PDA

View Full Version : Quality Control with K-Factor 6.1?

PureCarlosMoyaDrive
08-14-2007, 11:19 AM
I have 3 K-Factor 6.1 16x18's and I swear that all of them have noticeably different weights.

They obviously are not teams as the numbers inside the throat all match perfectly (and they are 16x18), and I was wondering if anyone else is having trouble finding a couple sticks that all feel the same

Pr0DiGy
08-14-2007, 11:23 AM
Wilson has been reputed to have poor quality control. More than 10 grams difference have been reported. If you order from TW, I think they can do their best to find a racket with close specs to one's you provide.

AndrewD
08-14-2007, 11:58 AM
LOL, my brother bought two nSix-One 95s from reputable stores, on in Australia and one in the United States. The first was 26.5 inches long and the second was 26.75 inches long. Wilson (in Australia) replaced them but it's still the shoddies qc I've seen.

Ninja
08-14-2007, 12:00 PM
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=150702
Check my thread and you will find what beside you and me there is alot of other ppl with same problem.

drakulie
08-14-2007, 12:02 PM
I have two of them and they are identical:

12.6 ounces
6 points head light
346 SW
68 stiffness

regentville
08-14-2007, 04:24 PM
Many issues with the quality and differences of this racquet. Check out my review here:

http://www.regentville.com/2007/08/wilson-k-six-one-95-differences.html

tarkowski
08-14-2007, 08:00 PM
Wilson has been reputed to have poor quality control. More than 10 grams difference have been reported. If you order from TW, I think they can do their best to find a racket with close specs to one's you provide.

I agree. I purchased a couple of k61 tours and they were 10 grams apart - each was 5 grams over/under spec.

I purchased 3 more from TW and had them matched and they are completely true to spec - all the same weight and balance.

When ordering from TW - call them and ask to have them matched. I did and am very pleased.

alm
08-15-2007, 03:22 AM
Many issues with the quality and differences of this racquet. Check out my review here:

http://www.regentville.com/2007/08/wilson-k-six-one-95-differences.html
Interesting read, regentville. That has put me off even considering a Wilson K Factor frame. When I'm looking for a new frame, I demo a racquet and if I'm happy with it, I usually buy 2. It would annoy the hell out of me if the grip size, balance or weight differred from one frame to the other!

I generally like Wilson frames and played with the ProStaff 6.1 for a number of years. However, there was a significant weight difference between early white-buttcap 6.1s and late black-buttcap 6.1s! That is unacceptable and disappointing, in my opnion.

nickarnold2000
08-15-2007, 05:06 AM
It's obviously a quality control problem in the factory in China. Wilson needs to really clamp down and stress that quality and precision means better business.
If Fisher and their "No Tolerance" rackets can do it then so can Wilson. We all should demand nothing less.

nickb
08-15-2007, 05:11 AM
If I ever buy wilsons again I will make sure I get them checked before I buy....my 5 tour 90s all played like different racquets. Your K 6.1 95 could be anything from 8oz to 24oz lol.

regentville
09-05-2007, 03:25 AM
Finally got a reply from Wilson Asia Pacific about the differences in my Wilson K Six One 95, which was rather shocking and amazed me. My findings on their reply found here.

http://www.regentville.com/2007/09/wilson-k-six-one-95-issues.html

Final_Match_Point
09-05-2007, 06:24 AM
Thats what happened with my nsix ones, Im trying to get them matched, but I think the guys at rpny are buys with the usopen

lioneldude
09-05-2007, 06:49 PM
Hey regentville, where did u buy your rackets from?

If i bought it from queensway, can i lodge a complain with RSH too? I measured my K Six One Tours (with strings and 1 pro overgrip) and i found the following weights: 341.0g 336.0g. Also, wilson's paint quality sucked. As i tend to mishit sometimes, the edges on the inside rim became scratched by the balls, such that the black paint is gone and there is just the white layer under it. Even completely new ones have spots and blotches and uneven paint work.

Noveson
09-05-2007, 06:57 PM
I have two of them and they are identical:

12.6 ounces
6 points head light
346 SW
68 stiffness

Seems you're the only one. My friend has two N Six ones and they are a whole eleven grams apart.

regentville
09-06-2007, 03:47 AM
Hey regentville, where did u buy your rackets from?

If i bought it from queensway, can i lodge a complain with RSH too? I measured my K Six One Tours (with strings and 1 pro overgrip) and i found the following weights: 341.0g 336.0g. Also, wilson's paint quality sucked. As i tend to mishit sometimes, the edges on the inside rim became scratched by the balls, such that the black paint is gone and there is just the white layer under it. Even completely new ones have spots and blotches and uneven paint work.

You can try asking RSH about this. But the racquet has to be in good condition. I brought it in without a scratch on the frame. Although the replacement one had got already some scratches on it. But generally as I mentioned, the paintwork is really bad. For me weight was a really big issue and I had no choice but to complain about this. If you are however experiencing problems in playability then I think you should bring this up to RSH. Hope this helps.

regentville
09-06-2007, 03:49 AM
Seems you're the only one. My friend has two N Six ones and they are a whole eleven grams apart.

Yes your friend must be a very lucky individual indeed. I was not as lucky with my 2nd K Six One 95. I absolutely loved my first head light one, but the other balanced one was an absolute lemon for me.

lioneldude
09-07-2007, 08:36 PM
Hi regentville where did you buy your rackets from?

regentville
09-08-2007, 07:38 PM
Hi regentville where did you buy your rackets from?

Hi lioneldude,

Getting the racquet from which store is besides the point. RSH is the authorized distributor of Wilson racquets here in Singapore. Most of the authorized resellers get the Wilson stock from them. If you're unsure, talk to the shop you got your K Factor 95s from to find out who they get their racquets from. If its from RSH, then maybe you should talk to them. Hope this helps.

lioneldude
09-09-2007, 03:43 AM
i see so even if i got it from queensway, RSH will handle my racket problems?

naylor
09-09-2007, 08:57 PM
I've had a K90 for six months, restrung it three times and still have always gone back to my old n90s thinking the K frame was a "dead plank". Then, after reading all these posts, I measured it against my n90s (should be pretty much identical, according to the specs). I found it was 12 g. heavier than my lightest n90 (the one I always go back to), plus an extra 1-and-a-half pts. (0.4cm) head-light.

I guess it's easy to fix = take 12/15 g. from the inside of the handle (if it has weights, otherwise, shave off evenly and carefully) and that ought to shift the balance and also restore some feel to the head. If that fails, I don't think there's anyone here in New Zealand that can custom-match frames - so goodbye K-frame, I'll stick to the older model!

Still, if Wilson has such QC problems, it makes a lottery out of replacing frames. I'll have to make sure I keep the specs I like best and ensure I quote them in future with every new order for TW to try to match.

Thanks, guys, your wisdom was much appreciated.

JW10S
09-09-2007, 09:03 PM
I practiced today with a guy who gets K six-ones from Wilson. He showed me his 3 newest ones. One has a grip noticably bigger than the other two even though they are all marked as being 4 1/2. Another is noticably heavier than the other two. He says this is common.