PDA

View Full Version : Fischer Pro No One versions

JediMindTrick
08-14-2007, 11:20 AM
Is the red/black Fischer Pro One the same as the red/silver Pro One?

racquetfreak777
09-02-2007, 08:40 PM
I think they are the same, but I'm not sure.

0d1n
09-03-2007, 02:12 AM
No it is not. The black/red is the generation before the M-Speeds. It swings much lighter than the red/silver, has a smaller sweet area, and the "feel" isn't really the same.
The red/silver pro 1, is 3 generations before the MSpeed and is basically the VT Pro 98 with a paint job as the differences between them are minuscule if there at all. It's more solid, heavier swinging and with a bigger sweet spot than the black/red.
Some might say it is a crisper MSpeed with a bit of a higher SW :).

AAAA
09-03-2007, 04:45 AM
No it is not. The black/red is the generation before the M-Speeds. It swings much lighter than the red/silver, has a smaller sweet area, and the "feel" isn't really the same.
The red/silver pro 1, is 3 generations before the MSpeed and is basically the VT Pro 98 with a paint job as the differences between them are minuscule if there at all. It's more solid, heavier swinging and with a bigger sweet spot than the black/red.
Some might say it is a crisper MSpeed with a bit of a higher SW :).

what Od1n said. On some european sites I did see the 330g version of the black/red Pro #1 and that might play similar to the silver/red 330g pro #1. I have the 320g black/red pro #1 and that is as Od1n described. I have a euro sourced Vacuum Pro spin 98" which is identical to a VT pro 98" apart from a 16X18 string pattern instead of the 16x20 of the VT pro. It's way more solid, bigger sweet spot/powerzone, different feel to the 320g red/black Pro #1.

0d1n
09-03-2007, 05:00 AM
what Od1n said. On some european sites I did see the 330g version of the black/red Pro #1 and that might play similar to the silver/red 330g pro #1. I have the 320g black/red pro #1 and that is as Od1n described. I have a euro sourced Vacuum Pro spin 98" which is identical to a VT pro 98" apart from a 16X18 string pattern instead of the 16x20 of the VT pro. It's way more solid, bigger sweet spot/powerzone, different feel to the 320g red/black Pro #1.

Nope, unfortunately not :(. I had a 330 grams version (although the Black/Red/White version ...2 generations before the MSpeed and 1 generation before the all black/red one...but I don't think those two were that different ...). Same comments pretty much apply with regards to small sweet area and lighter SW.
Even though the MSpeeds are 10 grams lighter they are more solid, better feel (for me) and have a much larger area where the response is predictable (i.e bigger sweet spot). Very much preferable IMO to both the black/red/white and the black/red versions.
Now if somebody can get his hands on a Austrian Made VT Pro 98, or red/silver Pro no 1....I would say to do it quickly, it's a far better racket (for most) than the black/red, black/red/white versions.
So, if I were you I would either buy the red/silver one (if you can) or an MSpeed...they are both superior to the black/red version.

AAAA
09-03-2007, 06:23 AM
Nope, unfortunately not :(. I had a 330 grams version (although the Black/Red/White version ...2 generations before the MSpeed and 1 generation before the all black/red one...but I don't think those two were that different ...). Same comments pretty much apply with regards to small sweet area and lighter SW.
Even though the MSpeeds are 10 grams lighter they are more solid, better feel (for me) and have a much larger area where the response is predictable (i.e bigger sweet spot). Very much preferable IMO to both the black/red/white and the black/red versions.
Now if somebody can get his hands on a Austrian Made VT Pro 98, or red/silver Pro no 1....I would say to do it quickly, it's a far better racket (for most) than the black/red, black/red/white versions.
So, if I were you I would either buy the red/silver one (if you can) or an MSpeed...they are both superior to the black/red version.

Always interesting talking to a Fischer user since there aren't many around here. Od1n is the Mspeed more powerful than the 320g red/black Pro #1? Is it stiffer but still flexible feeling?

0d1n
09-05-2007, 01:52 AM
Always interesting talking to a Fischer user since there aren't many around here. Od1n is the Mspeed more powerful than the 320g red/black Pro #1? Is it stiffer but still flexible feeling?

I'm in Europe...and only had access to the 330 grams "heavy" versions and the 295 ?!? (I think) grams light versions.
Never bothered to seriously play test the 295 g versions though.
With the MSpeed there is no 330 grams version (as far as I know), it's 320 grams for the SL version and 295 for the UL versions all over the world.

onkystomper
09-05-2007, 02:39 AM

Nope the red black 320 version is stiffer and more powerful than the Mspeed. It has a smaller sweetspot too.

AAAA
09-05-2007, 08:36 AM
Nope the red black 320 version is stiffer and more powerful than the Mspeed. It has a smaller sweetspot too.

I expected the Mspeed to be more powerful due to current fad for powerful racquets.

tarkowski
09-05-2007, 08:47 AM

Hi Od1n,

Have you had a chance to play the mComp 95? If so, can you compare it to these older Fischers and the mSpeeds? Thanks much!

0d1n
09-05-2007, 09:27 AM
Hi Od1n,

Have you had a chance to play the mComp 95? If so, can you compare it to these older Fischers and the mSpeeds? Thanks much!

Sorry, didn't get the chance to hit with any "No tolerance" rackets yet. I would certainly like to try them ... and maybe the Magnetic Tour 100 (SL Version) just for fun.

09-06-2007, 01:18 PM
I've owned all versions of the VT98 Pro right thru from the Kafelnikov (red/black/yellow) to the current MSpeed 98 and would say the 320g black/red/white circa 2002-5 is the most powerful (and least like a Pro 1 is supposed to play), followed by the current MSpeed 98 heavy. Red/Silver 1999-2001 330g felt like it had a bit more SW than previous VT98 Pro (which I still own). The GAMMA-era 320g Pro 1 is nothing like the VT98 Pro or Red/Silver, or current MSpeed heavy. Suprisingly, the current MSpeed feels a lot like the VT98 and Red/Silver despite not having ceramics in the layup.

nickynu
06-03-2008, 03:51 PM
Im looking for some vt98 pro 330g or Pro no1 (red/silver) (red/white/Black) anybody got any ideas where i might get hold of any of these frames in grip 2 or 3 ? cos Im not having much luck

nickb
06-03-2008, 03:56 PM
Hey Nick,

Why do you want the silver fischers? Because they play better or different to the ones you have now?

Nick :)

0d1n
06-04-2008, 12:38 AM
Im looking for some vt98 pro 330g or Pro no1 (red/silver) (red/white/Black) anybody got any ideas where i might get hold of any of these frames in grip 2 or 3 ? cos Im not having much luck

I know a website in Germany that sells the Red/Silver version of the Pro no 1 new for a very good price (for us Europeans at least ...).
Email me if interested ... I tried to answer to your thread in the "wanted" section but my post didn't show up ... it was probably filtered / deleted by some moderator. Your profile doesn't allow me to email you...

nickynu
06-04-2008, 03:44 PM
Hey Nick,

Why do you want the silver fischers? Because they play better or different to the ones you have now?

Nick :)

Yeah I think they did play differently somehow, hard to explain and maybe its just in my head but they were somehow crisper (without being stiffer)

God knows what the heck the Sam Smith one was, but that was totally different again.

nickynu
06-04-2008, 03:45 PM
I know a website in Germany that sells the Red/Silver version of the Pro no 1 new for a very good price (for us Europeans at least ...).
Email me if interested ... I tried to answer to your thread in the "wanted" section but my post didn't show up ... it was probably filtered / deleted by some moderator. Your profile doesn't allow me to email you...

Hi thanks so much for the reply, I have sent you an email, best wishes Nick

Ross K
06-04-2008, 10:59 PM
Yeah I think they did play differently somehow, hard to explain and maybe its just in my head but they were somehow crisper (without being stiffer)

God knows what the heck the Sam Smith one was, but that was totally different again.

It was pretty, er, 'unique' eh?! I must say though, I really loved it on the fh side.

0d1n
06-05-2008, 12:19 AM
Hi thanks so much for the reply, I have sent you an email, best wishes Nick

You have mail ;)

nickynu
06-05-2008, 04:02 PM

It was pretty, er, 'unique' eh?! I must say though, I really loved it on the fh side.

Yeah I know time it right, and it was like a shotgun (both sound and velocity) If you got it wrong YEEEOOWWCHHH!

eman resu
09-10-2014, 06:48 PM
http://img.bomnegocio.com/images/20/2014723359.jpg

Which versions are those on the Picture, excluding the Wilson HPS? Assuming they're Pro no Ones, There are two of the red/silver and one of the black/red/White (which is different from the black and red). Is that correct? Could you provide me the correct names, specs or any link that refers to each version? Fischer always confuses me...

McLovin
09-11-2014, 03:34 AM
The outer ones are the Pro No 1 circa 2000:
http://wayback.archive.org/web/20010106173600/http://www2.tennis-warehouse.com/racpage.html?PCODE=FP1

The inner one looks similar to the Pro No 1 circa 2004:
http://wayback.archive.org/web/20040612085720/http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpageRCGAMMA-FP1.html
but maybe a different PJ? The silver stripe at 10 o'clock (looking at the photo) is throwing me off.

eman resu
09-11-2014, 04:26 AM
The outer ones are the Pro No 1 circa 2000:
http://wayback.archive.org/web/20010106173600/http://www2.tennis-warehouse.com/racpage.html?PCODE=FP1

The inner one looks similar to the Pro No 1 circa 2004:
http://wayback.archive.org/web/20040612085720/http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpageRCGAMMA-FP1.html
but maybe a different PJ? The silver stripe at 10 o'clock (looking at the photo) is throwing me off.

Thanks. I've seen pics of this silver striped pj on the internet, but I can't find na exact definition.

The other one looks exactly like a racquet I used to play with. It was yellow instead of red, and was called the "pro tour" or something like that, vaccum technology. The only racquet to ever give me TE, a big surprise coming from Fischer and its reputation on being flexible. I couldn't find anything about it online, though. Looks like the Pro Classic TW used to sell, but a lot lighter, 295g unstrung, balance 325mm, if I recall correctly. It didn't say "classic" for sure. Could it have been a cheaper frame?

jorel
09-11-2014, 05:53 AM

Which versions are those on the Picture, excluding the Wilson HPS? Assuming they're Pro no Ones, There are two of the red/silver and one of the black/red/White (which is different from the black and red). Is that correct? Could you provide me the correct names, specs or any link that refers to each version? Fischer always confuses me...
thtats one impressive collection...those would serve u well for the rest of your life

jorel
09-11-2014, 05:54 AM

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/Reviews/FP1/FP1Review.html

for the red and silver one

eman resu
09-11-2014, 06:54 AM
thtats one impressive collection...those would serve u well for the rest of your life

I wish it were mine... :)
But I'm only interested in the black one, as the silver and red reminds me too much of TE.

jorel
09-11-2014, 07:45 AM
I wish it were mine... :)
But I'm only interested in the black one, as the silver and red reminds me too much of TE.

the 330g versions are the same but

the red black and white one was only available in the US in the 320 g version...a little lighter than the silver red 330 g version one...but ive seen the 330g version one in black red and white from outside the US