PDA

View Full Version : Dunlop Mfil-300 users, can you outline the differences between stock and modified

CollegeBound
08-14-2007, 07:04 PM
Read through the very long Mfil-300 thread and a few others but I didnt really get the information I was looking for.

What I'd like to know is what Mfil-300 users believe to be the difference in feel between their racquets when stock and then when modified. I know a lot of guys will say more stable or more solid but I'm hoping for something a bit more descriptive than that. Also, Im curious to hear how the Mfil300 performs with strings close to my preferred choice of either natural gut, 17g or Gosen JC 16.

Im going to demo the Mfil-300 (and the Aerogel300) and know that because its a demo racquet I'm going to have to play it stock and with either cheap synthetic, poly or poly/syn hybrid strings, none of which I like. Normally that could be enough to make me dislike the racquet. But, if I can speculate, based on the experience of others, how the feel might be altered with weight and strings then I can concentrate more on just the results I get.

Hope all of that made sense. Thanks.

Redflea
08-14-2007, 08:06 PM
Read through the very long Mfil-300 thread and a few others but I didnt really get the information I was looking for.

What I'd like to know is what Mfil-300 users believe to be the difference in feel between their racquets when stock and then when modified. I know a lot of guys will say more stable or more solid but I'm hoping for something a bit more descriptive than that. Also, Im curious to hear how the Mfil300 performs with strings close to my preferred choice of either natural gut, 17g or Gosen JC 16.

Im going to demo the Mfil-300 (and the Aerogel300) and know that because its a demo racquet I'm going to have to play it stock and with either cheap synthetic, poly or poly/syn hybrid strings, none of which I like. Normally that could be enough to make me dislike the racquet. But, if I can speculate, based on the experience of others, how the feel might be altered with weight and strings then I can concentrate more on just the results I get.

Hope all of that made sense. Thanks.

I hit my M-Fil 300s stock for the most part...when I adding some lead to the head at 3&9 and some in the handle, it gave me more plow-through on my groundies, and allowed me to let the racquet do more of the work on all shots...cost me a bit of racquet head speed and additional weight to carry around, lost some of the ability to whip the racquet around on groundies and serve that I really like. Ended up feeling stock was the best for my needs.

I string them up w/Klip Legend 16 & 17 (see my sig for info). Feels great at low tension, doesn't get too powerful, pockets the ball beautifully and touch is excellent. I believe the M-Fl 300 shines at lower tensions...if you haven't tried it at 55 you haven't really tried it. :)

CollegeBound
08-15-2007, 12:22 AM
Redflea, I know you tried the Aerogel 300. Did you find a different result using that one ?