PDA

View Full Version : Why does ESPN/TC show the serve in 2 parts?

drake
08-15-2007, 03:47 PM
Unlike golf where they show the complete swing motion, ESPN and the TC always shows a closeup and then a wide shot of the servers motion. Just one tournament it would be nice if we could see the complete motion of all the servers instead of trying to be artistic with their stupid camera angles.

martin8768
08-15-2007, 04:53 PM
oh are you talking about when they like put the camera on the face for the toss and most of the backswing then switch to above the court(full court) view for the rest of the point because i find that really distracting and aggravating i'd like to see the whole service motion too,

Maybe a view from the side for the whole serve once in a will would be nice, or more angles but not switching the angles during the point or halfway through the serve.

usfferjenn
08-15-2007, 08:02 PM
yeah that's annoying. i thought it was just me who bothered to notice that. my guess is that they're trying to immediately show the rest of the point. i guess if they showed the full serve there's a chance of a delay switching over to show the return shot.

tenis
08-15-2007, 09:20 PM
Yeah, I don't like it also!

Alafter
08-15-2007, 09:32 PM
It disrupts my attempt to learn. A LOT.

Iliketacos
08-15-2007, 09:43 PM
Agree that it is annoying.

Alafter, this link should help you in your quest to learn:
http://www.playerdevelopment.usta.com/news/fullstory.sps?inewsid=110778

uc3
08-15-2007, 09:55 PM
You know what I like? I like HIGH DEFINITION golf.

You know what I'd really like? HIGH DEFINITION tennis.

You know what I like? The SUPER SLOW MO swings they show in golf.

You know what I'd really like? The SUPER SLOW MO serve in HIGH DEFINITION for a tennis match. Espn2 can't even broadcast in HIGH DEF so I guess that's what we need to push for first. Then comes the SUPER SLOW MO serve.

usfferjenn
08-16-2007, 06:33 AM
That would be so awesome. Yes the split does disrupt me trying to learn too!

IlikeTacos, thanks for adding the link.