PDA

View Full Version : Nike Ankle Sleeve

yourmom08
08-15-2007, 07:25 AM
anyone used it? Last year i rolled my ankle so hard it broke a bone in my foot in two places, ever since that my left ankle has been prone to twisting so i'm looking for some support. I hesitate to go to something like an ASO ankle brace because it seems a little too bulky. I want some support, but not at the cost of ankle mobility, my ankle isn't bad enough to warrant motion restriction. So, anybody used the nike ankle sleeve? Any feedback is much appreciated.

Sup2Dresq
08-15-2007, 07:31 AM
anyone used it? Last year i rolled my ankle so hard it broke a bone in my foot in two places, ever since that my left ankle has been prone to twisting so i'm looking for some support. I hesitate to go to something like an ASO ankle brace because it seems a little too bulky. I want some support, but not at the cost of ankle mobility, my ankle isn't bad enough to warrant motion restriction. So, anybody used the nike ankle sleeve? Any feedback is much appreciated.

If its that one with the hard plastic on both sides, I bought one. It dug into my ankle and tore it up. Not worth it. GO with something more fabric than hard plastic. I've heard good stuff about the ASO, but i also heard you may need to adjust your shoe size since it will need more room.

Good luck. Let me know.

yourmom08
08-15-2007, 07:48 AM
http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpageMANIKE-NASL.html
its this one

Sup2Dresq
08-15-2007, 07:55 AM
http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpageMANIKE-NASL.html
its this one

Oh yes, I bought that one too. I use it from time to time. Its give minimal stability increase but anything more is better than none. Only really bad thing about it is its so hard to get it on. Think sock that wont bend.

Also it left an odd black smear on white socks and it started to tear a bit in the joints. I guess from all that pulling it on. You want it tight right.

nyc
08-15-2007, 09:28 AM
If you want to prevent your ankle from rolling again, the nike one won't help you - it's for compression only. You need a brace that confines lateral rolling.

I highly recommend the ASO brace, I play with it all the time and it isn't bulky. And I use the same size shoes. I'm sure there's other brands out there with the same functionality, like Kellesy (sp?) etc.

BeeVee
08-15-2007, 09:42 AM
I second what nyc says. It might take you an hour or so to get used to wearing the ASO on the court, but it'll be worth it. I tape my ankle, then put on a sock, then put on the ASO and I still wear the same size shoe and it feels just fine. Plus, I feel confident in playing at full speed without thinking I'm going to roll my ankle again.

yourmom08
08-15-2007, 11:11 AM
thanks for the input guys, i think i'll give the ASO a long hard look, my first time looking for ankle support so thanks for the help

volusiano
08-19-2007, 03:09 AM
McDavid 195T is virtually the same as ASO but cheaper.