PDA

View Full Version : Oh yeah, I forgot...

saram
08-13-2007, 09:51 PM
To all those talking about Roger's backhand and now it sucks....and the comparisson between one and two handed backhands....Roger is #1 in the world....one handed backhand. Been there for three years. Get over it. He rocks....and so does his backhand...

Disclaimer: I am not a Fed Fan

P.S. If you think Roger should retire after three or four losses...take a look at Pete and Rod's records...

And then get real...

Roger Federer: G.O.A.T.....

rommil
08-13-2007, 10:00 PM
In a way it's good that Federer lost to Djokovic. A Federer loss is almost a guarantee of a very good match. Now I am wondering if Federer is looking to step it up a bit which always means something very good. Federer is my GOAT.

Zaragoza
08-14-2007, 05:55 PM

I was agree with your post until I read this, it sounds like an overreaction to other threads. Federer cannot be considered the GOAT right now, we will see in a few years.

Silent
08-14-2007, 06:00 PM
Federer sucks, didn't you guys read the memo ?

His backhand doesn't suck. I'm willing to bet many atp players would like to have a backhand like his. But in his loss against Djokovic, in this particular match, he wasn't able to use it as a weapon.

tennispro11
08-14-2007, 06:09 PM
To all those talking about Roger's backhand and now it sucks....and the comparisson between one and two handed backhands....Roger is #1 in the world....one handed backhand. Been there for three years. Get over it. He rocks....and so does his backhand...

Disclaimer: I am not a Fed Fan

P.S. If you think Roger should retire after three or four losses...take a look at Pete and Rod's records...

And then get real...

Completely agree with you man. I think when Federer loses it pushes him to work that much harder. A loss to him shows that he needs to work on things in his mind. So when he works that much harder, he is that much better.

daddy
08-14-2007, 06:14 PM
Federer sucks, didn't you guys read the memo ?

His backhand doesn't suck. I'm willing to bet many atp players would like to have a backhand like his. But in his loss against Djokovic, in this particular match, he wasn't able to use it as a weapon.

100% on with this. Anyways Id say when he has a good bh day hes so tough to beat but once again, and Ive seen this written many times, 2hbh is consistent and fed is not so consistent. Anyways lets just say that I firmly believve he should work on his backhand more than on anything else, and if he does he can make it more consistent and dominate for couple yrs more .. He is a though guy, mentally and phisicly so I do believe he will improve what he needs to but he has 3 years more max in the top, others have 6 - 7, theres obvious gap for ppl like rafa and murray and djoko and bagdat and others .. Wh will preveil, remains to be seen.

Challenger
08-14-2007, 06:15 PM
I don't think anyone is saying his backhand sucks, but it is the main reason he loses against Nadal, and the reason he lost to Djokovic. They have a tendency to pick on that side, mainly because they know it's his most vulnerable side. That's not to say it's bad, it just means it's probably the weakest component of his game compared to his serves, forehand, movement, etc.