PDA

View Full Version : crap, I might be having problems with my nBlade!!!

UW_Husky88
08-15-2007, 03:38 PM
Hey,

So I just recently bought a couple of nBlades, and the one that I strung at a lower tension (I was messing with tensions to see what would happen) is starting to vibrate a lot, especially in the handle area. It feels almost similar to what my other racket that cracked felt like, so is this bad? The one that I strung at 60 (capacity) is perfectly fine, but this one at 54 is starting to feel really messed up, and the vibrations killed my shoulder and everything, so is my nBlade starting to crack maybe?

Oh and no dampeners are being used in case that matters.

enwar3
08-15-2007, 03:41 PM
If you recently bought them you should be fine... warranty?

UW_Husky88
08-15-2007, 03:45 PM
yeah I know I have the warranty on my side, but is it cracking, or what is going on?

fgs
08-15-2007, 03:52 PM
uw husky88,
have these vibrations you talk about been there from the beginning? how long have you played with this lower strung racquet? it could be that this is a tension where that particular string and the frame develop sort of a weird resonance - if you go a little bit higher or lower with string tension, this vibrations might just dissappear.

UW_Husky88
08-15-2007, 04:11 PM
hmmm maybe, but the thing is, I actually liked the lower tension more before, and I think it didn't rattle so much. But yeah, maybe I'll cut the strings and try stringing it again at 60 to see what happens.

fgs
08-15-2007, 05:34 PM
uw husky88,
i play the 106blades and have them strung as low as 50lbs on the mains with nxt tour 16g. while there is some vibration coming down in this setup, it is mainly because i replaced the soft original grip with leather and don't use any overgrip. i do use a n-trap though (which spreads over 6 strings).
maybe you try lowering the tension if you liked the softer stringbed, just get out of this (possibly) weird range. i had this experience some long time ago with another racquet, which simply didn't like the string i was playing at a certain tension - i went down 2lbs and that weird vibration was gone, therefore i suggested you give it a try.
since i understand that your sticks are new it is rather unlikely that they already have a stress fracture (even a tiny one). of course such a thing cannot be excluded, but since i hope you didn't abuse your racquet, in such a case the warranty will definitely apply.

UW_Husky88
08-15-2007, 06:22 PM
well do scratches on the bumper count? I sometimes hit the racket's head when going for volleys, so does that count? Also there is a minor scratch, but I'm way too enamored by this racket's PJ to throw it (I'm not even kidding lol, thats actually why I don't HA), so I think it should apply. But anyways, I like it tighter now anyways, so maybe I'll just restring it at the right tension and see if it still acts weird.

paulfreda
08-16-2007, 03:50 AM
I needed to add some 25 grams of lead to the top of the handle of my 106nBlade to make it feel solid.
JFYI.

Jeronimo
08-16-2007, 06:06 AM
Well i dont think the racquet is cracking or something, sometimes vibrations are only the result of the strings + the tension..

Maybe the strings you chose are creating this vibrations, try a dampener, if you feel the same vibrations, dude you have a problem..

try to add some lead

If you dont feel comfortable then just re-string it