PDA

View Full Version : Racket PJs

tennismaster888
08-15-2007, 09:53 AM
Most pros use rackets with pjs. does anyone know where you can get you own pj?

Jonny S&V
08-15-2007, 10:03 AM
Most pros use rackets with pjs. does anyone know where you can get you own pj?

Just get some paint and do it yourself. Make sure to sand first though, and through out.

onkystomper
08-15-2007, 02:55 PM
RPNY apparently does them but they are $$$$$

enwar3
08-15-2007, 03:27 PM
Check the stickies I think.... Chris_in_japan also knows a lot about this.

White_Rice
08-15-2007, 03:46 PM
Why do you want a PJ? I just don't understand why an amateur who has zero racquet endorsements would want a PJ on his/her racquet. The only thing i think looks cool are just the blacked out ones.

Bhagi Katbamna
08-15-2007, 04:36 PM
Well TW sold some PS 6.0 95 painted like the HPS Tour 95's in the past.

Aeropro master
08-15-2007, 04:37 PM
Check the stickies I think.... Chris_in_japan also knows a lot about this.

Chris_in_japan had a very good thread about a blue [k] factor. BTW, how much is a pj at RPNY.

azndude32
08-15-2007, 09:25 PM
Chris_in_japan had a very good thread about a blue [k] factor. BTW, how much is a pj at RPNY.
yea i was wonderin also

Steve Huff
08-15-2007, 09:47 PM
I think Chris in Japan airsprayed his. You could probably pay someone to airspray it for you.

VikingSamurai
08-16-2007, 12:38 AM
Hi guys.. Yes, I did a few sticks.. I did a blue K-95, but because it was an old beat up frame, I never finished it. But I just wanted to prove that with a little patients, and a little bit of talent, anyone can customize a paint job.. But in saying that, its not that easy.. I have a model building background, so basically put my knowledge of painting and used it when doing frames.. The best one I did was my black and blue diablo ms.. If you really want to learn, go to a site like www.finescale.com and look at all the model painting tutorials.. Even ask a few people, after all, painting is painting, and it is the same what ever you are painting.. I also use a top of the range airbrush, so its not just like you can just hang a frame on the clothesline and rattle can paint it.. Although if you just looking for one colour, thats fine. But anything with detail actually needs alot of work.

Here are a few pics.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v636/AusLexJapan/P4240720.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v636/AusLexJapan/P2220434.jpg

Fumus
08-16-2007, 09:12 AM
Wow that's awesome. How do you want so you can paint my Babolat's inverted colors...I think that would looks sweet.

Shashwat
08-16-2007, 09:29 AM
I like plain black frames, so i went to an auto store and asked them to paint it black.

VikingSamurai
08-16-2007, 05:01 PM
Wow that's awesome. How do you want so you can paint my Babolat's inverted colors...I think that would looks sweet.

Fumus, we talked about custom paint jobs in a thread last year. And unless I was doing quite a few a week, and was able to hire people to assist me, then the actual price of the paint job would cost you alot.. For me to do a perfect job to the detail you want would take me a few weeks..

What it came down to was. That for instance, if you wanted me to do it. Then you would have to cover the costs of my missing work for that week, and if you saw what I got paid, then you wouldn't be so interested. If it takes two weeks to do the frame, then you can start to get an idea..

I am not saying this to be rude. But it does take alot of work to get it to look like it just came off the shelf.. And unless I had enough orders each week to make it a good business, then doing one here and there simply wouldn't be worth it..

If there was a nice stream of them, then I could put people on to help, and then the time to do one becomes shorter, which then means the price would be much lighter..

Racquet companies have a production line, and so it is all done by machines.. For me, I would have to design, mask, tape, cut, paint, lacker, decal, and sticker the whole thing by hand.. Big difference.. So if you do find a company that does it. Then the reason it costs so much is because it takes alot of work..

azndude32
08-16-2007, 05:32 PM
Hi guys.. Yes, I did a few sticks.. I did a blue K-95, but because it was an old beat up frame, I never finished it. But I just wanted to prove that with a little patients, and a little bit of talent, anyone can customize a paint job.. But in saying that, its not that easy.. I have a model building background, so basically put my knowledge of painting and used it when doing frames.. The best one I did was my black and blue diablo ms.. If you really want to learn, go to a site like www.finescale.com and look at all the model painting tutorials.. Even ask a few people, after all, painting is painting, and it is the same what ever you are painting.. I also use a top of the range airbrush, so its not just like you can just hang a frame on the clothesline and rattle can paint it.. Although if you just looking for one colour, thats fine. But anything with detail actually needs alot of work.

Here are a few pics.

wow u did a REALLY good job

PROTENNIS63
08-16-2007, 06:30 PM

Here are a few pics.

these are some REALLY Nice looking sticks!

gjoc
08-17-2007, 01:35 AM
Racquet companies have a production line, and so it is all done by machines.. For me, I would have to design, mask, tape, cut, paint, lacker, decal, and sticker the whole thing by hand.. Big difference.. So if you do find a company that does it. Then the reason it costs so much is because it takes alot of work..

Wow, you do nice work, Chris.

Is the lettering painted on using a mask of some sort, or are those decals with the “Prince” and “Diablo” and so forth?

rosenstar
08-18-2007, 11:19 AM

Chris-
I really like the work you've done. It's very impressive. I think I might want to try this on an old frame I don't play with any more. where on the site you mentioned can we find the painting tutorials?

Thanks,
Ben

tennismaster888
08-18-2007, 11:43 AM
those paint jobs were ridiculous! did the rackets weigh the same afterward?

federer envies me
08-18-2007, 12:01 PM
WOW Chris you are a really good artist

Rafa freak
08-18-2007, 12:15 PM

Here are a few pics.

you could do pjs for people like federer. He needs a blue kfactor.

Omisoshiru
08-18-2007, 02:19 PM
Dang, that looks really cool xD

cujays
08-19-2007, 02:34 PM
how did u do the blue k factor