PDA

View Full Version : Womens 2007 US Open Wildcards

TennisFan2007
08-15-2007, 02:00 PM
When will we know??? :-(

dirtballer
08-15-2007, 02:22 PM
The men were announced today. I'm thinking tomorrow for the women. Donald Young, John Isner, Alex Kuznetsov, Jesse Levine, Wayne Odesnik, Ryan Sweeting, Michael McClune, and Aussie Alun Jones got the men's wild cards.

TennisFan2007
08-15-2007, 02:25 PM
Thanks...I just assumed they would be announced @ the same time...Hoping that Lindsay Lee-Waters gets one

dirtballer
08-17-2007, 04:16 AM
I just saw the news release on the women's wild cards. Lauren Albanese, Madison Brengle, Audra Cohen, Alexa Glatch, Jamea Jackson, Ahsha Rolle, Ashley Weinhold and Jessica Moore have been awarded women’s singles main draw wild card entries into the US Open and Hilary Barte, Violette Huck, Asia Muhammad, Lindsey Nelson, Melanie Oudin, Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova, Alison Riske, Anna Tatishvili and CoCo Vandeweghe have been awarded wild cards into the US Open Qualifying tournament.

Pancho
08-27-2007, 11:51 AM
I just saw the news release on the women's wild cards. Lauren Albanese, Madison Brengle, Audra Cohen, Alexa Glatch, Jamea Jackson, Ahsha Rolle, Ashley Weinhold and Jessica Moore have been awarded women’s singles main draw wild card entries into the US Open and Hilary Barte, Violette Huck, Asia Muhammad, Lindsey Nelson, Melanie Oudin, Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova, Alison Riske, Anna Tatishvili and CoCo Vandeweghe have been awarded wild cards into the US Open Qualifying tournament.

They are wasting wildcards on people like Lauren Albanese and Audra Cohen. there are better girls out there - younger, stronger and have more weapons than these 2 girls. Ágnes Szávay is the a great young player she has won an WTA tournament and will prove better than any of these girls mentioned.