PDA

View Full Version : Sharapova haters, show some respect plz...

Federer_pilon
08-14-2007, 10:09 AM
http://stats.cbc.ca/tennis/story.asp?i=20070813213739820000101&ref=hea&tm=

J-man
08-14-2007, 10:23 AM
So. She's going back to Chernybol good for her. I'm glad. But people will still dislike her.

kay87
08-14-2007, 10:56 AM
I show my respect to Masha Sharapova by posting my favor Masha-pic:

http://imageshack.dk/imagesfull/51t17527.jpg

:mrgreen:

BHud
08-14-2007, 11:03 AM
Whoa...based on that pic, I wouldn't #@*^ her with kay87's $*#@!

FEDEXP
08-14-2007, 12:13 PM
Well if the banshee shreiks would stop I could actually watch her again.

sunflowerhx
08-14-2007, 01:10 PM

So what??

She donates a tiny proportion of her income which is probably offset against tax. In reality she is no worst off regardless.

People dislike her because of her on court manner.
When she and Venus play it devalues the beautiful game.

Tarqs
08-14-2007, 01:17 PM
Yeah seriously, she makes so much more than that, its like a tiny bump for her, and like sunflower said she probably gets a tax deduction for it.

lethalfang
08-14-2007, 01:50 PM
So what??

She donates a tiny proportion of her income which is probably offset against tax. In reality she is no worst off regardless.

Looking at your avatar, that racquet's head must be at least 90 sq. FOOT!

mentalcase
08-14-2007, 02:49 PM

Oh my...Is this recent?:confused:

hoosierbr
08-14-2007, 04:02 PM
Respect for what exactly?

Maria who's lived in the US since she was six and has reaped all the benefits without being a citizen and still considers herself Russian. Of course, the other Russians by and large don't want anything to do with her or her dad b/c they see right through her. Also why she hasn't yet played Fed Cup. They didn't want her on the team and then they relented only to have her withdraw more than once and now she won't be picked for the final, healthy or not.

So, again, respect for what?

Contrary to what you might think I'm more a fan of Sharapova than not. I'm a man and can't help but get an visceral pleasure watching her play.;)

tennispro11
08-14-2007, 04:17 PM
So what??

Well said.

daddy
08-14-2007, 04:23 PM
I am not sure you'll find support here, tenniswise she can cope with all the best players most of the time ( unles she breakes to pieces, which happened few times ) but rest of it is just awful, I think she is clear example of how you turn ugly when you let the media and attention get to you in a bad way .. Id say women are more prone to this ..

daddy
08-14-2007, 04:25 PM
Hey - forgot to say charity my ***. I think michael jackson would be at least king of the world or there about if we look at him thru how much he has donated .. ;)

phoony
08-14-2007, 05:52 PM
To haters,

First of all please bear in mind that Sharapova is a big donater. From what you can see thats no one in the WTA tour players do charity like her. Please name one...........????? No matter where she is on/off court she still the same kind hearted.

To supporters,

Yo yo.........Maria, we will always love you.

FedUp
08-14-2007, 07:50 PM

Must have been taken by a Powershot.;)

phoony
08-14-2007, 08:01 PM
Must have been taken by a Powershot.;)

Could you post more please.

kay87
08-14-2007, 08:10 PM
Oh my...Is this recent?:confused:

;)

It's from Maria's arrival to Melbourne (AO) January 2006.

sunflowerhx
08-15-2007, 02:02 AM
Looking at your avatar, that racquet's head must be at least 90 sq. FOOT!

Its actually a customised 88 sq foot. :-D

THUNDERVOLLEY
08-15-2007, 02:58 AM
Respect for what exactly?

Maria who's lived in the US since she was six and has reaped all the benefits without being a citizen and still considers herself Russian. Of course, the other Russians by and large don't want anything to do with her or her dad b/c they see right through her. Also why she hasn't yet played Fed Cup. They didn't want her on the team and then they relented only to have her withdraw more than once and now she won't be picked for the final, healthy or not.

So, again, respect for what?

Right on target!

origmarm
08-15-2007, 03:10 AM
I don't feel that her charitable leanings have any bearing on my eardrums. The day I can watch her play with the sound on is the day she earns some respect

CanadianChic
08-15-2007, 05:44 AM

Respect is earned, not a given (regardless of one's history). Besides, blatant photo ops are obnoxious.

deucecourt
08-15-2007, 06:09 AM
That emotionless robot doesn't even know where chernyobl is.. Why should we respect her. I will respect her when she stops shrieking.

IAMLegend
08-15-2007, 07:07 AM
To haters,

First of all please bear in mind that Sharapova is a big donater. From what you can see thats no one in the WTA tour players do charity like her. Please name one...........????? No matter where she is on/off court she still the same kind hearted.

To supporters,

I don't know how big of a "donater" she is, but if she were to pop a few of those zits she'd go a long way toward helping to alleviate the drought in the Sahel.:)

kay87
08-15-2007, 07:30 AM
http://imageshack.dk/imagesfree/tKT60736.jpg

kay87
08-15-2007, 07:37 AM
More pics from Melbourne 2006:

http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/5143/8nmarianarrowweb300x43108db.jpg

http://mashafan.free.fr/galeriephoto/albums/interview/confmelbourne/normal_mariaconf.jpg

http://image2.sina.com.cn/ty/t/p/2006-01-12/U1426P6T12D1988891F44DT20060112145830.jpeg

princess bossass
08-15-2007, 09:22 AM
The Chernobyl situation really affected Sharapova's parents, whom she seems very close to. It still very well may be an obnoxious photo-op, but not necessarily.

Did anyone see the Dementieva-Sharapova quarterfinal last week in Carlsbad? During one of the points in the last game, Sharapova was really shrieking, and Elena starting screaming back at her. Dementieva's no church-mouse herself, but it was pretty funny. The audience was half-laughing, but seemingly-half horrified that one of these girls was going to jump over the net and kill the other one. They showed some woman with her hand over her mouth, just gaping at the scene. Classic. Dementieva lost the point though. The handshake at net didn't look too friendly, either.

crazylevity
08-15-2007, 09:27 AM
To haters,

To supporters,

Firstly, it's DONOR. No such word as donater.

Even Justine Henin has a foundation for underprivileged children. Those take far more commitment, money and most importantly passion than a one off publicity stunt. Plenty of other WTA players do charity work, but none of them toot their own horn as much as Sharapova does.

Personally, I despise publicity stunts disguised as charitable activities.

kay87
08-15-2007, 10:53 AM
http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/9159/2012ixar2.jpg

:confused:

Challenger
08-15-2007, 11:08 AM
Firstly, it's DONOR. No such word as donater.

Even Justine Henin has a foundation for underprivileged children. Those take far more commitment, money and most importantly passion than a one off publicity stunt. Plenty of other WTA players do charity work, but none of them toot their own horn as much as Sharapova does.

Personally, I despise publicity stunts disguised as charitable activities.

Well, I agree to an extent. While using charities as publicity stunts is not as noble as contributing solely because it's the "right" thing to do, the less fortunate do end up benefiting from it regardless. In the end, isn't that what matters?

Whether you're giving money to poor child for fame or for righteousness, you're still giving your money, thus it's a good deed in my eyes. It's still better than the option of giving nothing at all.

Morpheus
08-15-2007, 11:52 AM
So. She's going back to Chernybol good for her. I'm glad. But people will still dislike her.

Chernybol...ah...now that explains the enormous shoulders, shrieky voice, and bad skin.

Alex132
08-15-2007, 01:03 PM
haters are haters...thats their way of thinking.

daddy
08-15-2007, 01:06 PM
Chernybol...ah...now that explains the enormous shoulders, shrieky voice, and bad skin.

This was by far the worst joke Ive heard in my life. Get a grip, dont be such an idiot you know.

atatu
08-15-2007, 01:30 PM
Here's a pretty good pic...of a pita sandwich...

http://www.offthebaseline.com/index.php

masha4ever#1
08-15-2007, 02:38 PM
To haters,

To supporters,

You're damn right. We will always love and support her. C'mon Maria!!!!!!!!!!! She is the true champion!!!!!!!!

tennispro11
08-15-2007, 02:53 PM
You're damn right. We will always love and support her. C'mon Maria!!!!!!!!!!! She is the true champion!!!!!!!!

................That is some pretty funny stuff. No way she is the "true" champion. Justine Henin is by far a better champion. Plus she doesn't shriek either, so that helps.

Eviscerator
08-15-2007, 03:27 PM
"Sharapova haters"

Define what you mean by haters :confused:

masha4ever#1
08-15-2007, 03:28 PM
[QUOTE=tennispro11;1668676]................That is some pretty funny stuff. No way she is the "true" champion. Justine Henin is by far a better champion. Plus she doesn't shriek either, so that helps.[/QUOTE

.......well I don't think it's that funny. Maria won Wimbledon at the age of 17 and the US Open last year........so it's that simple she has become a real champion over the last years. Btw she has already played a pretty flawless and smooth hardcourt season too, but unfortunatley nobody cares about that:confused: I simply don't understand why everybody tries to run her achievments down. :-(

The shrieking doesn't bother me at all, it's her way to play, and it's by far not the reason we she has won so much tournaments.:grin:

masha4ever#1
08-15-2007, 03:59 PM
sry i mean so many tournamente

Flyingpanda
08-15-2007, 04:06 PM
I don't hate or like her that much, but how does donating money make her suddenly a good person. Isn't that essentially buying your respect?

daddy
08-15-2007, 04:20 PM
[QUOTE=tennispro11;1668676]................That is some pretty funny stuff. No way she is the "true" champion. Justine Henin is by far a better champion. Plus she doesn't shriek either, so that helps.[/QUOTE

.......well I don't think it's that funny. Maria won Wimbledon at the age of 17 and the US Open last year........so it's that simple she has become a real champion over the last years. Btw she has already played a pretty flawless and smooth hardcourt season too, but unfortunatley nobody cares about that:confused: I simply don't understand why everybody tries to run her achievments down. :-(

The shrieking doesn't bother me at all, it's her way to play, and it's by far not the reason we she has won so much tournaments.:grin:

For a champ to be overwhelmingly beaten 6-1 in 2 sets several times, most notably from serena ( who - this has to be said, plays whenever she feels like she needs a pocket money to spend ) - is a disaster right ?

daddy
08-15-2007, 04:23 PM
I don't hate or like her that much, but how does donating money make her suddenly a good person. Isn't that essentially buying your respect?

Ill quote myself here but this is a good one : Im sooo happy that most important things in life cannot be bought ! Otherwise it would not be worth living !

Theres also another saying - even the rich ppl cry .. ;) Charity is charity, character has nothing to do with it. They all have some special places and are close to some things where they feel they should return at least part of the earnings and help. Its not somthing she invented so drop the issue about her being a sweety b/c of this.

phoony
08-15-2007, 07:37 PM
Well, I agree to an extent. While using charities as publicity stunts is not as noble as contributing solely because it's the "right" thing to do, the less fortunate do end up benefiting from it regardless. In the end, isn't that what matters?

Whether you're giving money to poor child for fame or for righteousness, you're still giving your money, thus it's a good deed in my eyes. It's still better than the option of giving nothing at all.

Firstly thanks for your correction. Thanks teacher. Secondly and lastly please bear in mind thats no one 100% perfect in this world so to Maria. By the way thanks for reading this thread which mean a lot of haters do pay much attention at her. I'm doubting about you all. If you all like Maria just said it out, no need to pretend hating her. Oh c'mon you guys & gals there. Haha........... ;)

KerryJ
08-15-2007, 07:57 PM
I show my respect by sharing some of my favorite sharapova photos.

http://i10.tinypic.com/5224vfa.jpg

http://i15.tinypic.com/626feqe.jpg

http://i17.tinypic.com/4ziwsvp.jpg

http://i14.tinypic.com/4tpmf88.jpg

masha4ever#1
08-16-2007, 05:03 AM

I don't think that Masha donates money to earn respect, she simple doesn't need to. And btw most people like and admire her b/c of her success in tennis!!!!

Her donations just show her warm-hearted character once again....and please tell me another tennis player on the WTA tour, who donates like her!

masha4ever#1
08-16-2007, 05:38 AM
@KerryJ

really nice pics:grin:

this is one of my fav recent pics:

http://sharapovazone.com/pictures/albums/wpw-20070814/mariaphotoshoot10.jpg

masha4ever#1
08-16-2007, 06:10 AM
[QUOTE=masha4ever#1;1668762]

For a champ to be overwhelmingly beaten 6-1 in 2 sets several times, most notably from serena ( who - this has to be said, plays whenever she feels like she needs a pocket money to spend ) - is a disaster right ?

I hope you know, that Maria struggled with a shoulder and hamstring injury when she lost to Serena and later on to Venus. Especially in Wimbledon Maria said herself that she couldn't expect a lot from her shoulder, but she improved her play from round to round.....and at least this revealed her fighting-spirit and her desire to compete.

Btw I'm pretty looking forward to the US Open, so excited, when Maria is going to defend her title and kick some ***!!!!!!!:-D :-D :-D

Char
08-16-2007, 06:20 AM
I don't feel that her charitable leanings have any bearing on my eardrums. The day I can watch her play with the sound on is the day she earns some respect

I far prefer Maria with the sound on than Ana. At least Maria sounds aggressive. Ana's "ah-eh-uh" on every hit just drives me nuts. Sounds like a hiccup or a sneeze or something. I honestly cant see the infatuation with Ana, but to each their own.

daddy
08-16-2007, 07:07 AM
I far prefer Maria with the sound on than Ana. At least Maria sounds aggressive. Ana's "ah-eh-uh" on every hit just drives me nuts. Sounds like a hiccup or a sneeze or something. I honestly cant see the infatuation with Ana, but to each their own.

I bet thats who it is. She is the rpettyer of the two by far right ? ;) Plays better and so on .. Well well, we all are entitled to opinions but check yours in sometime ..
how wrong are you and you dont even know it.

daddy
08-16-2007, 07:08 AM
[QUOTE=daddy;1668833]

I hope you know, that Maria struggled with a shoulder and hamstring injury when she lost to Serena and later on to Venus. Especially in Wimbledon Maria said herself that she couldn't expect a lot from her shoulder, but she improved her play from round to round.....and at least this revealed her fighting-spirit and her desire to compete.

Btw I'm pretty looking forward to the US Open, so excited, when Maria is going to defend her title and kick some ***!!!!!!!:-D :-D :-D

Up there was my quote, dont mess with it if you dont know how. Maria will be a contender, when shes thrown out I hope shell manage to get at least a couple of games to here credit !

masha4ever#1
08-16-2007, 09:08 AM
[QUOTE=masha4ever#1;1670042]

Up there was my quote, dont mess with it if you dont know how. Maria will be a contender, when shes thrown out I hope shell manage to get at least a couple of games to here credit !

Oh I'm so sorry about that...what a mistake....I hope you aren't to upset right now!!!!!!!!!:-D

masha4ever#1
08-16-2007, 09:21 AM
@ daddy

Ok I want do apologize for my wrong quotes....but it simply doesn't work right if I press the "quote-button"

and btw you did it wrong as well

masha4ever#1
08-16-2007, 09:50 AM
@ daddy

Maria isn't just a contender.....she is the defending champion and has by far the greatest chances to win the US Open again.

It's that obvious Maria and Ana are the best hardcourt players on the tour. But I'm the opinion that if it comes to a direct competiton, Masha'll take home the match.

And if you watched Maria's last matches in San Diego and LA, you'd surely know that she improved her serve and footwork.

Another point that speaks for Maria: Hardcourt is her best surface and fits her play (powerful groundstrokes, big serve) best.;)

theballboy
08-16-2007, 10:55 AM
@ daddy

Maria isn't just a contender.....she is the defending champion and has by far the greatest chances to win the US Open again.

No she doesn't. In case you haven't realized, Serena was the last player to win a slam on hardcourts, beating Maria (quite mercilessly) in the finals. And she, if not Henin, will be the favorite going into the Open.

It's that obvious Maria and Ana are the best hardcourt players on the tour. But I'm the opinion that if it comes to a direct competiton, Masha'll take home the match.
Obvious how? Serena, on top of the AO, won Miami, a tier I, spanking Maria in the fourth round there. Ana's lost in the first round of the tournament where she was defending champion just this week.

And if you watched Maria's last matches in San Diego and LA, you'd surely know that she improved her serve and footwork.
No she hasn't. Her serve fell apart against Dementieva in LA. And it's been weaker than it ever was last year.

If Maria makes it to the semis, I'll be impressed.

masha4ever#1
08-16-2007, 12:33 PM
No she doesn't. In case you haven't realized, Serena was the last player to win a slam on hardcourts, beating Maria (quite mercilessly) in the finals. And she, if not Henin, will be the favorite going into the Open.

Oh come on....Maria lost the AO to Serena...ok.....but like I said before she had to struggle with a hamstring injury. Furthermore Maria didn't play a lot of "preparation-tournaments"...so she wasn't 100% ready to win the AO (unfortunatley). Henin is a great player for sure, but I don't think she is in good shape right now. (Suai Peng gives her a lot of trouble today!!!)

Obvious how? Serena, on top of the AO, won Miami, a tier I, spanking Maria in the fourth round there. Ana's lost in the first round of the tournament where she was defending champion just this week.

I respect Serena's achievements this seasion. But when did she celebrate her victories....yes...at the beginnig of the season (especially the AO victory)...absolutely too long ago.Her shape is too weak right now to predict her successful US Open. Btw Maria's triumph is just one weak ago....and as you know San Diego is a tier 1 too;)

No she hasn't. Her serve fell apart against Dementieva in LA. And it's been weaker than it ever was last year.

"fell apart" that's a really fun stuff. Maria's serve was pretty good....compared to Dementieva's it was deathly. Overall i don't think that Maria's serve is so weak. Her first serve percentage was almost about 76% and her winners percentage was about 82% in her semifinal match against Chakvetadze in San Diego. Obviously her serve isn't that bad, isn't it!!!!!!!!!!!!!:grin: ;)

If Maria makes it to the semis, I'll be impressed.

if Maria doesn't make it to the semis, I'll be surprised