PDA

View Full Version : o3 white help

thundaga
08-13-2007, 10:34 PM
does any1 have a picture of their o3 white with hard grommets installed? are the hard grommets any diff to the soft ones or do u simply pull the rubber bit off?

Ljubicic for number1
08-13-2007, 10:55 PM
It is made of hard plastic and doesnt protrude into the stringbed like the soft grommet.

thundaga
08-14-2007, 03:47 AM
thanks, yeah thats what i thought. i specifically ordered a set of hard throat grommets (not from TW) and they sent me the soft ones. i think im jus gonna stick with the soft grommets, cant be stuffed trying to get the hard ones anymore

Ljubicic for number1
08-14-2007, 04:26 AM
Just order a hard one for the next string job and then you will have tried both and you will know which one you prefer, I personally like the hard one better.

nickb
08-14-2007, 04:33 AM
Get the hard grommet...it makes the o3s much better racquets...they are very very muted and have no feel with the soft grommet. You wont see a sponsored pro using the soft grommets.

grass_hopper
08-14-2007, 05:21 AM
any tennis store will have the hard grommets, the racquet comes with both but the shops don't mention it to customers, it does confuse people.

thundaga
08-15-2007, 04:02 AM
nah i went into tennis warehouse australia and ordered the hard grommet but received the soft grommet. they didnt seem to know what i was talking about. would pulling off the rubber part work or would the leftover grommet be too thin?

grass_hopper
08-15-2007, 08:41 AM
pulling off the rubber part would not work. all US market racquets came with both set of grommets same as new speedport tour and black.

YOu should contact the prince rep in your town and get the hard grommet.

sharapovafreak
08-15-2007, 05:46 PM
The soft one will play fine with the right string and tension. I personally like the hard one better cause it feels better. The soft one just doesn't give me enough feel on volleys and finesse shots.

counterpuncher
08-15-2007, 07:19 PM
nah i went into tennis warehouse australia and ordered the hard grommet but received the soft grommet. they didnt seem to know what i was talking about.
I take it you're in Melbourne, so Prelli (around the corner from TWA) would be your best bet.

thundaga
08-15-2007, 09:03 PM
thanks guys. yeah i have no problems at all with the soft grommet, although drop volleys need some serious finesse. i've got 2 o3 whites, just wanted to try the hard grommet. thanks for your help!

thundaga
09-11-2007, 05:18 AM
just wanted to mention that tennis warehouse australia got in contact with me after actually reading this topic. i was very impressed! they ordered in 2 hard grommets for me and gave me a very good deal for the confusion! cant wait to get them put in to see what difference it makes!

returning2tennis
09-18-2007, 10:19 PM
pulling off the rubber part would not work. all US market racquets came with both set of grommets same as new speedport tour and black.

YOu should contact the prince rep in your town and get the hard grommet.

Not according to my local shop. They've never heard of the hard grommet. Then again, I didn't talk to the owner. Still the Whites on the wall have only the soft grommet already in place. Speedports had the O port guides in the packaging though...