PDA

View Full Version : Dunlop Aerogel 300

AJK1
08-14-2007, 03:21 PM
I demo'd the Aerogel 300 last night for about 20mins of solid hitting and i must say, it is a very good stick.
It was strung with Dunlop Multi by the factory, at around mid to high 50's from what i could tell.
It felt good in my hands, the grip shape was well bevelled and comfortable.
Swinging it was a pleasure, it had a nice solid feel through the air and at impact it just ploughed through the ball.
It had a great solid sound at impact on all strokes, and seemed to have just the right amount of flex, control and controllable power. I've never picked up a racquet and not felt so comfortable right away.
It didn't feel like a lighter racquet to me at all, probably due to the balance being nearly even?
The head shape is a little more rectangular than previous models, it actually reminded me of a psuedo Yonex racquet!
I've always been a fan of constant beam racquets and this one gives the impression to me of a lighter players frame.
Conclusion: It is an excellent racquet for anyone, either starting tennis, intermediates or even a great platform for modifications and tweaking by stronger players.
One of the most impressive racquets i've played with.
I'm going to demo the 200 when i get a chance.

Redflea
08-14-2007, 05:39 PM
I demo'd the Aerogel 300 last night for about 20mins of solid hitting and i must say, it is a very good stick.
It was strung with Dunlop Multi by the factory, at around mid to high 50's from what i could tell.
It felt good in my hands, the grip shape was well bevelled and comfortable.
Swinging it was a pleasure, it had a nice solid feel through the air and at impact it just ploughed through the ball.
It had a great solid sound at impact on all strokes, and seemed to have just the right amount of flex, control and controllable power. I've never picked up a racquet and not felt so comfortable right away.
It didn't feel like a lighter racquet to me at all, probably due to the balance being nearly even?
The head shape is a little more rectangular than previous models, it actually reminded me of a psuedo Yonex racquet!
I've always been a fan of constant beam racquets and this one gives the impression to me of a lighter players frame.
Conclusion: It is an excellent racquet for anyone, either starting tennis, intermediates or even a great platform for modifications and tweaking by stronger players.
One of the most impressive racquets i've played with.
I'm going to demo the 200 when i get a chance.

The head shape seeming to be Yonex-ish is an optical illusion due to the paint job. :) Many have been fooled by that. You'll find that the head shape is the same as the M-Fil 300...I have both and if you put one over the other when I first got the AG300 and they match up.

Agree w/a lot of what you say, very solid racquet w/good feel and power. I found it a bit more sluggish than it's specs would have lead me to expect, but that was the only thing I didn't like about it.

AJK1
08-14-2007, 05:49 PM
I own a Dunlop McEnroe and when i held them together the AG300 head was definitely squarer, the mains were shorter and the crosses were wider.
I always thought the McEnroe and the Mfil300 were same head shape just different weight?

jjjosh
08-14-2007, 06:14 PM
I also enjoyed this frame. It had a soft sweet feel on impact and swings easily. I liked it better than the 200 and with a leather grip and a little lead can hold up on heavy hitting.

snoopy
08-14-2007, 07:51 PM
The head shape of the Maxply Mac is symmetrical: the top half is the same shape as the bottom. The head shape of the mfil 300 is asymetrical: the width of the top half is greater than that of the bottom.

Redflea
08-14-2007, 08:08 PM
See my pics here from when I first received my AG300...

Believe me, the M-Fil 300 and AG 300 are the same.

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=109151

babar
08-15-2007, 08:53 AM
I tried this racquet recently also and loved the way it hit and felt. I have been confused as to how much of the feel I got was racquet and how much was the string and tension combo. I felt as though I could swing away with the racquet and still control the shots very well. It does lack power for me, but the spin and control I got were excellent. Anyone play with the racquet with a different string with the same effect? Thanks.

goforgold99
08-15-2007, 10:44 AM
Do the M-Fil 300 and the Aerogel 300 play quite the same?

AR15
08-15-2007, 11:10 AM
After reading all the reviews here, I bought one. My experience was different.

I've been playing with an Prince O3 White for about 8 months. I thought the Aerogel 300 would be more of a "players" racquet and offer better control.

I did not like the Aereogel at all. It was lighter than my O3, but less power. Headsize is smaller than my O3, but I had less control with it. Unless I hit it's small sweetspot, I hit nothing but ugly shots with it.

After trying it a couple of sets and other "hitting" session, I concluded that maybe I was not up to snuff enough for this racquet UNTIL... I borrowed one of my teammates Wilson Nsix 1 Tour 90. I felt like I could hit anything I wanted with this racquet. I'm just not sure how long I would last with it.

Anyway, it could have been the strings in my Aerogel 300 that killed this racquet for me. I'm no expert by any means. But, I do know I hit the O3 White 100% better.

Redflea
08-15-2007, 12:06 PM
Do the M-Fil 300 and the Aerogel 300 play quite the same?

AG plays stiffer, but still comfy. Has more power, overall the AG300 is a more "thumpy" racquet, and is a bit more solid on volleys. For me the AG300 is a bit less spinny, due to my feeling that it is a bit more sluggish than the MF300 (in spite of specs that would indicate otherwise, it doesn't feel as head light as it should to me).

If you like the MF300, you should generally find the AG300 to be a good fit with a bit "more" in most areas. Other than the curious balance issue (which others have reported), I liked it.

goforgold99
08-15-2007, 12:43 PM
If you like the MF300, you should generally find the AG300 to be a good fit with a bit "more" in most areas. Other than the curious balance issue (which others have reported), I liked it.
Hi.
Don't know the M-Fil 300. I like the nBlade but i'm thinking about giving the AG300 a try

Redflea
08-15-2007, 05:02 PM
I don't know the nBlade...why'd you ask for a comparison to the M-Fil if you don't know it? :)

goforgold99
08-16-2007, 01:14 AM
I don't know the nBlade...why'd you ask for a comparison to the M-Fil if you don't know it? :)
good question :D

no ;). I asked if the M-Fil 300 and the Aerogel 300 play similar, because if they do i'm gonna demo only the AG 300, if not I'm gonna demo the M-Fil 300 also..

Thomas Bird-Itch
08-16-2007, 06:42 AM
See my pics here from when I first received my AG300...

Believe me, the M-Fil 300 and AG 300 are the same.

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=109151

You mean the frames are the same shape? I would agree with that.

The heavier, more headlight feeling of the AG is not your imagination. It's like a 300G with 10-15g of lead on it, with the same balance. I loved it, but I'm poor. ;)

See my signature for more ACCURATE specs on this frame. TW weight is not correct!!

Redflea
08-16-2007, 08:00 AM
You mean the frames are the same shape? I would agree with that.

The heavier, more headlight feeling of the AG is not your imagination. It's like a 300G with 10-15g of lead on it, with the same balance. I loved it, but I'm poor. ;)

See my signature for more ACCURATE specs on this frame. TW weight is not correct!!

Thanks...the 324 SW listed at the link you provided is more how the AG300 feels to me than the 316 listed for the AG300 on TWs site!