PDA

View Full Version : Demoing Racquets....Funny!?!

TripleB
08-15-2007, 12:28 PM
First let me start off this post by saying that the Tennis-Warehouse demo program (as well as T-W itself) is the greatest thing ever created for a "10-S BUM" such as myself. This post is in no way meant to criticize the T-W Demo Program!!!

Does anyone else find it "fun" to watch the dates changed on when your demo racquets are supposed to be back in to T-W?

I ordered my latest batch of racquets so that I would have them in time to try out every night before I started teaching again (Aug. 27th). When I ordered them last week two were in stock, one was due back Aug. 13th, and the last one due back on Aug. 14th.

I checked on them yesterday (Aug. 14th) and three of them were in stock and the 4th one was to be in on Aug. 7th.

Today I checked on them and one of them is in stock, one is due in Aug. 13th, one is due in Aug. 20th, and the last one is due in on May 9th :D .

Anyone else find it amusing to watch the dates of when the racquets are supposed to be back in change from day to day?

Again, this post is not to knock the demo program...it's the best thing ever for a person like me who's in search for a perfect racquet that doesn't exist. I wish someone had something like this for golf clubs!!!

I do honestly find it amusing seeing how the dates change from day to day.

TripleB

TennisMD
08-15-2007, 02:37 PM
I agree it is a nice program, and I think TW is somewhat at the mercy of those who demo in that speedy, prompt returns do not happen. Thyey are inb business and therefore do not want to hassel a prospective buyer to return the rkts. Actually I find it quite difficult to get a sense of a rkt in one week, so I am sure many delay their return.

bumfluff
08-15-2007, 03:02 PM
The place I demo from in the UK give you two weeks which is great, although it is a full deposit but then that is refunded and you only pay for shipping back. This time I think I might be ready to order aswell.

sharp*shooter
08-15-2007, 03:07 PM
The place I demo from in the UK give you two weeks which is great, although it is a full deposit but then that is refunded and you only pay for shipping back. This time I think I might be ready to order aswell.

Where can you demo from in the UK?

TripleB
08-15-2007, 03:34 PM
I agree it is a nice program, and I think TW is somewhat at the mercy of those who demo in that speedy....

I bet your right with a lot of cases!!!

I will pat myself on the back this one time. My most recent batch of demos was supposed to go back today but I sent them back a day early because I knew I wouldn't be playing with them last night.

TripleB

Char
08-15-2007, 04:15 PM
I love the demo program. Did I say love? It is indeed a wonderful thing. Hmm. Except for the thing you mention. ;)

I actually watch the dates jump around for a few days or a week and if they still havent shipped by then I just call and see what is going on, maybe drop one of the offending racquets or change one of the the grip sizes and *poof*, the demos ship. Honestly, TW has some of the absolute best customer service each and every time I get them on the phone, which by the way I am pleased to say, is always within a couple rings at most.

Richard Pur
08-16-2007, 09:09 AM
I wish someone had something like this for golf clubs!!!

TripleB

I thought there was a demo program somewhere for golf clubs. I may have seen something at either T-G-W.com or G-o-l-f-s-m-i-t-h. I also think it was a little more expensive.

Rich

TripleB
08-16-2007, 09:56 AM
I thought there was a demo program somewhere for golf clubs. I may have seen something at either T-G-W.com or G-o-l-f-s-m-i-t-h. I also think it was a little more expensive.

Rich

There may be....I know that T-G-W has a 30 day Product Playability Guarantee that I've used quite often :) .

TripleB

TripleB
08-16-2007, 09:59 AM
UPDATE (1:56 EST on AUG. 16TH): MY ORDER IS NOW COMPLETE AND WILL BE SHIPPED TOMORROW!!! :mrgreen:

I TOLD YOU....I LOVE WATCHING THE DATES....JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S GOING TO BE TWO WEEKS UNTIL YOU GET YOUR DEMOS THEY'RE READY TO GO!!!

TripleB