PDA

View Full Version : making a PD into a PDR

rosenstar
08-14-2007, 06:10 AM
I play with a PDR, but managed to get a hold of some PD's at a very cheap price. can anyone tell me where to put Lead tape on the PD so the static weight, balance and swing weight is as close as possible to that of a PDR?

ionutzakis
08-14-2007, 07:10 AM
you will not be able to do this, I've added lead on my PD+ and only got worse in regard to tennis elbow

nickb
08-14-2007, 07:11 AM
Sell them and get another PDR.

rosenstar
08-14-2007, 08:59 AM
you will not be able to do this, I've added lead on my PD+ and only got worse in regard to tennis elbow

Tennis elbow is not a problem. It's a result of incorrect technique or weak muscles in the forearm. I've never suffered from tennis elbow before, and I've always used very stiff and heavy frames.

Also, I'm using a PD standard so my results may be different.

SFrazeur
08-14-2007, 09:26 AM
Some people have problems with certain racqeuts regardless of the fact that they have great technique.

-SF

nickb
08-14-2007, 09:28 AM
Tennis elbow is not a problem. It's a result of incorrect technique or weak muscles in the forearm. I've never suffered from tennis elbow before, and I've always used very stiff and heavy frames.

Also, I'm using a PD standard so my results may be different.

You cant really get it to play like the PDR....its a waste of time. We get this all the time "how to make this play like this"....in short the answer is go buy the racquet you like.

grass_hopper
08-14-2007, 09:41 AM
trade them in and become happy.

SFrazeur
08-14-2007, 11:19 AM
Kind of funny; can you turn a Pure Drive into a Pure Drive Roddick? No. Can you take a Pure Drive and turn it into Roddick's Pure Drive? No, but close. . .

-SF

danix
08-14-2007, 11:41 AM
In addition to the extra weight, the PDR is stiffer than the PD, and of course has Cortex, which the older PDs did not.

I agree with the assessment - sell the PDs.

AlpineCadet
08-14-2007, 02:42 PM
I play with a PDR, but managed to get a hold of some PD's at a very cheap price. can anyone tell me where to put Lead tape on the PD so the static weight, balance and swing weight is as close as possible to that of a PDR?

Kind of funny; can you turn a Pure Drive into a Pure Drive Roddick? No. Can you take a Pure Drive and turn it into Roddick's Pure Drive? No, but close. . .

-SF

From what I've read, the PDR is just a heavier version of the PD, so having it professional customized/matched shouldn't be a problem. Keep in mind that the frames are slightly off in flex, so you won't get an identical feel between the two even though they are matched in weight distribution and balance. As to where the weight belongs, I have no idea. What area do you live in? I know of two shops that can professionally match your rackets if you are in the SoCal area.

nickb
08-14-2007, 03:42 PM
From what I've read, the PDR is just a heavier version of the PD, so having it professional customized/matched shouldn't be a problem. Keep in mind that the frames are slightly off in flex, so you won't get an identical feel between the two even though they are matched in weight distribution and balance. As to where the weight belongs, I have no idea. What area do you live in? I know of two shops that can professionally match your rackets if you are in the SoCal area.

What SF is saying is Roddick uses the PD team with some lead NOT the pure drive roddick....he could make his racquet into the one roddick uses but not the Pure Drive Roddick.

rosenstar
08-15-2007, 02:46 PM
What SF is saying is Roddick uses the PD team with some lead NOT the pure drive roddick....he could make his racquet into the one roddick uses but not the Pure Drive Roddick.

oh well... thanks any ways.

SFrazeur
08-15-2007, 02:48 PM
Yeah, what nickb wrote.

-SF

AlpineCadet
08-17-2007, 12:53 AM

So you can read minds over the internet, eh? Nice!