PDA

View Full Version : help with 2 raquets

manber
08-15-2007, 07:26 AM
Dear friends:
Im New in this forum, and congratulations for all the opinions that we see in this forum. I have 42 years I play tennis 7 years and then stopped for 3 years, since the last year I play again, initially I take the raquet of my son( Prince O3 red) and I dont like it, so my trainer show me a lot of raquets and finally I play with babolat pure storm 4 3/8 the last 6 months. The last weekend I play again with the prince O3 red, and surprise, my hits are better than with the babolat and was more consistency yn my play. and fell bettermy elbow.I use in one babolat prince top spin plus string at 57 and in other babolat I use technifibre NG16 at 55
so my questions are:
1.- Do I have to change to prince O3 red again.
2.- Can I reduce the pounds of stringing to 52-53 pounds in my babolat
3.- Can I change to a more thing string like 17 or 17L in my babolat

In the prince O3 red I use the factory string I never change it. Thanks a lot for your opinions. your firend Manuel:confused:

JMS
08-15-2007, 07:29 AM
Welcome to the boards!

For questions 2 and 3 yes you can try that, and for the first question I would demo and talk with your coach on which racquet fits you best.

onkystomper
08-15-2007, 02:49 PM
You probably just liked the prince because it was something different. stick with the babolat and just use the prince for fun now and again

manber
08-15-2007, 03:40 PM
thanks jms for your opinions, and your welcome

manber
08-15-2007, 03:42 PM
thanks onkystomper for your opinion, probably you are right and the feeling is only in my mind, I will continue with babolat and try to use a thin string. thanks

Steve Huff
08-15-2007, 09:51 PM
String and grip size are important. Make sure you have to right grip size with both, and find a string you like. There are strings that offer more power, and other strings that offer more control. Since you mentioned your elbow, I'd sting with a multifiliment string (or natural gut), if that's an option for you.