PDA

View Full Version : How good is Novak Đoković?

Wuornos
08-15-2007, 12:00 AM
Following on to many of the threads on this site hailing the greatness of the above player, I thought I would see how good the majority believe him to be.

I for one have nothing against the man but prefer to see far greater evidence before I'm happy to even recognise someone as top 3 player let alone a potential GOAT.

Consequently, and I'm not saying he is this bad, just that objectively I need to see more evidence preferably in major events, I would currently rate Novak at number 8 in the world, although climbing fast. Prior to the French Open I had him down at 28 on my ratings.

TheSneakerologist
08-15-2007, 12:11 AM
He's behind fed and nadal DUH...

Zets147
08-15-2007, 12:24 AM
Well, I think he's better than Roddick, Davydenko, Gonzalez, Robredo, Blake, Haas, & Youzhny. That would leave him at around...... number 3?

Wuornos
08-15-2007, 12:41 AM
He's behind fed and nadal DUH...

Why do so many people on this site have to resort to rudeness rather than simply saying, 'I am swayed by the official ranking and therefore believe Novak to be number 3'. Much nicer don't you think!

lethalfang
08-15-2007, 12:50 AM
Why do so many people on this site have to resort to rudeness rather than simply saying, 'I am swayed by the official ranking and therefore believe Novak to be number 3'. Much nicer don't you think!

Why is it rude to say Novak is behind Federer and Nadal? Why is even necessary to cite the official ATP ranking to make that statement?
Federer and Nadal are unrivaled in their achievement, and therefore their 1-2 status is indisputable.
Novak is at best #3 for being able to mount a threat against them on a good day.

Wuornos
08-15-2007, 01:00 AM
Why is it rude to say Novak is behind Federer and Nadal? Why is even necessary to cite the official ATP ranking to make that statement?
Federer and Nadal are unrivaled in their achievement, and therefore their 1-2 status is indisputable.
Novak is at best #3 for being able to mount a threat against them on a good day.

.......DUH!

rafan
08-15-2007, 01:20 AM
For a long time I have thought Novak had the right attitude - especially to playing Federer. He went into the matches he played him really thinking he could beat him and he did. However it remains to be seen if he is up there with the greats i.e the five setters - whether he can stick it out perphaps day after day at the big tournaments but he is a great kid and good luck to him