer.

if you like it so much...why not switch? the diablo imo is a very good classic feeling frame while the storm tour would be more of a powerful, yet somewhat control oriented frame.

Duzza
08-14-2007, 12:49 AM
I think you might be in luck. Your racquet is a little bit lighter, little bit more HL and less swingweight. This means that if you added a bit of lead at 3 and 9 on your frame, say like 4 grams or something, you would be making it heavier, less headlight and a tiny bit higher SW. This should add some more stability to your frame.

Try it out and see what happens. You could then try adding some more lead at 12 o clock to get the balance less HL to the Pure Storm Tours and increase the swingweight.

pmata814
08-14-2007, 06:21 AM
First of all thanks for the replies. I wish I could switch, but I've bought a lot of racquets lately and I can't buy it unless I sell my other ones first.

Duzza: should I use the1/2" lead tape or the 1/4"? With the 1/4" I can spread the tape along more of the frame. Would this make it more stable or is it the same as long as the weight is there?

ps60
08-14-2007, 09:27 AM
i've got the Diablo MP too and as to almost all my rackets, i 've poisoned it. I doubt if i could ever make it as stable as other makes, like the Volkl T10, 6.0 95 or just the Rebel.

I've cut the little extra length and put around 4g of lead around 3-12-9. But i'd still like to add 1-2g to above 2-10 level. It's way too headlight (but without the heft as some heavier rackets)

i guess for others, who don't like very HL rackets as i do, 8-10g above 3-9 level will certainly have no problem.