PDA

View Full Version : Donnay Pro One OS?

Dildor
08-14-2007, 06:24 AM
Just Curious, anybody try out this stick? Impressions? Reviews?

Dildor
08-15-2007, 05:04 AM
10 character bump

Amazing Larry
08-16-2007, 12:01 PM
i bought a pair on impulse on aug. 8th. i got them tues. they're both strung with babolat poly 17 @ 60#.

i hit with one of them on wed. and it was...interesting.

i haven't played with a nonwidebody racquet since 92 so it was definately different than my flexpoint radical os. massive amounts of topspin. more than i've ever had. i would say it was a little less powerful than my fxp rad os (well duh!) but i didn't really notice on my backhand (look ma! 2 hands!:p ). my forehand was really loopy with lotsa topspin. anytime i tried to flatten it out, it'd go long but it was only the first time i've hit with it, so i'll prolly get used to it and it'll just be fine! i should have another post for you after tomorrow!

Dildor
08-16-2007, 12:53 PM
i bought a pair on impulse on aug. 8th. i got them tues. they're both strung with babolat poly 17 @ 60#.

i hit with one of them on wed. and it was...interesting.

i haven't played with a nonwidebody racquet since 92 so it was definately different than my flexpoint radical os. massive amounts of topspin. more than i've ever had. i would say it was a little less powerful than my fxp rad os (well duh!) but i didn't really notice on my backhand (look ma! 2 hands!:p ). my forehand was really loopy with lotsa topspin. anytime i tried to flatten it out, it'd go long but it was only the first time i've hit with it, so i'll prolly get used to it and it'll just be fine! i should have another post for you after tomorrow!

Ahh, awesome. Thanks! I may have more questions!

Sinner
08-16-2007, 05:33 PM
I only spent 30 mins with mine... and being a current owner/user of a 4-stripe POG OS, I felt it was quite similar to my POG... the frame also felt a little stiffer as well... one thing I didn't like was the syn grip, which I replaced with leather... but thats just a personal preference... overall, I'm quite happy with the stick... still need to hit with it a bit more though to get a better idea...

guynamedsean
08-16-2007, 06:25 PM
how headlight is it now after switching the grip to leather? was it a foam pallet under the grip?

Sinner
08-16-2007, 08:20 PM
^ while I don't have the exact measurements, the leather grip did make the racquet more headlight than it initially was... and yes, it is foam handle...

markwillplay
09-06-2007, 10:53 AM
Sinner, can you compare your Donnay to your POG now after you have had it for some time?

armand
10-08-2007, 08:43 PM
~bump~

this looks like a great racquet

Oleg
10-08-2007, 09:02 PM
I demoed OS and MP for a week. OS not as stable in the hoop, not enough weight. Good control, good feel, but not enough swing weight for me. Mid Plus was more stable, more control, more feel, enough weight but more demanding in terms of hitting the sweet spot .