PDA

View Full Version : Babolat any good?

CR Jason
08-15-2007, 03:56 PM
I was wondering if the "Babolat Pure Drive Plus Cortex" was any good?
Because I've been lookin at it and i want it. i have the Wilson Ncode pro open, and i think its time for me to get a new Racquet. I'm not really feeling the ncodes anymore. I want a racquet that suits me more And its not all about the light weight of wilson. I just want a better racquet.

1. what racquet is better? Babolat pure drive or ncode pro open?
(price wise doesn't matter)

2. How is it better?

3. what graphics are better?

4. what Racquet you prefer?

meowmix
08-15-2007, 04:28 PM
That completely depends on what you need. What kind of game do you have? Are you mainly playing doubles or singles?

Best thing that you can do is demo the PDC and see if you like it. TW's got a pretty good demo program.

By the way, are you from Council Rock?

10nisDude~
08-15-2007, 04:29 PM
too me the PD cortex is better for power...if u have control this racquet is good for u....but the open string pattern at least to me gives u more spin...

To me PD cortex has better graphics

I prefer the Pure Drive roddick...i use it...although heavier i can control my shots and put pace too...

CR Jason
08-15-2007, 04:38 PM
I play doubles and from coon rapids, mn. i heard that the PD is heavy. i tryed it like once or twice. i might just demo it.

soggyramen
08-15-2007, 04:47 PM
heck no the PD ain't heavy

honestly the PD is a better racquet even though they're very close as i like muted racquets which babolat is know for.

to me the npro open looks nicer WAY NICER

i currently use a pure storm tour which is a wonderful racquet but would be an adjustment for you with the weight and power difference i suggest you try the PD w/ cortex, the pure storm 2004, and the new pure storm, or the aero pro drive those are the most popular babolats around right now.

honestly i hated the pure drive roddick it felt soooooo heavy and not headlight enough and had way too much power for it's own good. though serving with it was fun.

CR Jason
08-15-2007, 05:11 PM
i was probably use the pd roddick

CR Jason
08-15-2007, 05:21 PM
i have the ncode pro open for about little more than a year, and the paint it attends to chip off when u drop it(not trying to drop it).. it has a crack on it. its not that big, but i'm sure than sooner or later it will break. so i'm going to be prepared.

FedUp
08-15-2007, 05:35 PM
My favorite Babolat frame is the aeropro control - a monster of a frame. I also have the APD cortexx and love the graphics. But I also got the Prince Speedport Black. With a little lead, it plays very well and is my current racquet of choice. Take a look on TW.

Silent
08-15-2007, 08:31 PM
I have the nSixOne 95 16x18 SPPP 1.28 @ 53 lbs and have played with my friend's PD+ PH 17 @ 58 lbs I believe. (I'm guessing it's @ mid tension)

The nSixOne 95 isn't the same as the nPro Open, the PD Cortex or the PD+, it's heavier, more headlight, has a higher swingweight, a smaller headsize and is more flexible (still stiff). But still, I'd like to share my thoughts on those frames as it might help you.

I'm not sure what more you are looking for in your next frame, but in my experience, the nSixOne 95 is a better racquet than the PD+.

At that tension, I've got the power I need and it's a very stable racquet even on hard shots. Hitting the sweetspot isn't that hard even for an inexperienced player like me, in spite of the smaller headsize. I can also generate topspin very easily with my forehand. The nSixOne 95 really feels solid.

I also like the PD+. It has more power which is fun too, but I like the added control of the nSixOne 95 better. Generating spin is also very easy with that frame.

The nSixOne 95 looks better than the Babolat in my opinion. It has a more classic look, which I like. Also, the light blue tournagrip looks very good on that red frame.

The drawbacks are the original grip, absolutely worthless for someone who sweats like me, and the fact that TW doesn't seem to be carrying the 16x18 version.

abenguyen
08-15-2007, 09:43 PM
doesn't matter whether the company is any good, its whether the racquet is good for you. Yes the company has to be good to produce good consistent racquets, but in your question's case, it depends on what you like. You demo to find what you like

Micky
08-15-2007, 10:07 PM
I was wondering if the "Babolat Pure Drive Plus Cortex" was any good?
Because I've been lookin at it and i want it. i have the Wilson Ncode pro open, and i think its time for me to get a new Racquet. I'm not really feeling the ncodes anymore. I want a racquet that suits me more And its not all about the light weight of wilson. I just want a better racquet.

1. what racquet is better? Babolat pure drive or ncode pro open?
(price wise doesn't matter)

2. How is it better?

3. what graphics are better?

4. what Racquet you prefer?

If you want class and style...follow the "Alliance".