PDA

View Full Version : Question?

matt.jc
08-14-2007, 02:23 PM
Lately I feel like I can not hit through the ball as much sine I've been playing better players. I find I can hit it just not hit through the ball. I play with the o3 red which is a light racquet. Do you think it's time for me to use a heavier racquet?

lethalfang
08-14-2007, 02:42 PM
Perhaps. You cannot hit through a heavy ball with a light racquet. The best you can do with a light racquet against a heavy ball is to slap at it.

Lleytian3
08-14-2007, 04:52 PM
Perhaps. You cannot hit through a heavy ball with a light racquet. The best you can do with a light racquet against a heavy ball is to slap at it.

i am sorry, but that is not good advice to "slap" at a heavy ball.

what you need to do, is get ready sooner. as soon as you know which stroke you want to hit ex. forehand or backhand, then start preparing as soon as you can. the more better you prepare the more time you have to hit the ball. no matter how heavy the ball is, you'll be able to hit through it if you have enough time. it really doesnt matter on the weight of the racquet. although if the weight is bothering you, you can put a little lead tape, to make it a little heavier.

bobobabob
08-15-2007, 12:10 AM
i am sorry, but that is not good advice to "slap" at a heavy ball.

what you need to do, is get ready sooner. as soon as you know which stroke you want to hit ex. forehand or backhand, then start preparing as soon as you can. the more better you prepare the more time you have to hit the ball. no matter how heavy the ball is, you'll be able to hit through it if you have enough time. it really doesnt matter on the weight of the racquet. although if the weight is bothering you, you can put a little lead tape, to make it a little heavier.

that is utter bs. ever heard of physics? there's this little thing called momentum and impulse. they kinda say that in order to change the velocity of the ball (aka put more pace on it) you need to move a lighter racquet faster. the lighter your racquet, the more it tends to change momentum. this means it's a lot easier to swing through the ball with a heavy racquet because it doesn't want to fly backward as much. either way, get lead tape or a heavier racquet.

lethalfang
08-15-2007, 01:01 AM
^^^
Exactly.
What is slapping? Think of slapping someone's face. Your hand is lighter than the face you're slapping, so your hand will de-accelerate. Same thing will happen if you swing a light racquet toward a fast moving tennis ball. The racquet will get pushed around when it impacts a fast moving ball. No amount of hitting sweet spot or preparation will change that.