PDA

View Full Version : Magic Stick

Ethan
08-13-2007, 08:41 PM
LOL so 2day a whole group of friends gather to play tennis 2day, some new ppl too including the regular tennis buddies i play wif. SO one of the friend brought along this old racquet whoes brand i hav never even heard of i think it was called "Slazenger", well the grip was not that great but the head size is like so small think about 80 or 90 square inches, i borrowed it of course to try it out and WHOA a smaller head size is so great AMAZING i like the racquet think the next time i buy a racquet ill get one like that, any suggestions? OH rite i called the racquet THE MAGIC STICK LOL so amazing control and power HAHA

Banks
08-13-2007, 08:52 PM
i know exactly how you feel... my budy brought two of these old spalding rackets that were like extremly heavy and had a tiny head on them. I had a huge serve with them and a ton of power on my forhand. But it was not good for my two handed backhand. And slazenger makes good tennis balls.

abenguyen
08-13-2007, 09:11 PM
LOL so 2day a whole group of friends gather to play tennis 2day, some new ppl too including the regular tennis buddies i play wif. SO one of the friend brought along this old racquet whoes brand i hav never even heard of i think it was called "Slazenger", well the grip was not that great but the head size is like so small think about 80 or 90 square inches, i borrowed it of course to try it out and WHOA a smaller head size is so great AMAZING i like the racquet think the next time i buy a racquet ill get one like that, any suggestions? OH rite i called the racquet THE MAGIC STICK LOL so amazing control and power HAHA

try speaking actual english buddy. i understand what you're saying. thats how new racquets always feel like. and try typing normally, it helps yourself and helps understand better lol

anirut
08-14-2007, 02:52 AM
Never heard of Slazenger? Really?

Then you must be VERY NEW to tennis. No big deal. The brand is almost dead and gone, hopefully in hybernation. If not for Wimbledon and Tim Henman (heard of him?) the brand might have been long gone.

Slazenger makes good stuff, especially tennis balls, yes. The brand has been around since when ... I don't know. I learnt tennis when I was 10 and now I'm 40+ and the brand's been around before that, long before. So you can probably guess this is an old brand.

And now that you've learnt about an English brand, please type in proper English. Learning to do things right and proper will reward you in the long run.

JSE
08-14-2007, 06:45 AM
try speaking actual english buddy. i understand what you're saying. thats how new racquets always feel like. and try typing normally, it helps yourself and helps understand better lol

Pot, meet Kettle. LOL!

gsquicksilver
08-14-2007, 07:16 AM
isn't slazenger and dunlop the same company?

sharp*shooter
08-14-2007, 07:18 AM
Slazenger was bought by dunlop.

brianbrothers009
08-14-2007, 07:18 AM
Slazenger lol

Ethan
08-14-2007, 07:41 AM

sure i'll type better whenever i write longer msgs now because there have been been complaints before about my writing HAHA

Aeropro master
08-14-2007, 07:41 AM
Slazenger is a pretty old britsh company that makes crappy tennis balls.

Ethan
08-14-2007, 07:45 AM
Slazenger makes good stuff, especially tennis balls, yes. The brand has been around since when ... I don't know. I learnt tennis when I was 10 and now I'm 40+ and the brand's been around before that, long before. So you can probably guess this is an old brand.

hmm.. Slazenger was brought out by dunlop and dunlop has great tennis balls so is it the same thing LOL

SOMETIMES OLDER STUFF ARE BETTER THEN NEW STUFF

BreakPoint
08-14-2007, 11:54 AM

Slazenger has been the official ball used at Wimbledon since 1902. So 105 years! In fact, the company has been around since the 1870's.

BreakPoint
08-14-2007, 11:55 AM
isn't slazenger and dunlop the same company?
Slazenger and Dunlop were part of the same company but that company was itself bought out by a sporting goods retailer in Europe a few years ago.

nickb
08-14-2007, 02:45 PM
Slazenger is a pretty old britsh company that makes crappy tennis balls.

Have you ever used Slazenger balls?

They are far from crappy.....I use slazenger open all the time and they are great.

kike_valerin
08-14-2007, 03:04 PM
i'm from mexico !!! :D

i was have a few years 3 slazenger por braided exelent racquet also a holland and tennis bag now y have 4 slazenger pro X1 :D

i like a lot ****ENGER !!! :D i have 8 raquets slazenger pro X1 but the others 4 broken :confused:

They are far from crappy.....I use slazenger open all the time and they are great.

Aeropro master
08-14-2007, 05:06 PM

I used the Slazenger Wimbledon and it died in 2 hours of hitting. Maybe the open is a better ball.