PDA

View Full Version : Curse Of Chucky: Hingis Succubus On The Loose

Mike Bulgakov
08-14-2007, 02:10 AM
Be careful Roger Federer as the Hingis succubus is on the loose. Martina Hingis rides the ATP night in search of renewed tennis mojo. Count Radek Drakula escaped her clutches and has regained his game, but like belladonna Hingis can now rule the Federer night.

Sweet dreams Roger, Martina will get you. Never underestimate Chucky's nightshade brew: belladonna one night, henbane or mandrake the next. Watch out or 2008 will see you as a teaching pro in Basel and Martina Hingis back at number one.

Yes Roger, Chucky will get you.

Wuornos
08-14-2007, 02:34 AM
Is Chucky from Toy Story?

Mike Bulgakov
08-14-2007, 08:46 PM

Chucky is the villain from the schlocky Hollywood horror film franchise Child's Play. The way Hingis would carve players with her game and words reminded some of Chucky, resulting in her nickname.

nikdom
08-14-2007, 08:53 PM
Rofl.....:d

TennisandMusic
08-14-2007, 09:33 PM
Chucky is the villain from the schlocky Hollywood horror film franchise Child's Play. The way Hingis would carve players with her game and words reminded some of Chucky, resulting in her nickname.

I thought it had more to do with her huge forehead and smile....

Mike Bulgakov
08-14-2007, 09:37 PM
The giant smile while carving was a key reason for the nickname.

ShcMad
08-14-2007, 09:50 PM
You know what's funny? The fact that Stepanek was able to "out-Hingis" Hingis at her own game. Ever since they became engaged, Stepanek's game has been rising and Hingis has been losing in early rounds of tournaments.

_mats_
08-14-2007, 09:54 PM
huge forehand and smile? or huge foreHEAD you mean?? too much tennis around here ! :)

TennisandMusic
08-14-2007, 10:35 PM
huge forehand and smile? or huge foreHEAD you mean?? too much tennis around here ! :)

Yeah I just caught it. Way too much tennis on the brain.

Wuornos
08-14-2007, 10:38 PM

Thanks for that, now I understand. I shall have to look up some Hingis quotes, this is something I' ve missed out on. :)

Volly master
08-15-2007, 03:19 AM
Calling hingis Chucky is a bit extreme.

besides, its not like Federer is single ;)

Mike Bulgakov
08-15-2007, 11:18 PM
Beware the black widow...

Jon Henderson
Sunday January 14, 2007
The Observer

Players on the men's tour must be wondering whether going out with Martina Hingis is just too risky - particularly if they read the American publication Tennis. The magazine has just listed Hingis's beaux who have suffered injuries. The item is tastefully headlined: 'The Black Widow - Martina Hingis mates, then she kills (OK, maims)'. The American Justin Gimelstob, Spain's Julian Alonso, Magnus Norman of Sweden and the Czech Radek Stepanek have all been afflicted by what really does appear to be a dangerous liaison. There are photographs of each of this quartet looking distressed, together with one of Hingis wearing a knowing smile and a black tennis dress. And it's only the tennis players who seem to suffer. The golfer Sergio Garcia and ice hockey pro Pavel Kubina have emerged unscathed from having Hingis (who recently announced her engagement to Stepanek) bestow her favours upon them.

Add Sergio (can't count strokes) Garcia to the list of scathed.

origmarm
08-15-2007, 11:48 PM

Speechless :)

Mike Bulgakov
08-17-2007, 02:56 AM
Speechless :)

Toy Story would have been a vastly different and probably much more entertaining film if Chucky was thrown into the mix.

origmarm
08-17-2007, 03:12 AM
Toy Story would have been a vastly different and probably much more entertaining film if Chucky was thrown into the mix.

Agreed, that would have been an amazing film!

Ronaldo
08-17-2007, 03:28 AM
You know what's funny? The fact that Stepanek was able to "out-Hingis" Hingis at her own game. Ever since they became engaged, Stepanek's game has been rising and Hingis has been losing in early rounds of tournaments.

Truly the worm has turned but the curse be neverending, look at Sergio.

ChipNCharge
08-17-2007, 11:09 AM
besides, its not like Federer is single ;)

When did Federer get married?

natasha_nana
08-17-2007, 11:17 AM
When did Federer get married?

He didn't but he's been with Mirka for 7 years...so I'd say he's pretty taken.

But yeah..run Roger run...I can think of nothing worse than Hingis hooking up with Federer. :shock:

tenis
08-17-2007, 11:45 AM
Tennis magazine is 50% crap!

GRANITECHIEF
08-17-2007, 11:49 AM
That means its easier to recycle.

Ronaldo
08-17-2007, 12:42 PM
If Martina's beaus are getting uglier by the year, what does this say about the Federator?

natasha_nana
08-17-2007, 01:02 PM
If Martina's beaus are getting uglier by the year, what does this say about the Federator?

Hopefully that he is safe ;)

Mike Bulgakov
08-18-2007, 02:28 AM
Once Roger succumbs to Martina, it won't be long before he is driving a moped to his teaching pro job in Basel and Hingis is lifting the Wimbledon trophy.

Mickey Finn
08-18-2007, 10:20 PM
Martina Hingis is hot. She can ride her Yonex broomstick and land in my dreams anytime.

Mike Bulgakov
08-18-2007, 11:26 PM
Martina Hingis is hot. She can ride her Yonex broomstick and land in my dreams anytime.

Yes, Hingis is hot. This is exactly why Federer will be riding his moped to his teaching pro job in Basel next year.

Mickey Finn
08-21-2007, 02:22 AM
Yes, Hingis is hot. This is exactly why Federer will be riding his moped to his teaching pro job in Basel next year.

I guess when poor Federer reaches that point, Martina will have to seek out Nadal.

Ted Ghost Shackley
08-26-2007, 12:48 AM
I see that Martina Hingis is seeded #16 at the U.S. Open. I have only noticed her name in the Acura Classic (Carlsbad) draw since Wimbledon; has she been injured?

daddy
08-26-2007, 01:04 AM
I see that Martina Hingis is seeded #16 at the U.S. Open. I have only noticed her name in the Acura Classic (Carlsbad) draw since Wimbledon; has she been injured?

You did not hear ? A HUGE forHEAD is her problem as of late ( 26 or so years .. ) ..

scineram
08-26-2007, 01:16 PM
She misses the Worm.

tennispro11
08-26-2007, 01:19 PM
She misses the Worm.

I doubt that. She got tired of the worm because he tried to worm his way into her good graces. LOL! The succubus could come to my house anytime. Day or night! :D

Mickey Finn
08-27-2007, 08:58 PM
Hingis has a pretty good draw; if she is healthy, I see her making the quarterfinals at Flushing Meadows. It would be nice to see her make another run at a major.

Her ability to plan points as if playing chess, the way her soft hands can redirect a ball down the line, and her variation of spin and pace make her very enjoyable to watch in this era of bashing balls in set patterns while screaming.

charlottefromca
08-27-2007, 09:06 PM

she had a hip injury following Miami and then she had a shoulder or back injury (i forget).

She said at Acura Classic she was 100% but she lost early, who knows.. Martina may be 100% physical but she isn't mentally there.. she isn't match tough right now I think

Ted Ghost Shackley
08-31-2007, 01:33 AM
I watched recorded U.S. Open highlights and noticed that Hingis was hitting the ball very well, but at one point she clearly had serious back pain. Anyone know her current health status? She has an imaginative game and is fun to watch; I would like to see her go deep in the U.S. Open.

slammer
08-31-2007, 07:24 AM
Saw that too. She winced at one point...the commentators were talking about it. Must be the reason she was hitting slow on her serves (ok...even slower by hingis standard---the girl was hitting decent in her 1st round) she must be protecting that back injury.

wanna see more match from her. a respite from the thoughtless ball bashing by the big babes, at least.

I don't see her coming through though, she'd be facing heavy hitters back to back and this will take its toll on her small frame. movement is the key to her game...and a less than 100% Hingis will be blown out of court.

Mickey Finn
09-01-2007, 02:04 AM
The only current WTA player with close to the guile and chess skills of Martina Hingis is Anna Chakvetadze. I am really bored with the scream and bash game, and miss seeing Martina at the top. If Hingis retires, I hope she remains a role model for the younger players.

slammer
09-01-2007, 04:11 AM
I hope she wins and prove that there are more effective ways of winning than hitting your opponent off the court. I think she's the only one left of the old school tennis, the likes of evert, navratilova, graf...you can actually see them thinking on court.

The Belgians are more of a hybrid combination, leaning more to the powergame.

I don't have to watch the current one-dimensional tennis women played, I just have to hear it and know what happened. Ball thump coupled with a scream that ends with clap for winners or 'ohhhh' for errors....and the occasional high octave shriek reserved for mis-hits. The goal is to out-power and not to out-think an opponent. Even the introduction of on-court coaching supports the idea that the players are just muscles.

Ronaldo
09-01-2007, 10:44 AM
I hope she wins and prove that there are more effective ways of winning than hitting your opponent off the court. I think she's the only one left of the old school tennis, the likes of evert, navratilova, graf...you can actually see them thinking on court.

The Belgians are more of a hybrid combination, leaning more to the powergame.

I don't have to watch the current one-dimensional tennis women played, I just have to hear it and know what happened. Ball thump coupled with a scream that ends with clap for winners or 'ohhhh' for errors....and the occasional high octave shriek reserved for mis-hits. The goal is to out-power and not to out-think an opponent. Even the introduction of on-court coaching supports the idea that the players are just muscles.

With Shreikapova undone, leaves her side of the draw open for Hingis, Chakvetadze, and Schnyder. Adds a lil sick spin to the mix.

mentalcase
09-01-2007, 11:01 AM
man, I would be so happy if Martina made the final!!

skip1969
09-01-2007, 11:07 AM
hopefully, we will get to see what she looks like in today's match. but she looked to be in some discomfort in her last match. i agree that if she is having some health issues, she probably won't go far. unfortunately, cos i like watching her play.

Ronaldo
09-01-2007, 11:17 AM
man, I would be so happy if Martina made the final!!

Man, just happy if Michigan can score again against Appalachian State today. Happy days are here again!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mickey Finn
09-01-2007, 07:13 PM
I don't see Martina's body holding up much longer to the demands of today's game. In fact, I don't think many women will have long careers unless they figure out a way to slow down the game. Unless Martina sees good results soon, my guess is that she will retire before the end of next year. If this happens, I will miss her game.

Ossric
09-01-2007, 07:50 PM
He didn't but he's been with Mirka for 7 years...so I'd say he's pretty taken.

But yeah..run Roger run...I can think of nothing worse than Hingis hooking up with Federer. :shock:

They're both Swiss so I'm sure they've had a chance to get to know each other in the tennis world, I imagine if something was going to happen it would have already.

Ossric
09-01-2007, 07:51 PM
I guess when poor Federer reaches that point, Martina will have to seek out Nadal.

What are you talking about, she already got to Nadal...didn't you see his knees?

Mike Bulgakov
09-01-2007, 09:21 PM
post deleted.

Mike Bulgakov
09-05-2007, 12:23 AM
What are you talking about, she already got to Nadal...didn't you see his knees?

Maybe you are right about Hingis getting to Nadal first, and next year he will be the skinny guy wearing capris and making wages digging for clams on a Majorcan beach. I still suspect that the Hingis succubus demands nothing less than the full Federer mojo. The "Black Widow" wants a good Rogering.

Look for Martina to win the Grand Slam next year and appear on the cover of every Vogue, while Roger dutifully mows the Hingis lawn (or waxes her floor, depending on Martina's current fashion). And yes, Roger will someday soon ride his moped to that teaching pro job in Basel.

Mickey Finn
09-05-2007, 04:21 AM
The "Black Widow" searches for a good Rogering.

A good Rogering? No, she needs a good Mickeying!

Mike Bulgakov
09-07-2007, 12:47 AM
I'll stop amusing myself with "The Curse of Chucky" after this, but someone sent me this story from The Times of India, which I found amusing in light of Stepanek's renewed success starting only after the break-up process started.

Stepanek defends 'black widow' Hingis
20 Jan 2007, 2051 hrs IST,REUTERS

Print
 Save
 EMail
 Write to Editor

MELBOURNE, Jan 20: Radek Stepanek was adamant he had avoided being struck by the curse of the 'Black Widow'.

American 'Tennis' magazine dubbed Stepanek's fiancee Martina Hingis as 'the black widow of tennis' as she has dated a number of players on the men's circuit. Unfortunately for them, their union with Hingis unwittingly resulted in professional suicide.

Czech Stepanek dismissed the article, saying he had enjoyed the best season in his 10-year professional career since hooking up with Hingis early in 2006.

"I'm not paying much attention to those comments because everybody is different," Stepanek told reporters after bowing out in the third round.

"For me, this relationship so far is great. For the last year-and-a-half, I'm playing my best tennis. So these comments don't (relate to) our relationship."

However, the evidence suggests otherwise.

The 26-year-old Hingis's list of suitors include Justin Gimelstob, Julian Alonso and Sweden's Magnus Norman.

American Gimelstob has suffered from chronic back injuries since going out with the Swiss briefly in 1997.

CAREER OVER

Spain's Alonso was hailed as newcomer of the year in 1997 and reached 30th in the world in 1998, the year he began dating Hingis. By 2001 his career was effectively over.

Norman was ranked second in the world after reaching the French Open final in 2000, when he began seeing Hingis. He injured his hip the following season and disappeared from the circuit in 2003.

In 2006, Stepanek won his first ATP singles title in Rotterdam and climbed to a career-high eighth in the world last July.

His good fortune did not last long.

The following month he injured his back and was on the sidelines for the rest of his season.

Despite the ominous signs, Stepanek refused to acknowledge that his slice of bad luck had anything to do with Hingis.

"My doctor he said 'you can have it already for a couple of years'," Stepanek said.

"Suddenly, there is a million things that can bring up your injury and affect my right hand.

"So it is nothing to do with the private life or anything else."

Mickey Finn
09-07-2007, 04:14 AM
Given that the article is from 20 January 2007, it is ironic that Radek had a terrible year until his relationship with Martina was ending; he then regained his form and won a tournament and now looks to be on track for a return to the top ten. It is rather amusing.

Ian Paisley
09-09-2007, 09:45 PM
Wow! Martina has dated a lot of tennis players.

Ian Paisley
09-10-2007, 01:42 AM
Why would Roger be mowing Martina's lawn and waxing her floor? I am Scottish and haven't heard the term black widow regarding hurting boyfriends -- what does it mean?

Mike Bulgakov
09-10-2007, 03:13 AM
Why would Roger be mowing Martina's lawn and waxing her floor? I am Scottish and haven't heard the term black widow regarding hurting boyfriends -- what does it mean?

Regarding your first question, these euphemisms are best left unexplained. As for the second question, black widows are a North American spider whose females will eat the male after mating. Not a happy ending for the male. Anyway, I have had enough fun with the Hingis legend.

Ian Paisley
09-14-2007, 11:28 PM
:shock: thanks;)

pound cat
09-15-2007, 03:13 AM
Well, Sergio Garcia, her golfing boyfriend, almost won the British Open.

Ronaldo
09-15-2007, 05:43 AM
Well, Sergio Garcia, her golfing boyfriend, almost won the British Open.

Almost.............the curse of the black widow lives on

pound cat
09-15-2007, 05:51 AM

Black widows are warm climate spiders who, as soon as they have mated, kill their mate.

I bet you can think of some Black Widow Scottish women now. LOL

Mickey Finn
10-02-2007, 02:53 AM
There are rumours that Martina Hingis plans to retire next year. Anyone know more?

By Mark Ledsom

BERNE, Switzerland (Reuters) - Former world number one Martina Hingis has called an early end to her 2007 season after failing to recover from a string of injuries and health problems.

Hingis, 27, announced her decision via the organizers of the WTA tournament in her home city of Zurich, where she was due to play next week.

"I'm very disappointed that I have to withdraw from the Zurich Open," Hingis was quoted as saying in Thursday's statement.

"I've done everything I can to be able to compete, but since Key Biscayne I've had problems with my hip which are stopping me from playing any more tournaments this year and even from practicing properly."

Hingis' anticipated withdrawal from the event has led to Swiss media speculation about a possible retirement.

In Thursday's statement Hingis said she would take "as much time as it needs to get fully fit again."

Hingis has already announced her retirement from professional tennis once, hanging up her racket in 2003 after failing to overcome lingering ankle injuries.

Mike Bulgakov
11-02-2007, 05:21 PM
While Mirka can now rest easy, the rest of us will miss Martina. She had the softest hands since McEnroe and could redirect the ball better than anyone on the WTA. Best of luck to Martina.

http://www.theflowerpot.com/blog_en/uploaded_images/01-Martina-Hingis_-715310.jpg

TheNatural
11-02-2007, 05:37 PM
Roger is safe for now . Hingis is no longer on the loose

http://forum2.hingis.org/uploads/post-8652-1193842988_thumb.jpg
http://forum2.hingis.org/uploads/post-8652-1193933383.jpg

Mike Bulgakov
12-14-2007, 09:58 PM
Posted on Friday, December 14, 2007
Vaidisova, Stepanek apply for marriage license

Bradenton resident Nicole Vaidisova, the 12th-ranked women's tennis player in the world, has filed papers for a marriage license with men's professional tennis player Radek Stepanek, according to information received from the Manatee County Clerk of Circuit Court.

Vaidisova and Stepanek applied for the marriage license Dec. 10, and their names are on a public records list that will appear in Sunday's Herald.

Vaidisova's agent at IMG Academies, Olivier Van Lindonk, could not be reached for comment.

Stepanek was previously engaged to another tennis player, Martina Hingis, but the two broke off their engagement in August. It is speculated that Count Radek stole the "Curse of Chucky" powers from Hingis, who retired following a positive test for cocaine soon after ending her relationship with the Count.

Mr. Stepanek is now considered the favourite to win the Australian Open.

Stepanek and friends celebrate the Vaidisova Coup
http://mm.denik.cz/1/08/radek_stepanek_radost_denik-galerie.jpg

There is sympathy for Hingis now, as it was once assumed she had broken the engagement with Stepanek. Incredibly, that may not have been the case.

A happy Martina Hingis during the days of Stepanek's Jedi mind trick spell on her
http://english.people.com.cn/200703/13/images/soccer2.jpg